šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Is thatā€¦a challenge?

2 Likes

Been maining Bastion and Moira in Competitive, at 1804 sr right now, gunning for the sweet 2000 sr!

3 Likes

Hey guy, I have (again) a nice idea for Bastion, but I need to ask you a question.

I try to find the real stat for him, damage outout, heal per second, damages drop, ect.

But I see nothing excepted this :

https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Bastion

https://overwatch.guide/heroes/bastion/

I forgot who it was, maybe it was Grantman, but but they tested it and sentry shoots 30 rps in sentry so the gamepedia one is more accurate.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll do some test with some ppl. But for the damage drop I think this will be more difficult ā€¦

If youā€™re looking for his damage output, Iā€™ve done some tests here. It takes into account his updated damage falloff (this was when that was on PTR).

The damage dropoff numbers on the wiki should be accurate, I donā€™t think thereā€™s any way they could screw that up, itā€™s just math, no testing. Maximum damage falloff is now 50% of the maximum damage, so he would do 7.5 (but I think itā€™s integer division and not rounding, so 7) damage per bullet minimum.

1 Like

Kind of why I play Bastion as a mid range dps, being just behind the tanks but in front of back line healers

Never know that this Is a thingā€¦

But back to the topicā€¦ I still cant understand why EVERYONE gets a rework but Bastion? Nah! Who is Bastion? No oneā€¦

1 Like

Bastion, the Kogā€™Maw of Blizzard. Oh, you have a strong ability that out puts you in a good niche. Better revert and leave him in the gutter. Then in the VERY NEXT SEASON, create a rune that does basically the thing that Kogā€™Maw did before, only better.

For clarification Kogā€™Maw is a champion from League of Legends (MOBA team game), who got a mini rework at the end of season 5. The ability that is in contention is his W which gives him % max health on hit damage and extended auto attack range, however with the mini rework they gave Kogā€™Maw the ability to double his attack speed (which is 5.0 attacks in a second, all other champions cap at 2.5 attacks per second). He was strong for a period of time (partly because he passively was able to attack faster because putting points into the skill meant attacking faster). Then towards the end of season 6 they reverted most of the changes that had been done to Kogā€™Maw with the added nerf that his W now costs mana to cast (remnants of his rework). Now Kogā€™Maw is one of the lower tier champions in his role, he even got kicked out of one of the other roles that he had picked up from the rework (funny enough I mained him in the off role).

So yeah, unpopular champions are always going to be in the gutter of character tier lists. Because companies donā€™t want to have to fix something that doesnā€™t get played, even though they were the ones who nerfed the characters to near unplayable in the first place.

Riot balance the game game around seasons. Then dont want to make a balanced game. They even stated that the changes help the game to shift.

But Blizz trys to balance ALL heroes. And ignored the feedback of the playerbase. Thatā€™s is the problem. I played also LoL back but stoped because I dont like that they change the game from season to season intentionly.

Yeah, Couldnā€™t play my usual junglers after the Jungle changes this season.

Well this hereā€™s a problem, I play Dota 2. We are no longer friends. :laughing:

Just different preference of MOBA. League just happened to be my first F2P I had easy access to. Looking at DotA looked interesting, I just didnā€™t put the time to get into the game.

Yeah Dota basically has a vertical learning curve. You have to memorize the 100+ heroes and items and the names and effects of each ability and what heroes do what stuff and all sorts of information. League has hero rotations right? Dota doesnā€™t have that. All 100+ are available at any time. I have 1873 hours into it and I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a good thing.

They also added a talent system awhile ago so that just made it harder.

Basically I think Dota is much harder to get into because thereā€™s just more stuff involved.

Not all that different from League, I just didnā€™t have time to put into two complex MOBAs without slowing progression into one or the other. I just happened to be playing League, which most of my friends were already in.

There is no Bastion in Dota though ;-;

Oh God LoL and Dota nowā€¦ this thread contains all topicsā€¦ its fascinating! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

TOO LATE YOUā€™VE BEEN SUCKED IN AND YOU CANNOT ESCAPE.

1 Like

tomorrow, Daily Hero Opinion will be on Roadhog :smiley: and if there is enough requests in the Roadhog thread, I will do one on Bastion

Sincerely,
The Brigitte Spaghetti Movement

1 Like

League has a Bastion. We call him Kogā€™Maw, though he is a little different.