Bastion is being forgotten

Old Bastion could do his job before he was focused and destroyed.

Current Bastion can’t do his job quickly enough, and the buffs to Recon Mode only delay the inevitable.

Recon wasn’t viable before, and it still isn’t now. You can’t escape, you can’t duel, you can’t snipe.

4 Likes

Well, he’s the last of the F tier who haven’t been mentioned.

1 Like

The last time I remember being very good with Bastion was when I picked the game and played against new players. Is it bad?

Anyway, I think the problem with his turret mode is that, he just sits here, while the others are running, the game is fast paced, and to me, turret mode is just not suited. What if they make Bastion move while in turret mode, but slowly? Or something else?

Like how Reinhardt and Brigitte slow to a crawl when they put their shields up, or Orisa and D.Va slow when using their primary fire?

Would not actually help!

Recon Mode would become even more worthless, as no one would ever attempt to fight in it. People would stick to Sentry Mode as much as possible for the better gun, when what Bastion really needs is a reason to move MORE rather than less.

Sentry Mode’s problem isn’t that you can’t move, because you can move. By transforming back to Recon Mode.

The problem is that being in Sentry Mode doesn’t sufficiently enable you to do your job without the coordinated assistance of at least two teammates.

The other problem is that being caught alone in Recon Mode by anyone is almost always an inevitable death. There’s not enough room for counterplay because the Rifle still isn’t good enough.

These problems can be solved in various ways. For example, giving Bastion the ability to climb walls, even if only at half the speed of the ninjas and as a cool-down Ability, would better allow him to safely traverse the map in Recon Mode and reach better places to shoot from in Sentry Mode.

1 Like

It is not fast paced in that way. This game has all sorts of different play styles. I think because dive has been good for so long you think Overwatch Is only about movement when it is in fact not. Just movement has been very good the past seasons.

If I were to be honest, I’m really indifferent when it comes to bastion being buffed, but I’m really scared that with the way reworks are being handled, he’d once again become the horror known as Beastion. Some players may have forgotten the days in which the rework broke bastion (PC players especially, as it was hotfixed two days later while console had it for two weeks I believe). But before the toning down nerf given to him placed him in F tier, he really was the king of overwatch. To sum it up, I’m fine with a rework, just don’t break him again.

The problem with the rework was that they wanted to make his sentry viable but with a little less damage, which is perfectly fine. But there were 2 problems, Everyone said the ironclad 35% was too much and they still made it live. The second problem is when they did nerf iron clad, it was by 15%. 15% . And guess what, they didn’t give some damage back to sentry. The rework made a trade off with survivability and damage, makes sense, but with the 15% damage reduction nerf, they needed to up his damage some to account for that. So now he can live a liiitle bit easier, but does no where near the same damage as before. When they were deciding the rework, their balance made sense. Imagine 2 cups with water. One says sentry damage and one says survivability, they poured half of the sentry cup into the almost empty cup of survivability, but the survivability was too much so they poured 40% of it out into nothing. Leaving the sentry cup. the. same.

4 Likes

Bumping :wink:

(20LUL)

1 Like

Wasn’t it suggested that he was being looked at for a rework?

Not as far as I’m aware. If I’m right only Torb, Sym, Hanzo, Mei, and Sombra (lul) were mentioned. Then they buffed Reaper When I don’t think that they mentioned him at all.

But correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Okay, what about a powershot ability, like how Legion has in Titanfall 2? Sentry gives you a projectile mass of bullets that deals high damage and can crit, default bound to E/L2/LB

kinda sorta.

This is what goodfeel was talking about:

3 Likes

Well I guess. I don’t want to get my hopes up only to find out that it’s something else. :stuck_out_tongue:.

Idk if any one has played Mass Effect, but you can change your ammunition to be more effective against shields/armour or other things that I can’t think of off the top of my head.

I think that would be a cool idea.

Bastion is one of my strongest solo queue pocket picks. Right along side my Reaper and Torbjorn. If you play any one of these heroes exclusively, you are definitely screwed. If you know the right place and the right time, you can easily get high win rates. :slight_smile:

I also love them to… I think my favorite heroes are always the screwed ones… any news about our robot friend?

Like all defense heroes they are hard to balance without making them OP.
They only exist strictly to wipe the enemy as quick as possible.

1 Like

except they took more than 2x his damage from sentry so they destroyed any possibility he had of doing that.

4 Likes

He can still wipe just as easy, we both know sitting that gun on a person at a fair range kills them in 1 second. Burns through shields etc.

Not nearly fast enough compared to other heroes WITH mobility. His drawbacks currently in Sentry far outweigh his power.

5 Likes

Who at the same range with body shots kills faster than a bastion? Let’s not forget the basic strat of putting a Shield in front of him, making him a worse threat.
His potential really is why blizzard hesitates with defense heroes. That’s the truth.

1 Like