Bastion is being forgotten

Imo I think putting tank on E is the best option.

1 Like

There are many keys on the keyboard,

imagine all the forms bastion could have!

• By pressing F bastion can now transform into a firetruck and cool down his flaming teammates.

Hmm, this is what this game needs! :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

I would really like to test it out on ptr if its enough.

I dont want to get another scuffed bastion :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you! It would suck if he got the exact same treatment as sombra and as he did before.

Maybe small buffs over time like they did with mei isnt a bad idea either. That way if he gets op they know for sure what is op

Which hero is Bastion again? Is it that the bearded gnome or the French oo-la-la? (Sarcasm)

Personal thoughts on how to help Bastion:

#1 - Get rid of the current passive. Replace with a new passive that when enemies are eliminated Bastion can pick up scrap to gain 25 armor (max 400 HP/Armor). That way Bastion can reap their own rewards continuously instead of relying on a very situational and easily ignored passive.

#2 - Assign an ability that is similar to S76’s Tactical Visor. As a robot it makes sense Bastion has some kind of assisted targeting program. This ability cannot do critical shots (Like Tact Visor). This ability would work in Sentry Form as well, though by placing it on a resource greatly limits the duration.

1 Like

#1 would place him into a frontline where he doesnt belong atm, and giving him more hp would just make pocketing even more annoying.

#2 this is not really needed as we need to bring back skill to the hero instead of toning it down.

But thanks for joining in on topic :smiley:

1 Like

#1 I’d argue that its a risk/reward setup that he presently doesn’t have. If a bastion player picks up bonus armor and the #2 ability to back him up, he can fight on the frontline capably, which is really why he’s not used in any competitive game currently; other characters simply do it better. With the potential of added armor it forces Bastion to be more active and engaging in situations instead of being a stationary, passive threat.

#2 Also doesn’t limit or alter his skillcap at all. If anything having another resource or ability to manage improves the skill ceiling of the hero in general. Bastion is currently one of the most basic heroes overall to play, which is why Bastion is easily countered, and by virtue of this topic forgotten.

1 Like

Quality of life buff:

Bastion has a laser sight that paints the spot he’s shooting.

This lets his teammates know where Bastion is pouring his fire, and thus where they need to shoot if they want to help make things die.

It also gives Bastion more to do by calling team targets.

1 Like

If bastion had his old sentry and current trans time, then setting up for at least one kill would be enough for mobile playstyle, staying in one place for a short time just to deal dmg should be his good side on attack, but with current TTK he can not do that.

1# going out of cover just to grab some armor, hmm…
Lets not forget how you can stack not only armor but shields as well, now place this monster bastion with more than 600hp behind rein and watch the annoyed players from mostly lower ranks go at it on forums.

2# Im not sure if im getting it right, but giving bastion this kind of aimbot ability would make him even more deadly in lower ranks but he would still be not good enough above diamond or even plat.

No need for aimbot ability if your tracking is already good :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

I think 1 could work with some tweaks. It encourages Bastion’s to move. So good idea!

And I’m not sure I understand the point of number 2. Could you elaborate a little more.

All in all though, thank you for sharing your ideas :slight_smile:

We need more ppl on this idea #1, but in my opinion he wouldnt last long enough to even collect his first armor.

• Maybe having an armor gain on E or at least the fortify would’ve been better.

Skill here would be pulling it off in a right moment to protect yourself from danger of burst dmg.

Any skillful things added to bastion are welcome :white_check_mark:

1 Like

You’d love to be me. All I ever see is Bastion.

It’s because Blizzard didn’t consider a real tank vs their tank. It sucks.

And its extremely hard to get used to shooting Projectile weapons as an ult when you’re used to barraging enemies with bullets

1 Like

Help keep this topic rolling

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve complained about how unintuitive Tank Mode is for Bastion players.

1 Like

Yep, But they probably won’t understand

Why is it unintuitive?

After shooting many bullets during the round, it’s hard to get used to a projectile Ultimate you HAVE to put to good use

1 Like

I’ve never played Bastion in comp even with my team playing around me. I have in qp though, wanted to at least be truthful lol