Bastion should be reworked, not buffed

That just makes his already useless Sentry mode even more useless…? Recon mode is fine, Sentry is the problem. And like the other comment, if you ruin his self sustain, it just forces cheese comps even more than they are now…

Because every “rework” so far has been a complete success!

/s

1 Like

bastion being viable is a nightmare

would rather want him to be reworked than have this current bastion to be stronger

The issue with Bastion is that he needs a ridiculous amount of barriers to be good, because if you don’t have that the enemy team can just out-barrier you, and you can’t do anything even against heroes you’d kill normally.
It’s funny how they wanted Bastion to be a barrier breaker, except he is not good at it.

Most Bastion mains agree with you as well… We don’t like Ironclad, it wasn’t necessary to begin with, and it’s unnecessarily hard to balance around a passive damage resist.

Right now, the most popular rework would be Tank on E (I think just a revert is more popular, but it’s not really a rework).

Basically, reduce Tank’s damage to 120 (or maybe 95 if that feels like too much, I don’t think it would though), limit the ammo somewhat, remove passive Ironclad, repair applies a damage reduction (Ironclad), revert most of Sentry mode’s changes.

Hey! :wink:
Thanks for always helping spread the word!

In my personal opinion, as a player with over 100 hours on the hero, a Bastion “Meta” Would be OP.

To Explain, A “Meta” Or otherwise the Most Effective Tactic Available, A Situation Based entirely and ONLY Around the hero, (Or ANY Hero) Would be.

But, Viability is another case all together.

As Linked in the Quoted section above, Us Bastion mains have compiled any and all ideas we can come up with, in an attempt to make Bastion Viable Again.

We simply want to have an enjoyable time, when playing the hero.
Not be forced to switch off onto another hero, every 30 seconds into a match.

And i believe this to be possible.
Bastion was originally a High Risk, High Reward hero.
And that playstyle needs to be re-instated, and otherwise brought back.

A “Glass Cannon” If you will.

2 Likes

cough tank on E cough

1 Like

Bastion was always fine and actually underpowered at launch. If you die to a Bation not moving after a couple of kills that is on you

I think he is being sarcastic here, since he is an active member of the buff Bastion community.

1 Like

Yeah, it was sarcasm… I guess a Kappa could have helped…

That’s just the excuses I’ve come across, they don’t really make all that much sense to me…

2 Likes

That’s why the most liked idea is to revert spread and headshots at the cost of any or all of the buffs they gave sentry. He goes back to kill or be killed. Maybe some people didn’t like that but most people don’t like the direction they took him. Also he’d solve almost all problems people have. He’s a PharMercy counter, he would counter tanks better, Brigitte gives armor? Not anymore.

The problem with right now is they took the power away. You can even send single heroes like Hanzo or Roadhog even while he’s actively shooting and the rest of their team can ignore you while you die.

Remember to revert tank, they removed the 150 armor for ironclad.

1 Like

DF is actually doing really well now. IDK what happened but people are sucking less and less with him.

The tank on E rework has been going on since before the forum shift, it’s just being discussed a lot more because of the Bastion Megathread. We moved into the second version when the first just about hit the post cap though.

That’s hardly anything and would put his shots per second at 9 making his recon dps 180 while also nerfing the one thing that keeps him alive in recon super hard. The reason it heals the amount it does is so he can get from 1 to full over the whole duration.

Because they haven’t listened to the people who play him with every rework so far. They hear there’s a problem, get a general idea of what’s wrong, then do their own stuff without heeding any of our suggestions or ideas and that hasn’t worked at all. Some people before said he needed a bit of survivability in sentry and recon/healing needed a buff, so they nerfed his damage and spread into oblivion and gave him ironclad which was nerfed into near uselessness. The only thing they got right was healing and recon.

I hate that I’m bashing the devs this much but my fuse has been going for over a year now and who knows how short it is now.