Bastion is being forgotten

lol. Good one. Oh wait your’e serious?

3 Likes

He apparently doesn’t know about Junkrat, Phara, Widow, or Hanzo…

3 Likes

Only two counters…? Like half the cast counters Bastion… Hanzo, Widow, Pharah, Tracer kinda, Roadhog, D.va kinda, Reaper, Sombra, Junkrat… Probably even more.

If you want to stop pirate ship, the best way to go about it is to fix it’s counters. Fix Sombra, fix Mei… Mei can wall the Bastion up for an easy kill, Sombra can hack him out of Sentry or bust the entire pirate ship with EMP. Zarya can grav them super easy, Hanzo can dragonstrike the cart… There’s lots of ways to combat pirate ship…

If it’s STILL a problem (It wouldn’t be… It died out like a couple weeks after it started), then limit Sentry by disallowing reloading. Then Bastion has to get up stay in Recon mode for a bit if he wants more ammo. Boom, limited Sentry mode without a stupid cooldown or time limit or anything…

2 Likes

Grav+dragonstrike. Sometimes only dragonstrike. If they have a zen, damage boost the Hanzo before he ults. IDK why people haven’t realized this yet but that’s a super hard counter to it.

3 Likes

I kinda mentioned that… I said them separately, but yeah, use them together…

I’d prefer he had an incentive not a punishment to go into recon if that makes sense. Instead of punishing him more than now if he doesn’t, give him something that only adds to it but requires recon.

An idea I had before is to give him a 300 HP frontal shield but it only regens in recon. It takes as long as Brigitte’s to start charging and to finish charging so he has to be in recon to fix it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not saying I want the Sentry reload nerf, just that it’s an option to limit Sentry without a hard time limit or a cooldown. I don’t think he needs it at all, but it’s a lot better than some other suggestions I’ve seen to limit it…

A limit I’d maybe allow would be a return to limited turn distance. Maybe so he could turn 135 degrees to either side meaning there’s a total 90 degrees he can’t see on his back. This would be a big enough limit that he could totally get a massive buff and it would still be balanced.

Oh and it’s not a time based thing either it’s purely a functional limit.

I mean, that one works… It seems like a shield only kinda nerf to me though… It seems kinda strange if he doesn’t have a shield… Maybe that’s just me though.

And I mean, come on, when do you ever actually reload anyway… I normally go into Recon anyway so I can keep shooting while my other gun reloads. Especially if he were to give up Ironclad, or combine it with repair or something…

all the time. Blizz made me do it. They turned him into a franken spray’npray and still not kill anything gun and that’s why they gave him 300 ammo.

2 Likes

I personally am of the belief that a turn limit would only help to limit a players ability, Just like how the removal of headshots has already done for us.

A Hanzo jumps off a roof or whatever behind you with storm arrows up?
And what would you do then?
“Move in time not to be killed?” Lol

I’m completely against the movement limit.
It May Have fit in the original build of the game, where no one actually knew how to play, but it would only render a Bastion just as useless as they are now.

All Bastion needs is basically a Revert by this point… Not just because that’s what i want to see, but because the diverse range of counters kinda forces it.

• Reduced Sentry Spread.
  • 200 Ammo.
  • Headshot multiplier on Sentry.
    That’s it.
    (And other than that, i would even be perfectly fine with the old transformation times coming back.)

If they wanted to go even further than that, one of the best possible most well thought out ideas yet, is the self shield that only repairs in Recon.

Otherwise it’s pretty much unanimous, a Revert is in order.

Your move, Blizzard. We’re all waiting…

2 Likes

If we needed to remove something more than just the ammo buff from before I’d start with the swap speed OR ironclad. The protection ironclad gives, although negligible, is still useful but so is the swap speed. But I think removing the increased swap speed from before would better balance lower spread and headshots so it’s not as easy to just swap in your face and murder you which gives recon a use. If you’re confronted in recon, it’s best to stay recon. If you have time to set up, do it. That sort of thing. This also means we get to not be oneshot by pulse bomb if we still had ironclad. It’d probably have to be changed if we fixed tank too to just be 35% ironclad in tank. It comes down to will people complain about swapping in your face and killing them or him keeping ironclad if he got lower spread and headshots.

Oh yea, i actually forgot to mention throwing ironclad into the deepest pits of hell. :kissing_cat: silly me.

And yea, i can see where the swap speed would anger some people.
(Especially the console plebs)

But i would MUCH Rather have a slower transition, For more and higher skill oriented damage output… Any day.

Do you think old sentry would work with ironclad considering it’s been nerfed so hard already (ironclad that is) if he also had the ammo and swap speed reverted? 20% reduction isn’t all that much but the tiny bit of protection it gives would fix the problem Blizzard originally set out to solve. They gave him ironclad because a lot of the time it was too easy to kill sentry even through the higher damage potential so they wanted to give him a little more survivability but they went nuclear on the change. The tiny bit of survivability it gives, would solve that problem without being overbearing.

Honestly, I think they could have given 20% IC with the rework and changed nothing else about sentry and it would have saved us all some grief and fixed what they thought was a problem.

2 Likes

Yes, actually i do… As much as i would like to see it delivered to Mei, down where she lives…

But yea, Basically exactly what you just said.

My point had been that keeping the faster transition times WITH Everything suggested may make a few people angry is all… lel

1 Like

Yeah I have changed my mind a tiny bit from awhile ago. I think my ideal change for sentry would be to return headshots, spread, bloom, ammo, and the transform speed to what it was, apply ironclad at the beginning of a transformation instead of the end, and give tank 35% ironclad.

This means sentry gets 20% ironclad but other than that it’s old sentry while tank gets back it’s old survivability without any weird bonus armor and damage resist stuff going on it’d just be straight up resist.

1.5 second transform would be a pain but once I transformed I want my enemy to feel pain…

3 Likes

Literally ALL Of my YASSS.
Sorry about that, don’t mind my multiple personalities…

But seriously, No more Losing a 1v1 in TANK MODE, To a Soldier 76, or a TRACER.

I Got ONE CLIPPED By a damage boosted Tracer, in Tank mode recently…
(At least, i’m pretty sure that’s what happened.)

FeelsGREATMan

2 Likes

What type of damage boost was it? Mercy? Nanoboost? Were you discorded?

Pretty sure it was Mercy damage boost, and like… that was it.

All i know is, i wasn’t discorded, and i got ONE Shot off before dying.

I think Ironclad on repair might be a better option. Maybe even bump it back to 35% (Heck, maybe even 50%, though that would probably be a bit much) since it’s only active up to 4 seconds at a time. That gives Sentry the small bit of survivability that was needed, while still allowing the faster transform time and damage buffs…