Does Bastion need Ironclad anymore?

Dont see double shield not being a thing soon but even if it does go. Bastion was designed in reference to not 2/2/2 compositions. It means Bastion is heavily over tuned

I feel like it’d be cool for him to have to ramp up his gun so he can still do a lot of damage, but not immediately. It at least gives him some sort of method of beating him

The issue is, as soon as he doesn’t have those shields this would make him even more trash than he is now

I think the best they can do is hope Bastion is at a point where he’s not so OP he needs nerfs and not popular enough for people to want him buffed

NO, he is hot garbage except for in this exact meta

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if he lost Ironclad entirely… as long as other changes were made, because Ironclad doesn’t do much of anything in the first place.

2 Likes

It saves him from a tracer pulsebomb and beam dmg

1 Like

Yea… he needs to be a little tankier when in Sentry anyways.

Give him back his teeth with accuracy and headshots and I don’t care about his tankiness

I hope so, but I highly doubt it. The biggest thing that would need to change is Orisa’s ability to hold down a spot. Right now, she’s just the best main tank in the game, and Sigma has only made her stronger. The nerfs to her may not be enough. The buffs to the dive tanks also don’t help in ways that really matter to them in taking down a bunker. The Lucio speed buff may help Rein’s push past shield, but now Roadhog has higher effective DPS, so they’ll be running out of resources faster anyway.

Many people also lose when there isn’t a Bastion but there are double barriers so why is it suddenly a Bastion issue when double barrier continues to do well with or without him?

3 Likes

Ironclad is worthless anyways. I’d be happy if it got removed if it meant he got something else

2 Likes

Oh hey, it you.

Also yea, logic left this place a long time ago.
Bastion needs real changes.

I even made a thread about that.
Another thread.

ANOTHER ONE.

[💙 Bastion mains, it's time to hear your voice once more]

2 Likes

Bastion certainly does not need nerfs as much as he doesn’t need net buffs…

A rework would be the best option, but have fun even bringing that up in front of a Bastion player, no matter how reasonable your suggestions are…

1 Like

you didnt answer the question, of how to beat him with double shield. thx a lot troll.

He’s still one of the worst heroes in the game.

Pros and streamers hate dealing with things they don’t know how to deal with. Pros because things they can’t deal with cost them money, and streamers because getting their butts kicked while they learn what to do doesn’t earn them money. It’s easier for the both of them to just get people like you to QQ for them and get things nerfed.

As for you, learn how to deal with him. Bastion has one of the lowest pick-rates in the game for a reason. He’s all kinds of terrible outside of some very specific situations and team comps.

I mean, it’s double-barrier and he’s not even that highly picked in what should be his meta.

So no. No nerfs for bastion. If anything, buff him more.

“meta shift”

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I don’t see the meta shifting until after the next hero is introduced, and probably won’t really see any major shifts until next year.

That said, I don’t think Bastion should lose Ironclad just yet, as he really does benefit from it even now.

The nerfs to Orissa and Sigma should hopefully make it easier to bust up a Bastion bunker. Sigma’s shield wont regenerate as fast and one more second on Orissa’s CD means you can break her barrier and hopefully get some good damage on Bastion before she can put up another one

I love Bastion, I’d rather he was playable more often.

I just don’t believe a patch with minor balance changes is going to cause a shift… a minor meta tweak is more likely. Probably end up just being something like swapping one of the supports in the meta, that is it.

Yeah, if you have to rely on someone else to function properly, you’re 100% going to suffer most games.

It is a team game, yes, but if you remove too much agency from each player, it just becomes frustrating all around.

That patch doesn’t change much of anything, Sigma is by far and away the best tank in the game so at best we see less Orisa on the maps where her longer cooldown matters.