Bastion has lost his niche

then you straight up ignore what im saying and then have a conversation by yourselves so technically you’re talking about him for no reason.

Yeah idk why. Like I get hog was changed but i said nothing about him in this post. Lets please talk about Bastions problems though, im not saying Hog hasn’t lost his niche but this is about how there is no reason to play Bastion over other tank busters.

I disagree. I feel like Roadhog can actually tank now, whereas he never could before. He used to be a dps with a large health pool. Now he can body block and heal while moving as well as use damage reduction when he needs to. That’s tank stuff.

1 Like

I have played Bastion for Many hours, Since the Official release of the game, Actually… And Bastion’s main issues are actually LACK Of Dps, As Bastion was originally designed to be Two things, Overall:

A Glass Canon. Super high Dps, With the drawback of being Completely Stationary.

And to fit a Defensive Role.
To actually Deny areas such as Points/Payloads, At least as well as the Other defensive characters.

Currently, A Mei or even Hanzo can output more Reliable Dps, And deny areas MUCH Better than Bastion could ever hope to.

Real Question: Who here played the Original version of Bastion, Before the Failed Rework?

3 Likes

He’s not a tank though. He’s a fat dps, no armor.

and before you go “he’s in the tank category,” just go look at what they’re doing to sym. She’s in the defense category on blizz’s internal testing servers.

So some heroes can be changed to different categories.

He has zero qualities of a tank.
Just cus “Muh heal boost damage defense” idea. Its completely dumb, terrible, and more or less just bad in general.
You wanna “guard your team”, go rein, dont go roadhog where you can be hooked by an other roadhog, or get ult charge grinded by DPS characters. Go rein, and actually outright block the damage so your team can focus them down too.

Infact, simply just go orisa, then you can place down an actual barrier where ever you want, on demand. And you can even use halt, an ability made for blocking damage and CC’s

here is where your logic kind of falls apart

I agree that he has a ton of counters and weaknesses, he also exhibits an abysmal low pick rate but saying he’s the weakest hero in the game is by far a huge mistake, his numbers are the highest in paper, maybe not in execution which is probably what you’re complaining about but asking for a straight up buff for a character that can shred a shield in seconds is simply crazy

I would think it’s best to ask for mechanical changes that allow him to overcome some of his biggest challenges, like for example, allow him to heal while switching stances but most of the time, the best approach is taking something away and adding something else, for example:

Remove the ability to heal yourself with rmb but add burst healing and health regen when switching forms

more then reason enough for us to start up a chat about hog

therefore this is wrong.

Armor is not what makes a tank. The ability consistently absorb large amounts of damage and protect your team is what does that. He has the largest health pool in the game so that he can do that. Instead of armor or shields, he gets more hp.

Hog is an effective and intimidating frontline tank. He can take damage for days, heal while moving, and still reel you in and murder you. He’s all tank.

Yea… No.

Burst healing Sounds Horrible, Actually…

And yes, It’s perfectly FINE To ask for a Direct Buff for Bastion, as Bastion IS Pretty much the easiest character to actually Kill at the moment.

1 Like

If we wasn’t the worst hero in the game right now he wouldn’t have the lowest pickrate in the game. And yes he might have high dps on paper but he’s no invincible. Bastion is immobile in a game where mobility means everything that’s why high mobility heros like Tracer and Genji are consistently the best heros at high ranks. And with Dive becoming even more oppressive Bastion has been reduced to nothing.

1 Like

that’s fine, my suggestion was more of an example than an actual direction I’d consider

A buff however can be interpreted as increasing his damage which is the crazy part, what you’d want though is a change on other areas that help bastion do what he’s supposed to do

which also translate into avoiding making him mobile but giving him the tools to deal with that, more damage is definitely not the answer here, so a straight up buff in offense is crazy :S I would like to read some defensive suggestions for bastion instead

no its not lmao. I was replying to you but you simply kept talking to walking2town, even when they didnt even make a reply yet, you ignored mine to simply wait and respond to them.
lmao.

you’ve just admitted, he’s a front line tank. That means he needs dps. not gimped tier dps with just “lemme run away while healing” tier health boost. Its bad and simply a terrible idea that was created to solely balance out the damage nerf which was the main desire in the first place.
Him being “tanky” now is a complete lie simply used to promote the idea of this kind of roadhog.
And I know armor doesnt make a tank.
Roadhog cant consistently absorb large amounts of damage. He cant. He’s like a brigitte.
Him absorbing “a lot of damage” for his whole team is never gonna happen. Him “blocking pharah’s barage” for his whole team will not happen, lmao. he can pull her down though. but thats what he could already do. As blizz pointed out with brigitte’s shield, she can protect someone with it, just directly immediately behind her. and the likely hood of that happening is near zero, because they’ll just say “gimme that REINHARDT”,

Just gimme that ORISA flying bug shield.

I never said give him a damage buff, in fact i said reduce his damage but also reduce his spread. Bastion needs a way to get out of these situations and to be able to survive while being immobile which is why i think giving him an ability like fortify would make him better.

1 Like

Hey! You’re a Fellow Xbox player! :smile_cat:

We actually play at an Incredibly Similar Rank…

Small world isn’t it :joy:

I don’t understand what you think the role of a tank is, then. Just having a barrier of some kind?

Yeah, he’s a frontline tank. I don’t know why you’d run away while healing, though. You can pretty effectively run AT the enemy while healing because that’s when he’s taking 50% less damage. He can take 900 damage if you count the 300 he’s going to heal and that’s not accounting for the reduction factor. His heal also has a pretty short CD. That’s quite a lot considering that he can keep doing things the whole time and move wherever he wants at full speed while doing it. Rein and Orisa can’t do that. Rein has to keep his barrier up while moving slowly and Orisa can only block one area every 9 seconds.

Unless they have a lot of ranged dps and a discord, he’s going to be pretty effective at absorbing all of the incoming damage.

this is a damage buff…

however, I don’t think fortify is the answer either, considering all the powerful stuff he does, cc is probably the best answer against a bastion, of which the only one that really counters him is sleep dart, everything else requires almost melee range

Fortify also reduces 50% damage taken which admittedly would be too strong considering he has ironclad on top of it, though if ironclad was removed maybe it could be balanced

Lastly Fortify is also a skill that Orisa has and while having the same skill show up on two heroes isn’t particularly bad, it’s simply boring to have 2 characters with different thematic have the same skill

Ya know, even a Damage buff for Bastion wouldn’t be the End of the world.

Even Spamzo- Hanzo, Got an Amazing Damage Buff recently.

It wasn’t Direct, But hanzo can more RELIABLY Output Damage.

I said reduce dmg while also reducing spread? did you read that part? An yes while fortify is on 2 heros it would fit Bastion pretty well. As stated before rein charges are a problem and giving him an ability to counter play it and mei ults would really help him since they’re easy abilities to land on Bastion since he is immobile.

place a hanzo and a bastion side by side and make them both use all of their skills against a shield…

I wonder what kind of Reinhardt charges a bastion and gets away with it… to me all it sounds is that you are not well positioned, but aside from that what you want is to remove all of bastion’s weaknesses just because he’s immobile, without considering that he’s already rewarded greatly because of it

What would be the point of teamwork if bastion could have the highest damage, the ability to survive CC, burst damage and even being dove?