šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Yup
Also:
-When she puts SuperCharger down, everyone in 10m radius is booped back
-Fortify CD reduced from 10 to 8 sec.
But if we really want make her better then put it in a resource meter like DM.

1 Like

i had so many rein charge at me, retardes, but always managed to kill me with the chargesā€¦

thats not something thats NOT supposed to happenā€¦like mei snipcycle you as bastionā€¦

less ammo, for less randome shooting, and actualy aiming for heads in sentry for headshots,ā€¦who touhg about this stupid idea to take off headshots ? i rather go back to overwatch when it came out, it was FUN, not this cancer with hard counter to hard counter,
it was better when hard counters, where based on SKILLā€¦

ash farms on bastion, sends a 7th player in the game, thats nice
hanzo has bastion minigun on a wooden bow
mei can just snicycle
phara just spamm,
reain just charges

oh and btw, everyone things bastion is bad heroā€¦yet once a bastion is here, its either full counter comp, or all 6 on 1 bastionā€¦

dont forget about the armore nerf from the ult, and the upcoming armore nerfā€¦

faire for bastion player that just recieve a small fix right ?
well they just nerfing him again !

so what is going on ?
they are really joking on us ā€¦

i still see fearless small squiches at 20 metter still engaging me right in the open, yet i only hit a small amout of my shotsā€¦nice dmg bruhā€¦ /S

i just want precision and headshots
or
old bastion with transforming time, and the ironcladā€¦
wasent bastion suposed to be buffed and have more survivability ?

3 Likes

I was first.

Yep, thats why she needs a damage nerf. 85/170 on a HS is just complete overkill.

Yep, and it needs either a damage nerf, reverse falloff added, or itā€™s crits removed.

Meh, the other 2 are far more problematic. Remeber: Bastion isnā€™t a sniper, and thus should not duel at long ranges. Thatā€™s why I want Hanzoā€™s E nerfed, and not his ability to snipe.

Double edge sword. As a Pharah main, her spam does hurt Bastion, but against moving targets mine and several other Pharah mainsā€™s accuracy has actually decreased. Thus it overall hurt her, which became a domino effect on Bastion since everything counters him.

Yep.

Yep, which is why my standing theory is that Bastion will be crippled by it since Bastion only benefits from it because he can do damage to 4 heros, all which are tanks (Rein, Winston, Orisa, Dva), meanwhile heros like Sombra, Reaper, Soldier, Hammond, Orisa, Dva even, all can dish out more damage vs Bastion.

Technically speaking the only 2 changes between him now and him before his rework is that his 2.0 spread is no longer instant, and that he cannot HS anymore. SO while yes, his damage is hurt by no crits, at that range his spread is already doing meh damage.

So even adding back HS, it would be RNG based and thus would be negligible in helping his damage out, at least at that range.

Thus I want 1.5x HS damage this way anyone who gets in his face deserves to melt. However, he will always need to concede against Snipers.

I want his quirks ironed out.

With all this rampant damage, he NEEDS IC when transforming. Now that Armor is getting a sweeping nerf, IC is needed now more than ever. What was once a necessary evil is absolutely mandatory in modern times.

Then his healing needs to be more responsive, and thus the delay and cast time removed or reduced to extremely small numbers.

His ult needs 35% IC back.

And lastly, the core reason why he sucks: His Tank Cannon nor Repair arm is not gold.

Lets me real here, Blizzard threw that out the window the hour 35% IC was on live. Then they just reactivity gutted him and thus IC became moot, completely trashing Bastion.

2 Likes

basicly, lets listen to everyone that hates bastion, instead of listening to the actual bastion players

i rather go with old bastion than a this joke

1 Like

Yes/no.

Old bastion would be annihilated by the current power creep.

You think 70 damage per Hanzo E arrow is bad, 20% IC makes surviving it far better than if he had no IC.

Currently Hanzoā€™s E arrows do 51 damage (70 * .20 = 14 - 56 -5 = 51), when it could be doing 65. Thatā€™s a 14 damage decease, and when putting that into practice this is what it looks like:

W/O IC: 65 + 65 + 65 + 65 + 65 = dead Bastion with only 5 arrows (325 damage)
With IC: 51 + 51 + 51 + 51 + 51 + 51 = 306, however a Bastion can survive this if he is healing himself.

So IC has turned from a plague into a necessary evil. This is why over the past 8 months my view of IC has changed. I used to want it GONE, but now he really cannot afford to live without it

And back to my Hanzo reference, itā€™s his 125 (95 after IC + armor) that cripples Bastion.

So quick tip: If Hanzo starts with his E and you have full health in Sentry, just heal through the arrows and youā€™ll live. Also request that your healers heal you so you donā€™t die after his E ends.

If Hanzo DOES start with a charged arrow, youā€™re either dead or you need to reposition. repositioning means you lose IC, and each E arrow will do 65, over 51, so do you see how Iā€™m advocating for his transformations to have IC?

