💙 Bastion mains, it's time to hear your voice once more

It’s hurting me trying to read this…

1 Like

then don’t nvr said u had to read my post

That he does insane damage setup with the right team on many maps? I mean, he’s always been that way. I just challenged the OP that maybe the hero he loves doesn’t match the play style he loves, while plenty of other heroes do.

I think you try to portray bastion as weaker than he is, if OWL teams have trouble taking him out, you can’t just say that he’s weak or everything counters him.

Even saying that he only works in really coordinated comps is not accurate. Teams in silver can easily abuse him and his bunker comps even in solo queue.

Are there problems with Bastion? Yes, of course, I’ll never deny that he needs changes.

But he’s also still very strong and DOES do a lot of damage while not requiring the amount of effort his opposers need to outplay him.

I do think he needs some way of playing more independently, like other dps, but that would require his power to be decreased, I think. I like mowing down people with him VERY MUCH :smiling_imp: but I rarely play him bc I hate being immediately focused and it feels horrible getting gang banged while I can’t do anything but spray and hope :disappointed_relieved:

Not a he…

Also Rocktopus is correct, you’ve gone far off topic.

Hmm… my question to you is, what do you mean by… “Effort” in this context?

I mean, for example, in a silver team, you can’t say a bastion sitting there shooting while the whole enemy team has to focus all their resources to destroying him is equal.

And yes, I know i’m talking about low ranks where people aren’t good, but I bring this up because of a comment above saying he’s not good even in low ranks.

In all honesty i just see in my head a single Hanzo loosely aiming at him and holding the same button he is, and deleting him.

yeah, i’ll agree there, hanzo can take him out easy :rofl:
but, again, in silver, usually the bastion easily takes out the hanzo

there’s a reason why the whole mood of a game changes once the bastion comes out, and why he’s used a lot to cheese wins that would have been losses otherwise

i’m just saying he’s not nearly as weak as you seem to describe him, he needs changes to both his survivability solo and his damage output imo

Oh no, the darkness has reached you too!

1 Like

Honestly I say ‘he’ out of habit, just the nature of the forums.

I’m still not sure how I went off topic though. You are painting Bastion to be some unplayable hero that Blizzard is ignoring when the hero is actually getting more play time than in quite a while.

You cite that you don’t like how Bastion is designed to be reliant on their team, but that’s pretty much his design from the start.

I was simply pointing out if you could love Bastion for what the hero does, and play other heroes who are more designed to be independent if you like that play style you might have a better time.

Well i was only mentioning my personal opinions, though you seem rather caught up on Bastion being a completely team dependent hero… which just doesn’t make much sense.

Do you know any good spots? I like running him on Paris B and Eichenwald.

Any map where the payload is close to spawn like Junkertown or Havana is good.

Well in the corner with Orisa is pretty solid.

Point on A on Numbani using back right right high ground is solid.

There’s more, but these are just ones I’ve watched recently.

1 Like

Alrighty let’s answer some questions here

Definitely things need to change.
Things that need changing:

1. Sentry either doesn’t survive long enough to kill or doesn’t kill fast enough to survive depending on how you want to look at it.
  2. Healing is still somewhat clunky with delays.
  3. Lack of utility that every other dps has.
    All other dps have a way of doing one or more of the following using abilities: burst damage, protecting themselves, moving quickly, or other utility. A couple examples are helix rockets, deflect, or McCree roll. 120 damage on a long cooldown doesn’t sound like much, until it kills you from slightly over half health. Deflect is useful in its high utility and self protection, and even with a low distance McCree’s roll still provides movement to get close for flash (his other utility) and a reload. Bastion lacks all of this. He has no way of getting in or out, no way of dealing burst damage, no way of protecting himself, and no utility. Which brings me to the 4th problem.
  4. No E. Seriously why is there no E? I can’t think of any heroes without one. He lacks what most other heroes have, especially dps, and has an open slot for it.

We’re told Bastion is a siege automaton but what he does is pirateship or bunker with double barriers. There’s not time to “siege” anything with him, especially when he has to go through multiple sets of barriers.

No. Not at all. Shooting big rectangles and slightly curved rectangles and the occasional infinite rectangle for over 10 seconds has got to be the worst job ever. Once you get through the rectangles, if you’re alive, you’re then out of ammo and have had to stare down 6 enemies the whole time. “tank buster” means nothing. “barrier buster” also means nothing now. You do one or the other, and not very effectively.

Not after they nerfed his healing by adding a delay for no good reason. Before someone comes in and says it was a bug fix, I said a good reason. That’s not a good reason. That’s not even a reason. That’s an excuse. It adds a random delay that ruins how you use tankmode and causes problems that shouldn’t be there.

I like playing Bastion over other heroes, but not when I’m playing shoot the rectangles. If I don’t like playing shoot the rectangles and prefer playing Bastion over other heroes, that means I prefer just to not play right now. I get burnt out after a game or two every time I try and come back.

𝓣𝓮𝓻𝓻𝓪𝓷 𝓖𝓾𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓑𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓶𝓪𝓲𝓷
tried to post a gif but level 3 was stolen again

1 Like

But these are overall net buffs, something that in no way should be done to Bastion, especially during this META and even more importantly, his fundamentally flawed design…

A headshot multiplier to his Sentry mode without nerfing that ability’s already ridiculous base damage would be a terrible decision…

An added shield, especially during this Double Shield META is another automatic no… There’s a reason why that part of Bastion 1.0’s kit was rightfully reworked…

And Ironclad getting removed would have been a somewhat decent compensation nerf, if it weren’t for the added 100 armor you also suggested that completely invalidated the nerf.

And finally, the somewhat minor ammo nerf isn’t really going to make the cut either, as Bastion already can just get out and re - enter Sentry mode in order to reload his weapon much faster.

Let Bastion see enemy silhouettes through allies. Heck, let everyone see enemy silhouettes through allies.

Give Bastion the option to have different sensitivities for Recon, Turret and Tank modes.

Since everyone (erroneously) thinks Bastion must have a team built around him let’s buff the LFG while we’re at it. QoL for the LFG

And just for the cherry on top, give Bastion a small knockback while in turret mode. Very similar to Roadhog’s Ult, but only about 20% as knockbacky.

I love bastion.

He is one of my chill heroes, for me to wind down after a long day in comp

But I get shouted at all the time.

If I was to add one thing to bastion, it would be a personal shield as an ability while you were in sentry mode. Can be activated by using R1 (Whatever the key is on PC)

Shield is 200hp

Recharges 20hps (like all shields)

Basyion only has a 180° area to shoot at whilst shield is up, can be put down to allpw bastion to rotate behind him, however the shield will then be on a 2 second cooldown

Shield is the size of what it was on Old Bastion.

The changes he got in early 2018 were a good start, but quickly reverted back to “sit on the paylod” strat. Bastion needs a serious rework and I would almost say they should remove his sentry mode. It’s the only trick in his book and it got way old way fast.

I dunno, maybe move it his ult somehow, where the chaingun moves over his shoulder and shoots by itself for 6-7 seconds and he can move at 75% speed or something for the duration. They could consider bringing back his ult from alpha (the tiny mine drone), only nerf it and make it his other ability. So if you’d walk over it, it shoots a rocket up that does some damage (think Widow Mine from Starcraft 2).

stop spamming the forums with those threads. bastion is a loser