Bastion’s high damage is the reason he is unplayable

He can’t outdamage Zen’s ult unless they’re actually point blank and who is standing still there? They’re AD spamming. Also Roadhog Widow and Hanzo can oneshot people effectively outdamaging it too and are you going to call their regular primary fire OP?

They did, it ruined him.

That would require deleting his short and all comics involving him and deleting half of his player model destroying his entire purpose in the game and just make him a bad Soldier.

Or we could not nerf him to buff him because that hasn’t worked in the history of any Bastion changes.

3 Likes

Been there, done that… That’s why we’re here in the first place

3 Likes

I don’t want his sentry as an “ability” rather than a mode. It’s making it even more secondary like Soldiers rockets.

That’s what I’m afraid of. They’ll make changes nobody wants and call it a day. Or rather call it a year and a half.

3 Likes

It would be, if he could actually do it consistently (I think that’s what you’re saying in the second part, not quite sure)…

If he just had his spread either reverted or copied from Hammond (his starts off a little less accurate, but stays there longer than Basiton’s old spread), he would probably be pretty good.

The reason he is unplayable is because he has a hitbox the size of a wall and cannot move without incurring an animation penalty for a transform, and is then completely useless again until he sits back down. It means he has a ton of down time and makes him highly vulnerable, especially to forms of CC. This is why he relies so heavily on shields and teammates.

Honestly I don’t remember whose post it was but I think my favorite idea so far was to put a less powerful version of tank on E and then make his ult “overclock” which gives him various performance improvements and some CC immunity. That version of him sounds quite fun to play, IMO.

3 Likes

Dude, what is even your point? You acknowledge that Bastion is garbage and that his damage means nothing, and yet here you are trying to preach that Bastion needs nerfs in compensation for any buffs. Are you just playing devil’s advocate for kicks n’ giggles?

Hey im mister Balance look at me.

1 Like

There’s been quite a few of those, it originated in the old forums even before Mercy got her rework…

I think I saw you on Astro’s post for it though…

1 Like

Do it again and buff the rest of him more then?

Yes because they deleted Hanzo’s short when they removed scatter lmfaoooo you’re a child

ooooorrrrrrrr you could stop trying to get bastion to be overpowered again

Say again? When was he OP?

1 Like

Hanzo still has a bow though. He might be able to scatter still, he just decides not to. If Bastion lost his Sentry mode, then why have the minigun on his back, and if he doesn’t have the minigun on his back, then the cinematics won’t make any sense…

3 Likes

For a month at the beginning of season 4

So you say it was because of their rework and iron clad…

And on console only as here on pc they nerfed him way too fast. Not looking at things they were doing

I swear to god do i have to repeat myself everytime it’s incredibly annoying it feels like I’m talking to a 3 year old

This is probably the one I saw, yeah. I think tank form gives him some power he desperately needs that’s coupled with actually mobility (instead of his only useful form making him completely immobile) and the overclock idea just sounds really cool. It’s almost like a personalized nanoboost.

As far as all the exact tweaks and numbers, I’m sure those could be ironed out a bit. Thinks like dealing 2x damage versus barriers I think would be super OP. Being able to consistently deal 450dps to them (since the spread/accuracy typically wont be a factor versus such a large shield) I think he already melts them fairly quickly. If I were to seriously consider a damage boost vs barriers I’d probably think more along the lines of 10-20% and see how it goes from there.

1 Like

Zirkel was the one who came up with it but he kind of vanished and when the new forums came around I started bringing it back and now it’s basically going to show up anywhere Bastion changes are mentioned. Like now.

A person with a name like that and a short temper i find quite difficult to take seriously.

1 Like

It’s because you’re on console. As a PC player I don’t care so much about console balance the same way you don’t care about PC balance.

Oh and btw it was because of ironclad not his damage.

Jared and I use PC.

3 Likes