Bastion is being forgotten

Well I don’t know if it should boost IC while healing I’d just prefer it being a bit more simple as a 20% on sentry 35% on tank normally and not on healing and that’s the end of it or he might become a bit too invincible while healing.

Not boost IC while healing, only have IC while healing… Sentry doesn’t have IC by default anymore, but rather only when healing… Recon gets it while healing too. And revert Tank mode’s armor back too.

I’d prefer just the 20% on sentry and 35% on tank by default otherwise you’re like triple dipping on the base armor bonus armor and ironclad from healing if we did revert how tank gets armor instead of ironclad as well as the 20%, small as it may be, helps sentry a little bit while shooting.

If he can keep his transform time and Ironclad, that’s fine. But I think a 1.5 second transform time might be a bit much with all of the stuns that are now in the game. If he gets interrupted at any point during that cast time, he completely stops transforming. Staying in Recon isn’t always the best option. If you’re fighting a Doomfist, you can’t be punched in Sentry, but you can be pretty easily killed in Recon…

If they also changed his transforms a bit to be consistent with Tank (He instantly transforms if he’s stunned), I’d be fine with 1.5 seconds.

Yea, i would love to see the transformations become consistent… Either stun proof (Just the transformations) Or just instantly transform.

Also, Dooms punch does still stun you in Sentry… It’s kind of extremely annoying. X3

Stuns, but not moves. Which I’m fine with…

1 Like

But this is where I think we might differ, he’s not supposed to be close enough to get stunned while transforming. If you’re that close you should already be planning on using recon.

Speaking of which… I have literally lost every 1v1 with a Doomfist recently… Like, WHO SAID BASTION COUNTERS HIM? LOL

If he gets close, (Which he will, without a way to stop) He can hit you with every single pellet from every single one of his off hand shots…

It’s just like the Doom/Roadhog matchup… Just roady stands a higher chance of surviving… :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I think an unstunnable transformation would be awesome. You still get stunned but you still transform.

3 Likes

I suppose that’s kinda fair, but at the same time, the newer stuns are done from like 5 miles away… Shield bash, rocket punch…

I find myself close to enemies when transforming fairly often. Usually because a Doomfist decides he wants to camp spawn, and my team decides that he should…

1 Like

I can usually kill them, but if I don’t have a healer for his ult (which is 102% guaranteed to be centered on me), I’ll usually die… Sometimes they can kill me though, I’m not sure if a teammate was shooting me from the distance, or what…

1 Like

Yea… in my opinion, if they rush at a transforming Bastion attempting to “Stun” It, they should always 100% Of the time, be met with a Sentry Bastion.
(Aka, instant or stun proof transformations)

That, and if you ARE Face to face with a Sentry Bastion the chances of survival shouldn’t be as high as they are right now… :thinking:

1 Like

On console it’s a bit different i guess… Not only will you catch every single stun, But… If he jumps around you, uppercuts, or otherwise moves in any untrackable way, he literally has the upper hand by that point.

Not only do you lose time to track him, but you lose the Health advantage within seconds.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see it being really different on console… I only really ever played Battlefield 3 on console, and circling enemies isn’t really a thing there, so I haven’t really had to deal with it, but I can definitely see it being much harder…

1 Like

Yup. I literally have learned to just run away from Genjis.

Doesn’t matter if they are literally bronze players, they can kill a Bastion by holding Left, Alt fire, and jump.

Literally never letting go of those buttons.

To date, i’m pretty sure i have literally NEVER Lost to a Bastion, as Genji.

And i mean… NEVER.

Console is Brutal.

2 Likes

Like I said, it’s obnoxious how little effort Genji players have to spend to completely destroy a Bastion.

Is there anyone else countered so hard in this game? Even Winston has more counterplay potential against Bastion.

1 Like

Yup.

I always imagine they think they are Highly skilled players after having held alt fire for two seconds, spamming jump.

1 Like

They don’t even have to do anything if they start Deflect, because they can Tank for someone else who kills you while you don’t dare shoot.

1 Like

Yup. Deflect basically kills you no matter what, because…

• A, You don’t shoot no matter what happens.
  • B, the enemy can now shoot you with ZERO Chance of you shooting back.
  • And C, Your own team will more than likely lay into him with storm arrows and helix rockets, Doing his job for him.
1 Like

I really really hate the ones that deflect offscreen, or way off to the side, and it still manages to deflect even though you’re shooting at someone else entirely… I’ve been shooting a Mercy in the air, and a Genji on the ground was deflecting bullets at me…

1 Like