šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

#StopWithYourDumbHashtagsTryingToDestroyBastion

He doesnā€™t need a rework, you need to accept Bastion is staying and it not going to be de-facto deleted with a quoteunquote ā€œreworkā€.

The number of reworks Iā€™ve seen which are a blatant and pathetically transparent attempt to delete the hero from the game but just keep his character model to be used in an incredibly vanilla and worthless hero would be hilarious if they werenā€™t presented with such sincerity.

he really needs to change or get reverted when he was before the reworked nerf from almost 2 years now

Which change are you specifically referring to?

Look at all those changes. You canā€™t say ā€œbefore this unspecified changeā€ that could be so many different things no one is going to consider what youā€™re saying if it turns out you actually meant something totally different.

gets no headshot,
becomes a anti-shield
loses his entire purpose
diminushed healthā€¦

thers alot of things from that single rework nerf they did, and even adding up those small fixes to today, its still mehā€¦

1 Like

:musical_note:A game where heroes are left purposefully weak is a bad game :musical_note:

3 Likes

Honestly a 140 fov would be a huge buff for bastion.

Could you please use whole sentences, not just fragments of ideas just listed without you making clear if you are in favour of them or against them.

And while youā€™re at it please state why based on your experience playing as or against Bastion.

What rework?

So far only 2 heroes have been reworked: Torb and Sym.

Bastion hasnā€™t been reworked, but like nearly every other hero in the game he has had the function of his abilities adjusted one way or another.

Yeah but a game where Bastion is viable is worse so Iā€™ll take my chances.

He still kind of viable in soloQ.

Kinda, yeah. Especially with the release of Baptiste into competitive around the corner.

Baptiste kind of counter him I think.

But at the same time he make him stronger, but the problem I have with him is that it punish his flanking/aggressive playstyle when playing against but he encourage passive/afk behind shield playstyle used most of the time by non-bastion players.

His drone is kind of broken but at the same time he is nothing in the meta with that. Also his jump is underrated.

Not for any discernible reason.

You just hate Bastion because heā€™s different. An attitude which - if indulged - would eventually make all the heroes functionally identical with insignificant superficial differences.

Except Iā€™ve never pushed for this and actively encourage unique game design; so how does this logic now apply to me?

Edit: I regret responding.

Oh you go on a forums to say youā€™re glad when a hero isnā€™t viableā€¦ and say you never pushed a hateful attitude towards Bastion?

You are a liar.

If you donā€™t hate bastion because heā€™s different, why do you hate him? And donā€™t try to gaslight us by saying thereā€™s no hate in singsong gloating about lack of viability.

Oh! Are you talking about in that post far back?

I donā€™t. I think heā€™s bad for the game when he is viable.

You think thatā€™s inherently gas-lighting?

Damn, I think you might be the guy I tried to reason with in that old post. If you were, I thought you were maybe trolling then, I think youā€™re definitely trolling now.

So if you want a tip for the troll, bring up what I just said and pass it off like Iā€™m just passing you off as a troll. Which I very much am. :wink:

Thatā€™s hate.

Thatā€™s blatantly hating on the hero, itā€™s undeniably unequivocally excluding him from inclusion in the worse possible way. Youā€™re saying he should only be in the game if he was clearly and objectively a poor hero.

Thatā€™s no attempt to suggest improvements, thatā€™s literally the worst possible stance anyone can take on any hero in the game, ever. In terms of game balance.

And to present it in such misleading way, to pass off your petty unsporting bias as if it is objectively serving commonly agreed goals of the game by saying heā€™s just ā€œbad for the gameā€. Not ā€œI donā€™t like himā€ but ā€œheā€™s bad for what even you, Treb, wantā€.

I think it counts as gaslighting to tell such an obvious lie, such a blatant denial of reality, such a galling self-contradiction.

What.

The.

HELL!?!?!

No, itā€™s the belief a hero is bad for the game.

It isnā€™t inherently gas-lighting so righting off any attempt of argumentation along those lines is a fallacy :frowning:

Okay, this post just makes me think youā€™re trolling even more!

It took you 10 minutes flat to come up with this mess, my dude. Troll guaranteed in any other case!

2 Likes

Why?

Why is Bastion bad?

Without vague generalisations, what is any specific problem? What would be a specific solution? What turns a good game into a bad game by Bastion being viable?

Those are not rhetorical questions. They deserve answers as saying a hero is bad without any reasonā€¦ that leaves only unreasonable motivations such as self-serving biases.

I am very familiar with hateful scapegoating against Bastion, your attitude is not anything new to me that I somehow wonā€™t recognise it. Iā€™ve seen it all before.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate has Little Mac

Youtube results searching for Little Mac shows loads of guides for him in SSBU where they talk of him as a good and viable choice.