šŸ’™ Bastion mains, it's time to hear your voice once more

Alrighty letā€™s answer some questions here

Definitely things need to change.
Things that need changing:

1. Sentry either doesnā€™t survive long enough to kill or doesnā€™t kill fast enough to survive depending on how you want to look at it.
  2. Healing is still somewhat clunky with delays.
  3. Lack of utility that every other dps has.
    All other dps have a way of doing one or more of the following using abilities: burst damage, protecting themselves, moving quickly, or other utility. A couple examples are helix rockets, deflect, or McCree roll. 120 damage on a long cooldown doesnā€™t sound like much, until it kills you from slightly over half health. Deflect is useful in its high utility and self protection, and even with a low distance McCreeā€™s roll still provides movement to get close for flash (his other utility) and a reload. Bastion lacks all of this. He has no way of getting in or out, no way of dealing burst damage, no way of protecting himself, and no utility. Which brings me to the 4th problem.
  4. No E. Seriously why is there no E? I canā€™t think of any heroes without one. He lacks what most other heroes have, especially dps, and has an open slot for it.

Weā€™re told Bastion is a siege automaton but what he does is pirateship or bunker with double barriers. Thereā€™s not time to ā€œsiegeā€ anything with him, especially when he has to go through multiple sets of barriers.

No. Not at all. Shooting big rectangles and slightly curved rectangles and the occasional infinite rectangle for over 10 seconds has got to be the worst job ever. Once you get through the rectangles, if youā€™re alive, youā€™re then out of ammo and have had to stare down 6 enemies the whole time. ā€œtank busterā€ means nothing. ā€œbarrier busterā€ also means nothing now. You do one or the other, and not very effectively.

Not after they nerfed his healing by adding a delay for no good reason. Before someone comes in and says it was a bug fix, I said a good reason. Thatā€™s not a good reason. Thatā€™s not even a reason. Thatā€™s an excuse. It adds a random delay that ruins how you use tankmode and causes problems that shouldnā€™t be there.

I like playing Bastion over other heroes, but not when Iā€™m playing shoot the rectangles. If I donā€™t like playing shoot the rectangles and prefer playing Bastion over other heroes, that means I prefer just to not play right now. I get burnt out after a game or two every time I try and come back.

š“£š“®š“»š“»š“Ŗš“· š“–š“¾š“Ŗš“»š“­ š“‘š“Ŗš“¼š“½š“²š“øš“· š“¶š“Ŗš“²š“·
tried to post a gif but level 3 was stolen again

1 Like

But these are overall net buffs, something that in no way should be done to Bastion, especially during this META and even more importantly, his fundamentally flawed designā€¦

A headshot multiplier to his Sentry mode without nerfing that abilityā€™s already ridiculous base damage would be a terrible decisionā€¦

An added shield, especially during this Double Shield META is another automatic noā€¦ Thereā€™s a reason why that part of Bastion 1.0ā€™s kit was rightfully reworkedā€¦

And Ironclad getting removed would have been a somewhat decent compensation nerf, if it werenā€™t for the added 100 armor you also suggested that completely invalidated the nerf.

And finally, the somewhat minor ammo nerf isnā€™t really going to make the cut either, as Bastion already can just get out and re - enter Sentry mode in order to reload his weapon much faster.

Let Bastion see enemy silhouettes through allies. Heck, let everyone see enemy silhouettes through allies.

Give Bastion the option to have different sensitivities for Recon, Turret and Tank modes.

Since everyone (erroneously) thinks Bastion must have a team built around him letā€™s buff the LFG while weā€™re at it. QoL for the LFG

And just for the cherry on top, give Bastion a small knockback while in turret mode. Very similar to Roadhogā€™s Ult, but only about 20% as knockbacky.

I love bastion.

He is one of my chill heroes, for me to wind down after a long day in comp

But I get shouted at all the time.

If I was to add one thing to bastion, it would be a personal shield as an ability while you were in sentry mode. Can be activated by using R1 (Whatever the key is on PC)

Shield is 200hp

Recharges 20hps (like all shields)

Basyion only has a 180Ā° area to shoot at whilst shield is up, can be put down to allpw bastion to rotate behind him, however the shield will then be on a 2 second cooldown

Shield is the size of what it was on Old Bastion.

The changes he got in early 2018 were a good start, but quickly reverted back to ā€œsit on the paylodā€ strat. Bastion needs a serious rework and I would almost say they should remove his sentry mode. Itā€™s the only trick in his book and it got way old way fast.

I dunno, maybe move it his ult somehow, where the chaingun moves over his shoulder and shoots by itself for 6-7 seconds and he can move at 75% speed or something for the duration. They could consider bringing back his ult from alpha (the tiny mine drone), only nerf it and make it his other ability. So if youā€™d walk over it, it shoots a rocket up that does some damage (think Widow Mine from Starcraft 2).

stop spamming the forums with those threads. bastion is a loser