šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

It will only takeā€¦ 1652 minutes

1 Like

AHAHAHHH I already play him at a Diamond level.

I donā€™t expect him to be an ez win machine that gets me to top 500, but I do expect that heā€™s a balanced hero who donā€™t get rolled as soon as someone sneezes in his direction.

1 Like

Iā€™m back from my short hiatusā€¦ can somebody fill me in on how utterly unplayable this game is currently if you enjoy this character?

Actually not bad nowadays. Baptiste is really good at keeping Bastion alive.

So whatā€™s the topic of discussion right now?

Bastion, duh

I find Bastion doesnā€™t interact with Baptiste as much as Iā€™d expect.

Bastion is in a tenuously stable state right now because heā€™s equally ignored by the opposing team and your teammates at the same time.

I find I donā€™t use his immortality fields because theyā€™re routinely destroyed so quickly I canā€™t really get there to use it. Theoretically an immortality field can but put on you just as you start taking lethal amounts of damage but teammates tend to ignore Bastion and not appreciate what theyā€™re vulnerable to.

But what I find works a lot is hanging back or setting off to the side shooting into the fight which is swirling around an IF drone. Baptisteā€™s IF is great at making distractions that Bastion can exploit.

Amp Matrix has poor synergy with sentry mode unless the Baptiste is nice enough to deploy it in front of you (donā€™t count on it), you donā€™t want to be redeploying within a big red ā€œshoot meā€ frame. Does have synergy with tank mode for using manoeuvrability to move left to look right through the frame and deal bursts of 410 damage.

PTR be likeā€¦

Bastion:
Literally everyone else: Buffed

5 Likes

Maybe a rework is coming? With this new PTR patch they really seem to be listening to the community.

1 Like

As much as i wish for that to happen, thatā€™d be the day jeff kaplanā€™s home freezes over.

Blizzard HQ is in Irvine CA, so I doubt that happens anytime soon.

Bastion is now a support and also can go invisible so he can ambush his own teammates into healing them.

Ha you got tricked and healed by bastion! What are you gonna do now, cry on forums!?

1 Like
  • Win the match with time to spare
  • Get POTG
  • Get Gold Eliminations

ā€œYou played trash, I told you to switch off Bastion, you didnā€™t even get gold damage.ā€

I have never been treated like this for any other hero nor seen anyone else get that treatment for a hero, why is the so common Iā€™m not even surprised? No one else in the chat objected to this toxicity.

EDIT: Silver damage at the gameā€™s end. Gold damage for parts of the game.

3 Likes

am i alone thinking that baptiste is like a hard counter to bastion ?

In what way do you find heā€™s being hard countered?

Iā€™d say Genji jumping in front of you from outside your FOV while reflecting is way more annoying.

in a way you can see that IF can be put for your entire team to have a easy shot on bastion,
but this goers also on the other side, bastion can get the IF

but what im seeing is 75% of the hero got buffed yet bastion still not being usefull

I find I.F. can make some kills easier as Bastion can kill the ā€œlampā€ (what the kids are calling the Immortality Field generator) quicker than most heroes so I catch enemies out.

They throw down the Lamp, and just as they overextend I destroy it and theyā€™re suddenly left high and dry without the protection they were depending on.

I have seen it be used on a few corners but even then, the system is a liability because itā€™s so easy to lose track of how long 8 seconds is. If the field ends then youā€™ve suddenly gone from ā€œyeah Iā€™m at 20% health, but Iā€™m otherwise invincibleā€ to ā€œoh carpā€¦ Iā€™m at 20% health and now anything can kill meā€.

Thatā€™s the limitation I find, as I go under the lamp, I see my health whittle down down down and it finally gets to 20% (the only point the Lamp would help) and then the lamp times out or is destroyed. The lamp didnā€™t help me at all. And it didnā€™t help who I was shooting at under their lamp.

ult counter ? sgsggsg

:musical_note: A game where Bastion is not viable is a good game. :musical_note:

1 Like

100% agree. #reworkbastion