šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Interesting and it is something that we never thought about. Hybrid modes would be pretty nice tbh.

1 Like

The death knell of a video game is when itā€™s gameplay becomes stale. Bastion has been stale for a long time, and ironically, heā€™s a robot that literally transforms. Blizzard has the opportunity to inject him with such diversity of gameplay options as to reinvigorate the meta in fresh new ways.

Give Bastion a balanced Tank mode on ability and an Ult that is a combination of his modes and youā€™ll see an overwhelmingly positive response from the dedicated player base.

1 Like

From us yes from a lot of other playerā€¦ I dont think so. They dont want Bastion to be viable.

1 Like

After a thread I was in last night I donā€™t think anyone on these forums is thinking beyond their predetermined narrativeā€¦

Witch one :wink:

It was supposed to be some guys just leaving the forum. It became the only thread to almost get 1,000 posts in 4 hours and get 404d afterwardsā€¦

Wow what was the topic? 1000 posts in ajust a few hoursā€¦ that was a strong debate!

Well, you canā€™t make EVERYBODY happy, but you can try to make the experience of Bastion fans a positive one at least.

But I think that players generally hate Bastion as rule due to the derivative wall of bullets raining down upon them. Itā€™s a low-skill type of death that sends them screaming ā€œOverwatch sucksā€ to the forums.
But if you transform Bastion from a low-skill Hero that just sits-&-sprays into a POTG to a Hero has a kit that can be used to outplay other Heroesā€¦ I think thatā€™ll make a huge difference in peopleā€™s opinion about him.

1 Like

Youā€™ll also see ā€œHIS KIT IS BLOATED!!!11!ā€ even though thatā€™s not an actual argument.

1 Like

I smell dramaā€¦

5 Likes

People donā€™t like it when they have to think to kill Bastion. ā€œDid you walk into him the third time in a row without a proper plan and die? It must be Bastionā€™s fault.ā€ Thatā€™s usually how it goes.

6 Likes

Yup. Had a very angry Sombra message me once after a game, All she would do is invis up to my back, and try to shoot my head hitbox.

Making herself known instantly, and iā€™d 180ā€¦ killing her.
Every damn time.

3 Likes

Does anyone remember Bastion old mine ult?

It was Death Blossom but a mine.

I have totally seen this happen.
But think on this: by giving Bastion a viable 3rd configuration thatā€™s actually FUN would reduce the frequency of stupid players experiencing the pain of their own stupidity via Sentry demise. Bastion and his team wouldnā€™t be so pigeonholed into his present gameplay.

Wins all around. :nerd_face::+1:t3::+1:t3:

As long as we also fix Sentry mode, Iā€™m all for it.

1 Like

Oh theyā€™d just claim his kit is ā€œbloatedā€ and that tank is a sniper.

Anything that they canā€™t stand in front of and spam at without dying, Is a:
ā€œSniper beam insta killā€

ht tps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/403027613125181440/500743440515203102/this_bad_boy.png

Can some with Trust Level 3 post the link please?