Bastion is fine where he is

Just because his pick rate isn’t that high doesn’t mean he’s not cared about. Not many people want to sit stationary and cheese on everything that moves. He has one job, there is no more versatility in his kit, there is no versatility in his kit. He’s a painfully easy character that anyone can play, folks love to complain about Brig but this brain dead bot has been here since day one and all he does is hold a button and decimate defenses.

Could he use a buff? Sure why not, but nothing major seems needed for him.

3 Likes

Make a video of you playing Bastion and press M1 in front of the enemy and let’s see the results.

I’ll wait.

28 Likes

Someone said bastion is actually good…the world really is coming to a end.

16 Likes

Pickrate isn’t the reason he needs buffs… He needs buffs because he’s inconsistent and feels awful to play because of it.

His pickrate can stay where it is, that’s fine… Like you said, not many people like his playstyle… Saying that’s he’s painfully easy isn’t accurate though, as he is probably the most gamesense dependent hero in the game. If you set up in the wrong spot or don’t move at the right time, you’re dead.

6 Likes

You say he is good at his job. What do you think his job is?

8 Likes

O hi, I’m playing bastion. ‘holds down a button’ gets play of the game, most damage and a bunch of medals. He’s easy, too easy even. He’s not a good character period. Tell me, quick, what does he add to the game if he’s fixed… I’ll wait.

He adds a viable character.

10 Likes

What does he add to the game, are you kidding me? Is that what he brings? Then we can just get rid of him, oh look now we have one less nonviable character lol. Sounds to me we can just delete him and it wouldn’t make a difference. His pickrate sucks so if Bastion mains quit… no skin of anyone’s back.

Okay then we can get rid of everything and just keep 2 dps, 2 tanks and 2 healers.

Because everything else is unnecessary.

4 Likes

You’re still stuck in 2016 when everybody was braindead. Time changed, and people awareness aswell… except yours.

9 Likes

He asked for a video, not a hyperbolae.

8 Likes

You contradict yourself in your closing statement. Either Bartion is fine or he is not.

Most decidedly he is not.
Go look at his history of buffs and nerfs.

When the devs upped his sustain, they nerfed his damage. He was too sustainable so they nerfed his sustain.

So much so that his current ult has less sustain than his old version.

And they never readjusted his damage capability.

They still haven’t gotten Recon done right as it is laughably easy to shred him. Recon is still a poor-man’s S76.

They need to adjust the sustain on his ult.
Reduce the spread or return crit damage on turret.

And they need to adjust Recon.
Allow him to use his Self-Repair while in combat at the very least.

Give Recon a E that is like a radar allowing him to have a personal wall hack for 5s with a 10s cool down after it completes.

Hello, I’m sitting in my turret form… In a corner… behind a shield… Yes, I need so much game sense to look forward and shoot whatever moves. Not like other characters require way more… no, no, sitting here I require THE MOST GAME SENSE in the game to play. MAN WHO WOULDA THOUGHT.

Yeeah, I’m just gonna stop there… no sense in feeding any more, there’s no discussion to be had here.

13 Likes

I said he does his job well, he’s fine, he’s okay. He does what he is designed to do. I’m still waiting to hear what he brings to the game no one can’t. He doesn’t change the meta, he’d maybe get more play on defense… once people learn how to beat pirateship that’s out of his deck. I mean, Bastion just sucks as a character, he’s fine, but he’s a crappy character.

You are a troll, I can’t really some this up in any other way.

11 Likes

I don’t have discussions with stumps… Sorry. I mean Bastion mains.Useless players I suppose.

Let me ask you again: What do you think his job is?

2 Likes

Oh yes, I’m a troll because I give my opinion on… A bad character. You don’t have to accept it, but that is my opinion and there’s nothing to really change it. As a character in a FPS he sucks, he is meant to sit there and shoot, he does nothing else. Can you disprove that? Can you, Zenaki, tell me one thing Bastion is supposed to do that does not involve sitting there like a lump on a log and obliterating everyone else.

10 Likes