šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

That feeling when somebody on stream calls you Orisa main instead of bastion main

So long old friendā€¦

4 Likes

Funny how people here think sheā€™s OP.

I donā€™t know what to think of the forums these daysā€¦

4 Likes

now that the game has over 2 years,
every single hero recieved a buff counterring bastion

can we please revert most of bastion nerfs PLS !!!?

3 Likes

Since it has been three entire days since the last message here, and in light of the fact that i intend to go on a genuine hiatus from the game and these forums until something interesting happens upon reaching 15K posts, i figured i would at least make one here to see if i canā€™t have a small conversation about how i feel that Bastionā€™s current state is appalling at best, due to the heroes currently being used to aid in countering the current forming/already formed, meta.

To quote, from somewhere in my thread about said hiatus:

Bastion is literally unplayable on top of all the other tiny nuances and interactions that are all too familiar to a Bastion main.

I currently rest my case, albeit a rather hamfisted one.

2 Likes

Blizzard forgotten about bastion, but you havenā€™t forgotten to bump this dead thread.

2 Likes

The thread dies when i die, and i never intend to.

Itā€™s at 20,000+ posts, itā€™s basically a legend of a topic, and it still needs to be addressed.

Iā€™m leaving this entire game soon to take time off from it and hopefully clear my head of it till i come back, and if iā€™m going to do anything before i do that, itā€™s relight this small small flame. as long as that may last.

4 Likes

I really enjoy your passion :joy:

2 Likes

If iā€™m passionate about anything, itā€™s fixing things that are clearly broken.

And Bastion is clearly broken.

I was playing him recently in deathmatch, andā€¦ i know thatā€™s not the best way to play the game, but it could be argued that 1v1ā€™s are a valuable source for data gathering.

What did i learn?

Sigma is a god and i shouldnā€™t even attempt to run or hide or fight no matter the advantage i have against him.

If i give up my mobility thatā€™s just shooting myself in the foot.

1 Like

Do you play on EU? Me and my friends want to babysit your bastion. We can pocket and shield you from the mean mean sigmas.

1 Like

US, sadly.

Also i donā€™t need shielding since for one, hiatus.
And two, there is nothing that can be done. iā€™m hoping when the next hero is released they will somehow shake things around a little, butā€¦ that doesnā€™t mean Bastion will be able to stand his ground when given the chance.

If youā€™re caught out by a sigma, thatā€™s it. youā€™re dead. and by ā€œcaught outā€ i mean without an entire teamā€™s assistance to fight one hero.

They only remembered long enough to nerf his healing by adding a delay that nobody knew was even supposed to be there.

2 Likes

It not only isnā€™t supposed to be there they knew good and well it would only make Bastion harder to use.

Theyā€™ve even stated that theyā€™re willing to nerf Bastion directly with the Tracer buff.

They donā€™t play the game.

All they do is, they listen to the loudest crying and make it stop with a band aid.

2 Likes

band-aids donā€™t fix bullet holes. Unless theyā€™re bullets from Bastion; those just bounce off peoples heads.

1 Like

Donā€™t remind meā€¦ ;-;

They knowā€¦ they KNOW THIS.

And yes they donā€™t fix it.
Bastion should deal headshot damage, Bastion should heal correctly, and Bastion should be feared.

Sigma stands- Floats there, as if Bastion is less dangerous to him than a god damn Tracer.

AND ITā€™S TRUE.

2 Likes

btw Iā€™m getting closer to figuring out a working headshot program in the workshop. Iā€™m just trying to find a way to get the right made up head hitbox height for all heroes. A general one will be too high or too low on certain heroes so I need it dynamic (Itā€™ll change based on the hero using as little code as possible). I got the actual headshotting part done, itā€™s just the critbox placement Iā€™m having issues with.

2 Likes

Well i would assume itā€™s about 2x the actual head texture, probably.

I say that being generous, since it acts that way in most cases with Tank sized heroes.

I dunno about Bastion or like, Roady or Reinā€¦ but that is hard to even figure out.

1 Like

Itā€™s the height not the size. Everyoneā€™s first person view is lower than their head so I cannot use that, but what I can do is their head hitbox plus a percentage of their height as a Y vector with maybe some special heights for specific heroes. That means thereā€™s a point floating above their first person view, about where their head is, and if itā€™s within a certain dynamic angle on my screen when I hurt them itā€™s a crit. There are inherent issues that cannot be fixed because of the workshop like how if a bullet lands outside of the critzone but Iā€™m still within the angle view that bullet will crit, as well as if Iā€™m looking away from the critbox but still hit it, that wonā€™t crit.

the angle in view code is just the ā€œis in view angleā€ command, the location of the critbox is what itā€™s checking and from event players view is where itā€™s checking, arctan 0.25/distance from event playerā€™s eye position and the critbox location.

It just gets the center angle on my screen that has to be over the new critbox in order for the critbox to be 0.25 meters tall and wide.

Itā€™s just inverse tangent of 0.25 (height of hitbox) divided by the distance from my fpv to the new head hitbox. Trig is useful.

HEIGHT!! Not size.
Dumb fox.

@,@

I donā€™t think i can help you but i would appreciate the code for that when itā€™s done.

1 Like

distance is the adjacent side of a triangle, 0.25 is the opposite side of the triangle/height, and the hypotenuse is unknown/doesnā€™t matter.

0.25=opposite side/height
distance=adjacent side
hypotenuse doesnā€™t matter
theta=the angle coming from my view
arctan=inverse tan
tan(theta)=0.25/distance
theta=arctan(0.25/distance)

so assuming distance is 20 meters just 'cuz then:
theta=arctan(0.25/20)
theta=arctan(0.0125)
theta=0.716159945 degrees

at 20 meters I need to keep the center 0.716159945 degrees of my screen over the new head hitbox in order to crit. Thatā€™s a little over 1/3rd of his minimum spread in sentry.

assuming 5 meters also just 'cuz

theta=arctan(0.25/5)
theta=arctan(0.05)
theta=2.86240523 degrees

at 5 meters the center 2.86240523 degrees need to be on the critbox

assuming 1 meter also just 'cuz then it would be 14.0362435 degrees

as you get closer the angle keeps going up because the head gets closer. Magic.

Is it good or bad that literally the only thing Iā€™ve used trig for after my college trig class was to rebuild headshots for Bastion?

1 Like

Good. Definitely good.

Because i can say without a shadow of a doubt that i donā€™t understand a single thing of any of that.

1 Like