Bastion is being forgotten

You’d love to be me. All I ever see is Bastion.

It’s because Blizzard didn’t consider a real tank vs their tank. It sucks.

And its extremely hard to get used to shooting Projectile weapons as an ult when you’re used to barraging enemies with bullets

1 Like

Help keep this topic rolling

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve complained about how unintuitive Tank Mode is for Bastion players.

1 Like

Yep, But they probably won’t understand

Why is it unintuitive?

After shooting many bullets during the round, it’s hard to get used to a projectile Ultimate you HAVE to put to good use

1 Like

I’ve never played Bastion in comp even with my team playing around me. I have in qp though, wanted to at least be truthful lol

Dont.

Players will be toxic over the simplest things if you’re Bastion

Unless your team actually knows that just because someone’s Bastion doesn’t mean the team spends no effort

1 Like

I like the idea of scrap, not so much the removing ironclad for another passive but mainly health increase because there are enough heroes to increase hp like that. Maybe if you collect 50 scrap, you are able to place a recon mine or some sort that can either mark an enemy for your sight, or just explode for 125 damage.

Just anything to encourage Recon movement (like switching between modes for a even bigger purpose) will greatly change the way bastion is played, no turtling or protect the president, none of that. And I’m thinking in the mind of blizzard right now. They aren’t the type to revert so maybe if we suggest something for going less for the turtling people o-so-hate or make him more fun for others while being semi decent, more than he is right now.

Give him either Tank mode for E or a utility ability with recon.

3 Likes

Honestly if both are done, I feel that’d be “fine”.

The problem then becomes: Add an Orisa (she was really the biggest problem in regards to Bastion balance with her recharge-while-in-use shield) and a Reinhardt or a D.Va, and that new buffed Bastion will tear teams apart no matter what.

1 Like

Give him back %35 IC in tank form, have the damage reduction start right away, and give him back headshots. Honestly I think that’s all he needs. I pick Bastion once in awhile but like you said TTK is too darn low. Even a completely out of position tank has more than enough time to avoid you or shut you down

1 Like

Daily le bump.

(Lul20)

2 Likes

Bastion needs more damage, not to outlast the opponents. When there are more and more characters in this game who can kill in less than 3 seconds, he needs to compete for the kill space, not the stall space.

#1 would be asking bastions to get themselves killed. It goes completely against his design. If a friendly Torb were allowed to repair him, and give him a bonus, I could see some interesting team synergy happening between the two, but otherwise, this feels like an attempt to make bastion outlast and possibly snowball. The reality is that he would end up losing that armor he picks up for being out of position. 1 headshot will do more damage than armor gained.

#2 Tac visor is an Ult to make burst killing consistent. We already have an ult that accomplishes this. Aim assist misses the point of why bastion is in a bad place. Even the best hit scan players don’t pick him, because he can’t do enough damage to warrant being stuck in place. Bastion needs damage per second buffed.

Like others have said, thanks the suggestions, however I am personally very much against more sustain, and all for the notion of improving Bastion’s Time to Kill. Preferably with decreased spread in sentry, or a higher rate of fire. Utility buffs will only bandage his uselessness and stick him in F-Tier forever for being that slightly annoying thing that you can’t kill easily.

3 Likes

I dont like bastion, but i still miss him

I appreciate your honesy :slight_smile:.

I think maybe the best option would be to give him small buffs, until he is balanced. Like one after another.

I can see Blizzard doing this, like I have said before, just like they are doing with mei.

Exactly. He’s not supposed to outlive them he’s supposed to make them not outlive him.

6 Likes

The problem is if the small buff isn’t enough, well, people will lose their minds anyways but he will also be taken off the list of heroes that need work whether or not it worked.

It’s kind of like the rework. It kind of failed and now about a year later still nothing has happened.

btw I’m pretty sure this is about around the rework anniversary because I remember being happy when I realized you could crit the null sector bomb bots even after they removed head shots…

Well I don’t mean one and done. I mean get a feel for it as they go through. Overtime instead of all at once.

For example, lets say Blizzard wants to give Bastion Headshots, reduced spread, and firig while healing.

First, they give him shooting while healing. We see his usage go up slightly but he is still not quite good. We find find that Bastion is more sustainable but still lacks killing power.

Next, they reduce his spread. They don’t want to fully commit to givng back pre-rework Bastion but want to make him more effective. They find while now he is out of f-tier, he still doesnt feel quite right.

After they have seen sentry is in a decent spot with its spread reduced but no headshots, but recon now seems clunky.

So they change their direction and buff recon more at that point instead of sentry.

Do you see what I mean? I feel like giving everything at once is asking for it to be knee jerk nerfed.

I know what you meant but small tweaks seem to be very far and few between. It could take months or years if we go at the normal pace.

1 Like