Itā€™s more like they donā€™t listen to anyone. Why do I say that? Itā€™s because literally EVERY aspect of Reaper has been buffed EXCEPT SHADOWSTEP. Literally the 1 thing that this community agrees on with it needing buffs is COMPLETELY overlooked. But hey, now Reaper will be an F-tier powerhouse. Yay.

So itā€™s not like Blizzard has a vendetta against Bastion, itā€™s just that Blizzard only really cares for a select few heros and the rest is just there to exist.

Iā€™ve had all 3 of my mains gutted.

First Bastion in Feb 2017. Then came Junkrat when he too was overbuffed mid-2017, and THEN gutted because they couldnā€™t nerf his ult charge/rate. THEN came Pharah late last year.

Sure, her spam means the death of Bastion, but literally this week she is sitting right above F-tier. Ashe hard counters her, and Ashe is the reason why 76 is next to her.

So I donā€™t blame you for hating Pharah, but just note that Iā€™ve had a rough time having my 3 mains get nerfed, moreso gutted, meanwhile heros like Hanzo go left unchecked, or how Rein and Ashe have major overkill that needs to be toned back.

2 Likes

yea i know, im just fustrated over this game, and really anoyed

2 Likes

Nerf bastion in machine gun mode, make walking mode more viable by buffing, make the transition quicker and more survivable, howā€™d Iā€™d fix it. Right now itā€™s a one trick pony.

Oh I am too. Iā€™m giving it until the end of OWL Stage 1 and them Iā€™m out. I would say Iā€™m uninstalling, but Iā€™d just reinstall for events in case they became good again.

The fact that you canā€™t refer to it as Sentry means youā€™re whole idea is pointing towards nerfing an already-bad hero. Sorry pal, but thatā€™s just what Iā€™m seeing.

No, because it. Will. Not. Work.

Recon of itā€™s own right is a totally different hero, called Soldier: 76.

Bastion is not a discount 76, nor should he ever be. Making him so would either kill him outright OR make him a more viable pick over Soldier. That solves LITERALLY nothing, because you are just trashing 76 in lieu of Bastion.

These are the ways in which Soldier is superior to Recon:

• Soldier can reset his spread, Bastion cannot.
  • Soldier can heal while firing, Bastion cannot.
  • Soldier has a smaller hitbox than Bastion.
  • Soldier has Helix Rockets for a OOMF, Bastion does not, and Sentry takes too long to deply for it to be used in the same way as his rockets.
  • Soldier has mobility, albeit low compared to any other hero with mobility, meanwhile Bastion has no mobility.
  • Soldier has a higher DPS output than Bastionā€™s recon (171 DPS for Soldier, 160 for Bastion, and mind you Bastion has no way to reset his spread, so his practical DPS sucks even more)

These are the only ways in which Bastion is supperior to 87:

• Higher clip size
  • Healing is not tied to a CD; as in Bastion can heal himself for 75, shoot, and then heal again.

Thatā€™s it. Recon is and never should be better than 76. Sentry is his bread and butter, and while I agree it needs some changes, his Recon should not be the facet for his buffs nor the focal point of his kit.

Thatā€™s not the correct term at all.

1 Like

i rather see a powerfull sentry, than reconā€¦

powerfull yet, frail

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather see a Bastion live long enough for him to do his job, over being a raw DPS hero that breaks whenever Keff Japlan looks his way.

Because with the current power creep, Bastion would need a OHK capability outside of his ult, and we all know this community would flock here to claim that Bastion is OP.

All he needs is minor QoL stuff. Please Blizzard, pleaseā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s broken and extremely annoying under certain circumstances, like a shielded bastion in a capture point. But I donā€™t it may also be because Iā€™m inexperienced and not learned to properly deal with it except for using hard counters such as pharah, junkrat, sombra.

In what way?

Itā€™s designed to be the way it is.

Thatā€™s no reason to nerf it. I can say a Dva comb is extremely annoying, but there is plenty of counterplay to it, thus balance cannot be based off subjectivity.

And that is the byproduct of hero synergy, not Bastion being OP.

I get that it can be oppressive, but like I said above, thatā€™s not because Bastion in of himself is OP.

Itā€™s kinda a weird cycle. Bastion is rarely played, and thus people canā€™t learn to counter him, since heā€™s so scarce.

But counters most certainly do exist.

If a Bastion is camped on point, Hanzo ult or Sombra can dislodge him.

If on a payload, Mei, counter-Bastion, or Junkrat can all work.

4 Likes

im confused on what your saying, in any way, bastion isint as powerful las before, so why even nerf ?

1 Like

Sounds like you had a rough game, I get that. I personally donā€™t like Tracers or Sombras, but I try my best to deal with them the best I can by being weary of potential flanks or being ready to jump to recon.

Getting experience and exposure to having to fight what seems broken can, over time, reveal weaknesses in an opponent. Playing as the character (in this case, playing Bastion) is also a good way to become acquainted with a characters flaws as your lack of experience with the character leaves you more vulnerable than a seasoned main.

In other words, play against or as Bastion so that you have the experience and can learn how to deal with him.

