šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

There was so much text I couldnt find the reply button.

This university finals essay is very convincing and well researched, and I 100% agree that bastion is in an awful spot rn. BUT I DO NOT want him to turn the meta into 2 orisa bastion bunkers

Do you really think that we want that? We always say this: we dont want him to be GOOD. We want him to be FUN and not TRASH like he is now. Thatā€™s all. Before his rework he was already bad but we loved him. They reworked him and made him worse. And since 20 months he is the worst hero. That a not just ā€œin a bad spotā€. Its the biggest tragedy in OW and besides us none speaks about it.

2 Likes

They should make his sentry mode more viable so hes less bunker downy uno

Old sentry was -33% spread and it could headshot. That is what we want the most.

4 Likes

Sentry mode is in itā€™s principle design to be pure hard area denial or bunkery, it a core element of design for Bastion but for that one absolute Bastion should be poor in every other way. for the last 7000 posts in this thread that i have been apart of everyone has been stating the same thing. Also with our possible changes placed the same faults into our designs.

We just want a little more solo viability and the fun factor back. We donā€™t want to in the Meta but also at the same time not to be considered a troll pick.

2 Likes

The wonderful history of Bastion

• Overwatch is in beta. Bastion has a barrier. Itā€™s not a fun hero to play as since it canā€™t turn beyond 180 degrees. Bastion feels overpowered until you simply walk behind it, where it canā€™t even look at you. It has a huge, obvious critbox at its back, so itā€™s easy to kill if you can get behind it.
  • Overwatch has been released. Bastion can turn 360 degrees, but itā€™s extremely underpowered, yet everyone complains that Bastion is still overpowered.
  • Bastion is buffed. Now, itā€™s actually overpowered, and everybody complains.
  • Bastion is nerfed. Now, itā€™s underpowered again, and everyone complains that itā€™s underpoweredā€”aside from some people, who still think that Bastion is overpowered because they keep walking straight into its line of sight without even trying to counter it.

End of story. Thanks, Blizzard.

5 Likes

As a bastion main THANK YOU FOR THIS POST. I always tell people why i barely play him now, and you summed it up perfectly, i just wanna go back to being labled a ā€œBastion mainā€ and take this mercy label off my chest.

My baby has been neglected and its time to stop :purple_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

A Bastion main and a Mercy main. that takes a level of courage that few have. please take pride in both.

6 Likes

Welcome to the club!

Actually, let me rephrase thatā€¦

Welcome to the cultā€¦

9 Likes

By the feathers!!!

4 Likes

Same story with meā€¦ I was a Bastion ONETRICK at the beginningā€¦

4 Likes

I think it was only 60Ā°, right? I think he could only turn 30Ā° in each directionā€¦ Or maybe it was 60Ā° in each direction for a total of 120Ā°ā€¦ I dunno, I only played the open beta where he was the same as releaseā€¦

Like i do take pride in mercy, but shes basically all i grt to play since bastion got REKT. I have over 200 hours played on bastion, 172 on D.va, and 205 on mercy.

People look at my profile now and are instantly like ā€œwhy are you not or mercy?ā€, or ā€œyoure a mercy main, please switch off D.va/bastionā€
Like dudeā€¦no when i first staryed playing this game in 2016 i one tricked bastion, which then tampered off to enjoying D.va and then mercy.
I really like playing other heros but i bought the game FOR the cute little robot to be fair :confused:

4 Likes

-chanting-
ā€œAll hail Zylbrad !ā€

2 Likes

Same though xD
I miss those days man

2 Likes

The ult sounds like if Torbā€™s turret has wheels. Ha ha ha!

1 Like

We donā€™t dare speak the name of that traitor here.
Or at least Chibi doesnā€™t. -.-

Welcome to the thread by the way! :smiley_cat:

(Iā€™m a bit sarcasticā€¦ donā€™t take it personally)

3 Likes

Personally, Iā€™m for chanting ā€œLetā€™s go Blizzard Merch team!ā€ At least they know Bastionā€™s potential.

3 Likes

looking at the stats ā€œThe last Bastionā€ is still counted as the highest rated short that blizzard has ever made. So it is not surprising that the marketing division is eagerly looking after bastion.

2 Likes

Lol yeah, I guess it kinda does.
But think about it: Blizzard could make the Ult look different depending on the mode Bastion was in when he activated it.

If Bastionā€™s Ulting in Recon mode, his arm would transform into the mini-gun from his Sentry mode.
If Bastionā€™s Ulting in Sentry mode, his lower half would transform into Tank mode.
If Bastionā€™s Ulting in Tank mode, heā€™d get automatic and free self-repair that would be usually prohibited in that mode for the duration of the Ult.

They could even allow for switching between mini-gun or tank cannon with the swap weapon button while Ulting.
Who wouldnā€™t love that? :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

1 Like