Bastion should be reworked, not buffed

In the words of Kolorblind, “a Bastion meta would be the worst thing ever.

Making the hero better in his current state would only make this happen. Think about it, every single payload map would feel like Junkertown, and I’m pretty sure no one wants that.

I don’t think there is any possible way of making him good in his current state without causing frustration and a lack of versatility in the meta. We have that problem already with Hanzo, we don’t need more heroes doing the same thing, especially not Bastion. We want to avoid mirror comps at all costs.

This hero deserves a full on makeover.

14 Likes

I agree. I would say the same about a sombra-meta though.

6 Likes

A Bastion meta caused by Bastion being OP would be awful <Cough> 35% Ironclad </Cough>. If he were to get a nice rework (my favorite would be removing Ironclad, putting tank on E, buffing Sentry a bit), a Bastion meta wouldn’t really be a bad thing (again, assuming he’s not only meta because he’s extremely strong like Hanzo).

2 Likes

Having him part of some meta because he’s useful/versatile would be amazing, imo.
Tank on E is great for that.

We’re going to have a triple tank dive meta and bastion can’t do a thing to them (and it’s his job!)

1 Like

Im just enjoying the fact he gets played and its a bit different.

A rework would be nice. But whatever happens he will always be 1st on the hit list- he is so powerful

1 Like

He should actually be somewhat decent against the triple dive tank thing… he can actually hit them, and he’s immune to their boops… D.va might be somewhat annoying, but as long as he has a healer on him for her dive, he should be fine…

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t need a buff though, he could still really use a spread buff at the very least

How about no.

This is the only change he needs: Revert the crap that is new turret, lose Ironclad. Leave the recon changes and healing. The only changes he had EVER needed were the recon changes

3 Likes

Yeah, but reverting Sentry will instantly make him a must pick because reasons… he wasn’t a must pick before his rework by any stretch, but now he definitely would because people said so…

Also “impossible to balance” and all that jazz

Bastion’s isn’t a redesign worthy hero. That’d be Doomfist.

This game really needs a massive cross-class balance patch though.

Bastion is in a much worse spot than Doomfist… Doomfist is actually useful, where Bastion is basically useless…

I would like if they reworked his OHK, but I think Bastion is in much more need of a rework

1 Like

Doomfist is actually viable in almost every situation. Bastion isn’t. Plus Bastion has been in the game for much longer than Doomfist, and has constantly been in a terrible spot. DF is in a good spot right now. How does that make DF more worthy of a rework?

1 Like

They can remove the explosive shells from Bastion’s ult, and increase it’s speed for the new ult

Remove self healing entirely, and replace it with recon droids that act like Widow’s ult and Hanzo’s arrow

And change the primary to a good solid rifle shot

Doomfist is the worst designed hero in the game by far.
Like Bastion may be a bit weak, but at least all of his abilities work properly.
He is just countered by tanks too much…
Cross class balance in this game is awful.

One thing that would help bastion fit in is if they made Overwatch 10v10.

I totally agree, and I’ve actually seen some really cool rework ideas for him on the forums. The other day someone posted an idea for making tank mode a core part of his kit instead of an ultimate which sounded really cool. Honestly I think there’s a lot of room with his character to do something crazy and exciting.

4 Likes

He does need a rework, please check here for ideas:

But I believe sentry and tank needs some buffs(tank less so but still) along with some QoL changes to self repair.

2 Likes

Or just weaker tanks.
If Bastion get’s buffed, he’s be too good against dps, but if he doesn’t get buffed tanks destroy him too easily.

Increase reload time in sentry mode by 50%, decrease self heal by 30%, increase rate of fire in recon mode by 15%

I advocate and support this he needs a rework not buffs

This removes basically the one use of his ult, rocket jumping.

I mean, self healing is on RMB, he doesn’t have an E button. You wouldn’t need to remove it to add another ability. And if you remove his self heal, it’ll just force pirateship comps if people want to play Bastion. Literally everyone in the game focuses him first because he can be somewhat dangerous, and he’s a very easy target. If you remove his self-sustain, he has to have a healer on him at all times, which is what we’re trying to avoid.

Also recon droids…? Just use Ganymede…