3 Likes

honestly, the longer i play this game, the longer i feel safe fighting bastionā€¦AND THAT NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE

i dont see him as a treath, i just see him as an EASY TARGET,
i dont fear him when i engage him
i dont take mortal damage when he shoots me
i dont runaway when i see him
i dont need a 6 man focus on him to kill him
i dont have a difficulty killing hi meven in MYSTERY HERO

that not bastionā€¦that just a practice target

3 Likes

Mind if i leave this here?

1 Like

h ttps://gfycat.com/LimpingSphericalArrowworm
for peoples wondering why i seperate the H, is becaus it DOES NOT ALLOW ME

ah yes, perfect -_-"

Here you go.

2 Likes

First off, donā€™t separate the H. Just put 4 spaces before the H.

https://www.google.com

Second of all, this is the joyous wonder called the hack speed buff.

Then the devils advocate in me says of you continually turned, you couldā€™ve denied the hack, as in you shot at BOTH SIDES of her.

I support a replacement of IC with generally more armour to make recon relatively more viable, while Bastion can move in recon his hitbox means at many ranges heā€™s in as much need of survivability as in sentry mode. This cuts down on needless complexity of the game which pushes people away from choosing bastion with how IC works and when it is or isnā€™t active.

The game is much purer allowing more iteration on the play, whatā€™s the HP? Itā€™s that, itā€™s the number in the lower left of the screen. Thereā€™s far less reluctance to stop camping and leave a sentry mode as you arenā€™t afraid youā€™re giving up IC just as an arrow or rocket is about to hit you. Something like 350HP with 200 of it being armoured would be good, parity with overloading Torb except reversed proportions are armoured.

But his self-repair will have to be improved to keep up, this will make healing from allies relatively less valuable while maintaining Bastionā€™s self heal viability. It also means thereā€™s less incentive to stay in sentry mode if youā€™re taking fire you think you cannot avoid.

Lack of IC as a passive allows the possibility of another Passive Ability, something that doesnā€™t make bastion too good with shields n heals. Iā€™m spitballing here but something like an audible proximity sensor that detect nearest enemy or ally equally, so itā€™s objectively useless when around allies. Some skill based element like the rate of the ā€œpingsā€ indicate how close anyone is and even exaggerate the doppler effect by having higher pitch if they are approaching, lower pitch if retreating.

This balances out how Bastionā€™s minigun is such a distinctive sound and itā€™s so easy to use headphones to zero in on where he is.

Hitscan with no spread - at all - is a bit much. 45 rounds fired at 4 shots per second would be over 11 seconds of firing before reloading and with 35 damage per shot would deal over 1500 damage. Is that really a proportional way of addressing where Bastion is weak to double his firing time before reload? And make him a full auto sniper?

6 shots per second and 25 damage per shot would still be a nice good ā€œchuggingā€ rate of fire while still seeming like itā€™s firing at the rate of a machine gun yet still giving 33% longer firing time and near identical time-to-kill on 200hp enemies. 4 shots/sec and 35 damage is too similar to Asheā€™s 4 shots/sec and 40 damage, theyā€™re just going to sound too similar or at least invite unhelpful comparisons.

So itā€™s all way easier to get past the Bastion-Hate-Brigade, how about this

Recon

• Fire rate reduced by 25%
  • Damage increased 5
  • Max spread reduced by 0.3 degrees

This is all going to look fine to the Bastion-Haters, objectively the overall DPS is a net nerf they donā€™t know and donā€™t care that Bastionā€™s recon mode has 1.25 degrees spread and this is a really significant improvement, this would be a 75% higher density of fire in max spread.

But reducing sentry gun damage to 12 per bullet is way worse than it seems. It makes shield break take 25% longer, that means rein can walk forward with his shield so much further before charging. Actually, with 150 ammo, itā€™s usually impossible. 150 rounds x 12 damage = 1800 damage. This makes Bastion extremely weak against shield break of both Orisa (2x 900 shields) and Rein.

There is a reason Bastion has 300 ammo and 15 damage per bullet. So he can shield break and then do sufficient damage.

Also with 1.5x headshots, itā€™s only 18 damage per bullet, so headshots only do 20% more damage than before and youā€™re NOT going to be getting 100% headshots. You need more than 50% headshots just to break even. This is an absolute net nerf on the least picked hero in the game.

• Will slide off the payload
  • Cannot be teleported

This is just adding in weird exceptions to the game.

This makes the payload a sliding surface for some heroes and not others. People shouldnā€™t need to read a list of disclaimers full of arbitrary exceptions when they pick up Bastion. Itā€™s a kludge solution. Itā€™s like saying ā€œWinston is too effective against [x-hero]ā€¦ so Winstonā€™s tesla cannon does half damage to that heroā€ thatā€™s not a natural solution to balancing the game. Thatā€™s trying to put your thumb on the scales everywhere you find imbalance.

Youā€™re going to have to find a less arbitrary way to weaken Bastion on the payload and in symm strategies.