Bastion’s high damage is the reason he is unplayable

What if i game on Mac??

:thinking:

1 Like

I’d prefer just old stats so his damage to barriers doesn’t change, only to players and how well you can track their heads. I don’t want him to deal more damage to barriers because I don’t want him to just be picked only to kill barriers.

1 Like

You are dead to me.

2 Likes

He was OP because the damage resistance stack limit was too high. 35% Ironclad + 50% Nanoboost was like 80% damage resistance I think. I’m pretty sure it capped at 80%, maybe it was 85%. Either way, he was basically unkillable.

This is why we want to remove Ironclad entirely (or rework it so that it only applies while healing, kinda like Roadhog). It’s way too hard to balance a passive damage resistance. The damage isn’t what’s making him unbalanced, it’s the damage resist.

1 Like

85% resist

Yeah, the issue with it is he technically has “more health” but doesn’t have “more health” to heal so healing is more efficient.

1 Like

I don’t think there is an Overwatch for Mac is there? I could’ve sworn I saw something about there not being one…

I’m sure everyone remembers the classic Moonmoon clip:

What a horrible outlook on things. Glad to know you have a superiority complex.

I mean, in all fairness, you should probably learn who you can and can’t kill… That still happens if the Bastion has a healer on him, and is healing himself…

But yeah, it was pretty broken, I have no idea how a passive damage resistance got past play testing… I guess no one over there plays Bastion :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s not superior, it’s different. You don’t care about how Bastion was only OP for a couple days on PC, same the other way around.

I do actually. It’s not like I’ve never played on PC, when in actuality i played PC for the first 3 seasons, then season 6 as well. I went back to console after the Mercy rework came out.

Why does it say you only own PSN then?

it’s a smurf that I can make for free because, again, console.

Honestly this.
I know it’s a complete d*ck move but I have spawncamped Bastions before now because I despise having to dislodge them from the point/cart where they’re sitting behind a shield with a Mercy damage boost. It feels like even his counters don’t counter him when he’s in that situation.
If they just nerfed Sentry Mode by changing the bullet type to linear projectiles he’d actually be counter-able, even sat in a bunker. (Although the bullets would need a travel speed of-at least-120 meters per second, have headshots enabled again and have the spread tightened to around 1.25 degrees. Otherwise Sentry Mode would just be an Orisa gun that can’t move.)

In find two types pf toons in this game.
toons anyone can play as is on their own.
toons that demand co-op play with at least one or two teammates to get the juice they have.

A bastion works on a team that works their bastion. Some maps have great spots, and if a bast, oris and healer post up in them. The otehr team will be demanded to get a right team comp and team play to have enough of them dive us all at once in an organized fashion.

It is the solo bast, or the bast ignored by the shielding tanks that’s not going to have juice to give really.

not say’n bast couldn’t use a little work. But i find the mix of team toons and solo toons to be intentional, and i’d not be expecting some toons to become soloable toons. but always be team play toons.

That’s not really Bastion being OP, that’s a team comp being OP (though it isn’t really, teamwork works wonders on bunker comps).

The thing is, now that Mei no longer has falloff, he’d be the only projectile hero with falloff… unless the also removed his falloff. Technically Roadhog and Torb’s shotguns have falloff, but they’re shotguns, they don’t really count…

1 Like

Old bastion required teamplay to be really viable but solo he still had a chance.

I think they’ve since capped all damage resistance at 50% because the Nanoboost/Fortify combo was too strong (I could be wrong though).

2 Likes

He needs all 5.