Bastion is being forgotten

Even people in bronze find it easy to counter him.

2 Likes

I’ve said it before in other threads but a large problem with Bastion is not his toolkit or performance, but the inherent bias against him by players, especially the ones on your team. Teammates will abandon you to fight alone, even if it’s an easy kill. Tanks will hide behind you and healers will refuse to heal you and then complain that you keep dying.

1 Like

Looks like this thread has been brought back from the dead again…
Did they revert Mercy? :thinking:

But real talk, I’ll weigh in.

This is a large problem, But is not in fact his “Only” problem.

As you said, “Teammates will leave you to fight even if it’s an easy kill”

And in that event, Bastion will lose the 1v1 99% of the time.

No hero should require other specific heroes to be played, to have impact when picked.

It’s the same as saying “Soldier is an OP GOD When the whole team pockets him” (True btw, in coordinated teams)

But that wouldn’t directly mean he’s fine on his own.
Soldier 76 only wins most 1v1’s due to tight spread, Mobility (Bastion doesn’t need this, His hitbox is too big for it to matter) And extra burst damage.

Bastion has none of these things, and needs only one.

Burst damage.
Giving up ALL MOBILITY Is supposed to give him the trade off of extremely punishing damage.

(More punishing under 30 meters, and literally nearly impossible to 1v1 at point blank range, or within FIVE METERS)

2 Likes

I agree with some of those points. But my point is that Bastion seems even worse than he actually is largely in part due to teammates purposefully sabotaging the game or refusing to play with you. And I’m not talking about a minority of players here. I’m talking the vast majority of players either actively or subconsciously work against him.

My personal pet peeve is with healers. I’ve gotten dumb responses from healers such as that because Bastion can heal himself, he doesn’t need any heals. Ever. -An Ana as she spams on an already full-health Roadhog teammate that nobody is even shooting at.

A healing received stat would do so much for me.

1 Like

Or … you know… you carry for most of the game, then you make a small mistake, like not seeing this rein flank charging you, and suddenly your dead and the toxic teammates go “SWIIIIITCH BASTION” …“STOOOP THROWING”… and im sure there are reports flying everywhere too… and if you get enough people like that …suddenly blizzards PERFECT - ReportBot™ makes sure you know YOU are the one throwing… even tho you climbed with 80% winrate…

3 Likes

Interesting but I’m betting that the Devs would think that gives too much ability to flame people… :roll_eyes:

Now this is a thread i havent seen in a while…glad ppl carry shovels with them to dig those posts up.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Official Overwatch Forums, circa 1887, colorized:

On this less mentioned day, a single thread was discovered baring an odd inscription:
“Nerf Bastion”

2 Likes

The only buff bastion needs, if any, would be a reduction in the time taken to switch between recon and sentry modes. That’s the only thing about him that MIGHT need looking at.

1 Like

“Now this is a thread I haven’t seen in a long, long time…”

4 Likes

damn the dust in this thread is old, glad to see it back.

3 Likes

I don’t want to sound toxic but it seems like the title is happening again.

3 Likes

Been awhile since iv’e been to the forums but i’d like to throw a Bastion total rework idea into the mix “as long as were spit balling ideas :stuck_out_tongue:. A lot of people have suggested giving him back his pre rework Sentry fire and I’d agree. He just doesn’t chew through stuff like he used to and even with Ironclad he falls pretty fast without a friendly barrier guarding him. He also needs at least some mobility in Sentry mode to be viable. Of course he should still be vulnerable to long range fire and sneaky flankers to balance that out imo. They could change him so he gets back the ability to headshot in Sentry and give him the pre rework spread for it. The time it takes him to transform into Sentry would be reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds. And he would gain the ability to move at 50% movement speed “Reinhardt barrier speed” while in Sentry mode. When transforming into Sentry his bottom half would turn into tank treads with the top being the minigun. When transforming into tank mode he would once again gain an instant extra 150 armor as he did before his last rework. His total health in Sentry and Recon would be converted from 200 health and 100 armor “300 total health” to just 200 armor “200 total health”. He would also gain a frontal 200 health recharging barrier that can block non area damage and debilitating abilities after transforming into Sentry "Sombra’s hack and EMP would still go through it :stuck_out_tongue: ". To balance all that out he would lose Ironclad in all forms and he would be changed to a short to mid range blender by having his Sentry fire do full damage only up to 20 meters. Beyond 20 meters his damage per bullet would be reduced to just 1 “just 60 dps when head shotting long range targets, also another reason to switch back to recon when necessary :stuck_out_tongue: '”. It looks like it would take a huge total rework to make him viable in the higher tiers again. I’m curious if he would need changes this drastic to do it? Thoughts? Any ideas/modifications to this to add?

Love spit balling any and all suggestions :slight_smile:

Hey you want to give that suggestion here:

It’s where most Bastion discussions is happening these days.

2 Likes

Thank’s for the tip DrcClan. Will do.

2 Likes

I’m still annoyed about how nothing has really changed with Bastion. Since his failed rework.

1 Like

Luckily as weve seen with Sym the developers may do more than just one rework on a character if it’s needed and there’s a big enough outcry.

Jeff has said recently that they don’t want to rework anymore characters. Also that they are in “watch mode” in terms of balance. Which is upsetting since a lot of stuff is kind of blatantly unbalanced. At least when it comes down to actually playing as Bastion. Bastion litterally has to live around a shield and the fight at the shield he can barely see anything.

Q:

• Why does storm arrow completely counter Bastion?
  • Why does Genji get to deflect point blank in your face?
  • Why does Brig stun, stun Bastion?
  • Why is Bastion as big as a tank in recon mode?

Reasons:

• They nerfed Brig stun to 5 damage because it completely countered Tracer.
  • Genji deflecting right on top of Bastion prevents him entirely from shooting at different angles. Even if you are not shooting the Genji.
  • It’s 5 damage but it doesn’t make any actual sense. For it to stop you from shooting. Rein’s charge and hooks have a reason.
  • Yeah if you haven’t noticed he’s the biggest dps role character in the game.
2 Likes

ah that sucks :frowning:

1 Like