šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

He already had his week of terror. Iā€™d like to not go back to those dark times.

This is just a braindump, as I was going to make a post but ran out of time to format it and elaborate. I did some testing and hereā€™s the basics:

I did some testing. Rein will WIN a charge vs Bastion from 14m and closer.

This is important, because it shows how favored the Bastion v Rein matchup is towards Rein.

NOW, hereā€™s the endgame. It takes Bastion 4.4 seconds to destroy Reinā€™s barrier, and when Rein is holding his barrier his movement speed is cut in half from 5.5 m/s down to 2.75 m/s.

This means, Rein can freely travel 12m while his barrier is being broken by a Bastion. This gives Reinā€™s effective range 26m, where he can put his barrier up and walk towards Bastion.

Hereā€™s the biggest kicker, Rein doesnā€™t always have to walk up to Bastion. those 12m allow him to walk off the side, behind the payload, etc.

Now this was testing in a vacuum, where it was only a Rein vs Bastion, and no teammates helping out.

2 Likes

On an upside, I went out and bought 2 Lego sets today: Bastion and Gibraltar (I needed the Pharah minifig lmao).

I can now say that Lego OW is more balanced and fun over the game.

Will post pics when not lazy

1 Like

im thinking macross cannon when you say thatā€¦

4 Likes

young ones take my place, there is no way in hell that iā€™m going to let that happenā€¦ ive enjoyed my 50 plus years of life but iā€™m not obsolete.

3 Likes

If you are over 50 but can still set up a discord server for a bunch of people you met online discussing the balance of a video game character, you have my respect.

3 Likes

If you are over 50 and you managed to survive that long in Australia then You automatically gain my respect.

+ respect

4 Likes

6 Likes

I swear the whole continent wants you deadā€¦ plants, water, wind, everything!

its like: ā€œyou entered a restricted areaā€¦leave immediatelyā€

ā€œYour level is too low for this endgame content, pls form a party before enteringā€

Dont even get me started about the lack of content in most areasā€¦

4 Likes

The only plant i would fear over here is Gympie Gympie, i will let you do the research but at one time both Australia and America looked at weaponizing it.

3 Likes

America weponizes everything :wink:

2 Likes

Discord is just a evolution of the old IRC (Internet relay chat) system of a few decades ago. I started my life with computers when 286 machines were the must have computers for gaming, but i was interested in computers before then unfortunately my income wasnā€™t up to the task of me being able to buy my own machine. and have stayed up to date with things ever since. I would rather be behind a keyboard than at the bowling green fossilising, people of my generation have very little to no idea on how the world has evolved since we were teenagers or how fast.

And Bastion mains are some of the best people out there.

3 Likes

i think im playing ash correctlyā€¦

2 Likes

5 Likes

poor bastion ā€¦

3 Likes

Poor Bastion, the armor nerf will impact him making even more harder to beat a Soldier 76 on a heal station from far away.

3 Likes

Also, now Brig is dead. Reaper is literally a tank-killing machine, but will still lack of an engaging ability. D.va nerf is meh tho.

1 Like

They should make Bastion a 350hp hero for compensate !

1 Like

rip bastion ?
becaus each time bastion gets more and more nerfed

i dint see a buff anywhere in the 2 years

More I play Bastion more I feel when I lose than the enemy team just need to play Hanzo for killing me.

1 Like