Bastion is being forgotten

Ill bring the internet chips if you bring the internet dip :wink:

But it is still amazing that we are still here, and still trying to get some word of up for the characrer we all enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

THIS NEEDS DA BUMP!
(10 chars)

3 Likes

When you check the thread right as it gets bumped :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Any other fresh ideas?

ammo type change or something.

M61 Vulcan Gatling anyone? :smiley:

Bastion units were used as frontline combatants by the Omnic forces, but honestly, they’re better as mid-line fire-supports.

They have no tools for dealing with opponents face-to-face; all of their tools are better at mid-range or farther.

3 Likes

I think that is a good idea to keep in mind while balancing him in game as well. Instead if him having to be up in the front line like the popular dps these days it would be interesting to see his position be at more of a mid range.

I also thought of giving him a ‘pulse’ ability in sentry as a form of CC in the areas immediately close to him. Like letting out some excess energy almost like the plasma rifle from Doom 2016.

You could make it so Bastion had to walk for so long in Recon to “Charge” it. I don’t know about any numbers for it but I think that would make him less diveable with out changing his effectiveness against Road Hog, Hanzo, or Widow.

Idk Food for thought. Maybe someone can come up with a better idea from this :slight_smile:

Idk if it is even a good idea I just want to bring more ideas to the table :slight_smile:

Exactly.

Blizzard needs to remake the description if it doesn’t match the character

3 Likes

Can’t wait until I see a developer update that says “Hero changes” and has Bastion on the thumbnail.

4 Likes

As much as I like balance, I’d rather bastion wasn’t too viable due to the nature of his kit. He is either overpowered or under-powered and never in between, cause when he is good or even just decent his team builds a bunker around him which is just frustrating to deal with.

Thats why we wanna change him so he isn’t more viable then mid-tier characters like 76/mcree, but not garbage tier.

Thats why we all disscus it and why you are more then welcome (in my opinio, can’t speak for others) to share your concerns or any ideas you might have. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

On the bright side, I guess we’ll be seeing him more with the archives event coming up, but really it’s only going to be on that event (all heroes) and crazy custom games people will make for the event XD

2 Likes

My concerns with him is that he is a stationary character which means that for him to survive he needs either a pocket shield or ridiculous survivability, cause he gets deleted by flankers or long range spam heroes. If he can survive he is too oppressive vs tanks by reducing their effectiveness to 0 by burning through all of their defensive abilities such as shields, bubbles and matrix, which prevents teams being able to push into and take control of an objective at all.

His recon form wont ever be viable as it only has 250hp but is similar in size to most tanks and only medium damage.

I can’t think of a way for him to be useful in some situations as he should be without being obnoxious or frustrating to deal with in his current state with his current set of abilities without pocketing him with an entire team.

When did he have 250 in recon? in beta yeah

He actually has 300hp in recon as well. But I can see your concern, and I can imagine that a similar concern is why Blizzard has taken so long on addressing him.

Alot of the ideas that we have had focus on tying the strength of sentry to recon. (Ex. Personal Shield only charging in recon) So we are trying to come up with ideas yo buff him with out breaking him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“we thought that Bastion needed a nerf…”

I’m afraid to see that.

6 Likes

I would go into my bathroom and cry on the floor if they nerfed him.

That’s like putting more cracks on broken glass

6 Likes

Shield idea is scrapped imo, I guess with this current state of ow, it can be too oppressive for sure. His survivability would be ok right now if he did some slightly more consistent dps for those who could aim. Crits coming back and spread reduce or even giving him a tank on E, but with massive damage nerfs of course. I only say that because people complain with the argument and say “This game is all about mobility not dumb stuff like bastion”. Alright give him tank on E for mobility. 120 damage per shot instead of 205, slower firing. I think someone said its an easy pulse bomb yeah but maybe that separates the skilled people, using transformations when you know tracer isn’t around or such.

3 Likes

It already shoots 1.1 shots per second which is the slowest of the explosive weapons. It does not need slower firing if it’s also getting a damage nerf as an E ability.

We just don’t want people saying its a Pharah 2.0

2 Likes

She also shoots faster. His gun would be arguably better but he’s also way more vulnerable and can only temporarily gain height at the cost of not shooting at the enemy and using up ammo.

1 Like