šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

:black_heart:

Take this heart because i hate you.

I understand and feel sorry.

1 Like

They managed to create a game with 100 million active players at itā€™s peak. Not exactly bad imo.

Oh noā€¦ What is that heartā€¦ That heart is so uglyā€¦ Itā€™s evilā€¦ WHAT IS UP WITH THAT DAMN HEART MAN?!

I DONā€™T WANT IT.

1 Like

Little known fact, Bastion mains can spit fat raps as fast as baskets of bullets at sombra stealth traps and bouncing junkrats. Heā€™ll lose his hat, really itā€™s sadā€¦ he lacks V.A.T.S, thought he had a jetpackā€¦ cat.

Iā€™llā€¦ see myself out.

Tell me if the thread burns itself to the ground.

2 Likes

ā€œBastion needs an extra 1.5 second transformation time (on top of his 1.5 second transformation time)ā€
ā€œBastion needs more spread because he can outsnipe snipersā€
ā€œBastion should be hard countered by Winstonā€
ā€œBastion has basically no countersā€
ā€œBastion shouldnā€™t be able to counter Pharahā€

FeelsBadManā€¦

4 Likes

Heā€™s really notā€¦ Iā€™m fine with people wanting lower base damage, but not inconsistent base damageā€¦ the standard deviation in that post helps show how inconsistent he isā€¦

1 Like

I definitely wouldnā€™t want to remove the new healing for old Sentry. He felt really clunky to use back then.

I want old Sentry, but making him significantly worse in other aspects isnā€™t really going to help him.

I wouldnā€™t want him to be balanced because he has a lot of damage, but nothing really works wellā€¦

1 Like

I hadnt seen your numbers of Bastion DPS

As a Public Health worker (who uses statistics every day): nice work!

What a shame that most of reworks are based merely of pick rates and subjective impressions, and not of statistics like that.

3 Likes

Well I say it again, we arenā€™t really in a position to cherry pick what we want and donā€™t. We can just take the most valuable route and be content with it.

And keep in mind, Training Dummies are round and have a fatter hitbox than most enemies that Bastion will shoot at that arenā€™t tanks.

True.

All comparisons between heroes should be done in the same circunstances.

Meta changes. Training bots dont.

Bastion is bad either takin in account meta or the training bots.

It is a clamorous thing.

Oh I was just saying that his actual spread stats would be even worse in reality, when shooting anything but tanks.

But yes I agree with you.

I really wish you could change the training botā€™s hitbox to be other heroes that just stand thereā€¦ Then I could test some some other values. I doubt Iā€™d do all of them, but I would so something like Tracer, Mei, Soldier, Zaryaā€¦ Get a pretty decent feel for a bunch of different size characters.

I already said that Bastion is fine because he can hit a Mei wall that is directly before him. No need to buff or rework him. He can destroy Meis ice wall. This is his niche so deal with it!

This annoying Bastions mains. Just cry another 8k posts. He is fine.

2 Likes

I can help you test damage values later today, if you want.

I kinda need the training grounds for the distance markersā€¦ Are there any good flat maps with long range? Maybe Kings row would workā€¦

If the enemy team has a Mei, and that Mei uses walls sometimes, then Bastion is the pick for youā€¦ Literally any other time, nahā€¦

Heā€™s got a niche of a combined, eh, maybe 40 seconds per match IF the enemy team has a Mei

Itā€™s his NICHE so its fine.

1 Like

Bastions damage to Meis ice wall is now higher. That should help him be better at certain situations

1 Like

The long road on the Hollywood attack side is just the perfect place I think, and also, I can help you too.