Bastion Megathread On His Current Situation *Bug Fixed!*

Soldier does 11 more damage per second because of his faster firerate even though he does less damage per bullet.

1 Like

I say give him a boob ability so he push enemies away like pharah and brigitte they use the boob to stop known abuse.

I think you forgot a couple "P"s in there somewhere.

:joy:

20 characters thing

you want to Give Bastion a “Boob” job… i do not think that will help at all to be honest.

I updated the thread with this post:

The video describes what causes the first shot tankmode bug to trigger

Ult transformation needs to be quicker, and he needs faster movement while in tank. He gains wheels and treads, yet his speed doesn’t change.

I also feel tank form should literally make him a ‘tank’ for the 8 sec transformation, i.e., extra armor or health.

Also, tank needs a golden gun.

4 Likes

I forgot about Bastion’s ult and welder not being gold like they should (Like Genji’s dragon blade and short sword) so I added that in at the bottom.

2 Likes

Orisa’s shield melts way too fast against a Bastion. There’s like no point putting one up when Bastion is alive.

Good thing he’s not alive half the time then :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Id still like the Mei treatment, small buffs and fixes and he should be good. With Mei they buffed the Freeze and Ice shots, but minor, and shes been showing up in a few more games and doing well. Shes not a must pick or always good but better. If Bastion can get something like a 5% increase on ironclad or just a little smaller spread on his turret like the OP suggested, that would help a ton. BUT I’m most keen on getting the Configuration: Tank fixed (please)

1 Like

5% increase to Ironclad, 25% smaller spread on Sentry form and a faster reload time to match his reworked transformation speed would make Bastion feel so much less clunky and ineffective. I’m still a fan of reverting Sentry and Tank modes entirely because I think an immobile hero should be accurate and effective at long range, but just those three smaller tweaks would make a world of difference for the Bastion player without a huge change for Bastion’s enemies.

2 Likes

Bastion was too much of a feast or famine character, trading damage for survivability was a net buff that created significant problems for characters like Pharah and Widowmaker to dislodge him. Even if you reverted the changes to Sentry Mode, the issue is he isn’t viable in Recon Mode and will never be a playable character until he is.

Bastion is probably one of the worst characters they’ve created in this game, like up there with Torbjorn and Symmetra, because the only purpose they serve is to grief low skill tiers on ladder with extremely low input for output abilities that are easily hard countered by a counter pick or team co-ordination.

Let Ironsides apply to Recon Mode so that he isn’t a strictly worse Soldier 76 there, or give him another ability only in Recon Mode on his E. I think people who want to buff the turret have the wrong priorities, it won’t do anything to make him playable.

He used to shred Phara super hard though so didn’t this help her? She can stay well out of his effective range and just shoot him.

4 Likes

Pre-rework Bastion both easily countered and was countered by Pharah. From long range, Pharah could have three rockets in the air (enough to kill Bastion) before the first rocket hit, but if Bastion spotted her first he could shoot her down from nearly anywhere on the map before the third rocket hit if she didn’t have cover.

That is why I felt old Bastion was balanced. It was always a matter of who saw who first against nearly every other character in the game. Even Roadhog was almost killable before his hook landed, making Roadhog vs Bastion winnable for the Bastion by dodging the second shot from the hog.

6 Likes

That’s what I miss the most, being able to actually counter tanks instead of the other way around.

4 Likes

From there we can conclude that bastion is not made by General Electric.

Commie Bastion confirmed!

3 Likes

What does this even mean?

Just a humble console player who has recently became a Bastion Main passing through.
Would it be safe to say that Bastion is a character that is underwhelming by himself and overwhelming when he is pocketed?
So just a question to both the experinced bastion mains and the ones who sympathise with him.

As a seoerate note I had the idea of reverting iron clad like many seem to like and giving bastion 400 health (200 normal 200 armour) and making it so Bastion can’t reload in turret form. Forcing him to fight in recon while there is a cool down for his reload.
I know thats a big nerf, so you would need to give him something.

Ok here’s my opinion DekuNut, they need to stop nerfing sentrymode over and over again. They only nerf I’d find acceptable would be to remove ironclad but then revert the rest of the sentry changes too. The majority of Bastion mains I’ve met want a similar change.

This is a thread on this very change I was referring to on the old forums and it had 272 likes and 40 dislikes:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759286904?page=1

Bastion does not need anymore changes that force him into recon more than he has to. He is supposed to be a defender in sentry, not a discount Soldier 76

2 Likes