Bastion is awful

Because it takes him so much longer to get a kill than it did with old Bastion. If he’s damage were more consistent, then the player could get a pick and then move instead of staying in one spot for multiple seconds to actually manage the kill. This is how Bastion used to play before his rework, get a pick, move to another spot, repeat. If you stayed in one spot for too long, you would just die.

Apart from his literal shotgun spread, he’s pretty okay. He could use a few tweaks to Ironclad as well, but his spread is his main problem.

His spread in Sentry mode is literally closer to D.va’s spread in her Mech than it is to Bastion’s own maximum spread in Recon mode…

He is awful mostly but he has a niche, and most importantly players recognise that.

McCree on the other hand is awful, has no niche, and people insist on using him anyway.

1 Like

Remember when Sombra’s “niche” was supposed to be “reconnaissance only”, how people were mad because that’s a dumb job that doesn’t really belong in the game? Well “dedicated shield breaker” is also a pretty dumb role that also doesn’t really belong in the game. Everyone is meant to be a shield breaker, giving someone the job of shield breaker doesn’t make much sense…

He’s not anti-tank, because most tanks counter him pretty well. He doesn’t have enough damage to kill Roadhog when he’s using his E, Reinhardt has a little over 4 seconds to walk up to the Bastion with his shield then pin him, D.va can eat his bullets, Orisa’s can out-damage him with smart use of her shields, Zarya can build charge off of him and then out-damage him… The only tanks he counters are Winston and Hammond…

2 Likes

What if they just made him do extra damage to barriers? Let him be the shield buster.
He would be niche but very good at it barrier heavy teams.
20% extra damage

Because “dedicated barrier breaker” is a useless and very boring job that doesn’t need to be in the game. Just made a post about that if you want to have a look at that, it’s right above your post.

Now if they want to do something along the lines of reducing his base damage slightly, adding headshots, reducing/reverting his spread, and adding bonus damage to barriers, that would be fine. That would make him better at dealing with enemies, though not as well as he could before (which is what they tried to do with his spread increase), but also still good at barrier busting.

1 Like

He’s dead and they didn’t even bother to bury him.

They said Ironclad was named “ironclad” because it was a hint that he was going to meet Torb in the comic, Binary.

They were just talking about why some abilities are called what they are.

The problem is it encourages it and sentry sucks.

Being a shield breaker is fine. Heroes in this game have multiple roles and ways they can be played. If a team is heavily bunkered down you need a way to break the bunker.

As for the tank scenarios you basically listed all unreasonable scenarios. Can any hero kill Hog while he heals without ULTs, stuns or alone?

Reinhardt can “walk up to Bastion”. Ummm…how? Where’s Bastion’s team? Is Bastion just sitting alone against Reinhardt? That’s the Bastion players fault, not the hero.

After DVA uses up matrix she’ll get shredded and the Orisa situation you presented is pretty rare if you ask me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used Bastion to blow through both of her shields and then kill her even with Fortify on.

Zarya can’t out damage him. In fact even with her self barrier on he can shred through the barrier and kill her.

If you wanna make judgements of a hero it’s best to use realistic scenarios and not rare occurrences and hyperboles. I don’t really find any of your examples credible as to why he’s a bad hero right now.

2 Likes

Give him 500 hp to compensate for the lack of mobility. Also, he’s a tank with 300 hp? Plz fix Blizz.

Yeah, he’s fine at what he does. I think a lot of people just don’t recognise when it is a good time to bring him out.

1 Like

Being a shield breaker is fine, being only a shield breaker is not.

Other heroes aren’t meant to be “anti-tank”, and the ones that are can deal with him (Mei, Hanzo, etc…).

Okay, Bastion’s team is shooting too, now he only has 3 seconds instead of a little over 4… an anti-tank hero that needs his team to help him kill a tank is not an anti-tank hero.

Yes, but her team should be shooting the Bastion with her. And if she’s smart about it, then the Bastion doesn’t have the chance to shred her. If she puts her DM on her team instead of flying at the Bastion, then she still eats the bullets, but she’s much safer.

That’s why I said if the Orisa is smart about it. If she uses both shields and fortify optimally, she should be able to easily kill the Bastion. Fortify might not even be needed.

If Zarya shoots him, bubbles when he starts shooting back, and continues shooting him, she’ll win. Especially if the Bastion stops shooting.

Okay, is this credible? It’s a post describing some testing I did on his damage output. This can be taken as about an average case on tanks (the training bot is larger than some, and smaller than others), and a best case scenario against Squishies (the training bot is larger than most all squishies). Also, the training bot doesn’t move,a whereas players will. When have a forced 50% accuracy at just 25 meters, something is wrong with your kit.

3 Likes

He isn’t restricted to shooting shields. He can shoot anything.

1 Like

But he’s not good at it. Again, literal shotgun spread on a stationary hero. What if D.va wasn’t able to move while shooting?

Bastion’s Sentry spread is closer to D.va’s mech spread than it is to Bastion’s Recon mode spread…

1 Like

He’s certainly not bad on it. Like a lot of things in this game, positioning is key. With Bastion especially, you have to be smart about how you deploy him.

2 Likes

Dude we are Bastion Mains… I think we know it better. We know that positioning is key but he is garbage and that for 20 months. Look at the statistics. He is trash and we try to give him a good place again… wait… he was never good… oh… so we try to make him playable again. We should have been the counter to armor, 3xtank and now stun meta. He is not because he is trash.

1 Like

The only way to negate his spread would be to set up right in front of the enemies, which is a guaranteed suicide every time.

What statistics?

Yeah like I said, positioning takes a bit more thought than other heroes. You’re probably not used to it.

Yes? That’s sort of the point. He is easily the highest damage output in the game. He requires team work, in a team work game.

Don’t get me wrong, he is bad, but is core premise isn’t fundamentally flawed just because “I can’t 1v1 in this team game”.

That’s like saying soccer goalies are “under powered because they cannot score goals from that far away”. Different role, different team dynamic. A soccer team wouldn’t work with 11 goalies and no forwards. They work together.

I wouldn’t think that would still be difficult to understand…