šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Donā€™t take that as me being against headshots though, I do definitely want headshots backā€¦

4 Likes

You actually make a fair point, Bastion is still a stationary target, and removing Ironclad gives him every right to get his 2 degree spread limit back AND 2x headshots back, because being a stationary target is that much of a downside.

Take his 100 ammo too I donā€™t care that much about that either, Iā€™d rather not have my hero be spray and pray, die and switch. But rather more skill requiring, managing that 200 ammo, reload times and all that.

As he used to.

3 Likes

EXACTLY!
(And thanks, btw. lol)

I miss the days when a Bastion VS Tracer 1v1 was a legit matchup of pure skill, mind games, and prediction.

If you let her too close, sheā€™d ult youā€¦ If she messed up, she died.
Period.

End of story.

Unless she gets the drop on you, in a moment where you donā€™t hear/see her, then she had a chance to burst down your head hitbox from behindā€¦

I loved those mind gamesā€¦ Those strategiesā€¦ Those long thought out tacticsā€¦

But now?
Just WM1 At the thing, Blink a couple timesā€¦ Press Q Wheneverā€¦

Or the never failing Triple blink, Q, Rewind.
Used to if i predicted it, i could literally kill her mid air, before she reached me.

It was Beyond Balanced.
Not even kidding.

They were both glass cannons, andā€¦ Had to fight with that in mindā€¦
Now, she can literally just stay near you Whenever and However She wantsā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah that triple blink Q combo helped me stop playing the game at some point too, almost forgot about it.

And I was just thinking, think about how much of a percentage of everyoneā€™s max DPS drops when you consider tracking, missing and human mistakes. Obvious, right? Now meditate on the fact that when fighting a Bastion the damage drop percentages are minimal, meaning that yes he does do 450 DPS and can headshot for 2x, but he canā€™t move, you can, meaning he will most likely miss more than you, then you realize that the DPS numbers are not as different between Bastion and his opponents as you think in some situations.

I donā€™t know, that just hit me. So why would we not vote for 2 degree spread and 2x headshots back again?

1 Like

You make quite the good point.

One must also consider, that when Bastion enters Sentry your gameplay becomes PURELY Aim based.

As inā€¦ Most heroes have to worry about Positioning Constantly And those with better positioning, are usually more impactfulā€¦ Sooā€¦ Why should bastion NOT Be as impactful, when in the AIM ONLY MODE?

Have good aim = Can perform better.

But in Bastionā€™s case, thatā€™s Literally All you have in said mode.
Should it not be as rewarding as playing a fast movement based heroā€¦ to literally ONLY be using your aim, while being unable to Move?

5 Likes

2 degree max, but Iā€™d still like bloom backā€¦ I just really want to copy Hammondā€™s spread onto Bastion, itā€™s so much better, and itā€™s basically the same idea of gun, so it kinda makes senseā€¦ Maybe have it start blooming a little earlier though, I think Hammond starts after 0.5 seconds, but maybe set it to 0.3 for Bastion. That would give him 9 bullets, or 135 base DPS with 1.25 degree spread before he started getting more inaccurate.

1 Like

Exactly my point.

When they added Ironclad they just weakened his one and biggest weakness that was there for a reason, and added that stupid spread to compensate.

1 Like

Yes, I donā€™t see why anyone would be against bloom. Tracking that 0.5 second lower spread window finely would be satisfying as all hell to pull off, especially on those Pharahs.

Edit: I know you suggested 0.3 but 0.5 seems more fitting in my opinion. Do you know how long his old bloom timer was by any chance?

Lotta talk i dont understand but the sombra peeps got SOME of the nerfs reverted on her through persistance. Stay strong robo-sapiens and keep making topics, one day a dev might blink and realize your here and you have problems

9 Likes

This might be the nicest thing an outsider said to us.

6 Likes

Thanks for the pep talk! :smile_cat:
(That really is one of the nicer things that has been said by someone other than us)

I really do hope you are rightā€¦

7 Likes

I still canā€™t post links, yaaaaaaaay.

2 Likes

You can do link.website.com by using ` marks around the link

2 Likes

https://web.archive.org/web/20170211064441/http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Bastion

Did it work?

Edit: Yay! Itā€™s Bastionā€™s wiki page from January 2017. I cried a little.

3 Likes

Yep, now you can just drag that into a new tab and not have to mess with erasing a space and all that nonsenseā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s hilarious how easy it is to bypass that thing.

1 Like

Even that page is wrong about his rate of fireā€¦ unless maybe it used to be 35, and they nerfed it without putting it in a patch note anywhereā€¦

1 Like

Oh my LORD!!! Listen to how much better Bastion sounded before! What the hell is wrong with you Blizzard?

2 Likes

That would be screwed. But right now Iā€™m sure it was a misinformation.

That is a link. o-o

You Just Posted a link.

And yea, Bastion sounded Amazing Beforeā€¦ i thought no one else noticedā€¦
Or i was crazyā€¦

1 Like