Basic decency regarding Mercy

That doesn’t justify him returning the favor…

I doubt you went through almost 5k posts in less than half an hour. -.- And again, isn’t justification for anything.

alright let’s make a hypothetic case, if they come forth saying: guys, please stop, Mercy is exactly where we want her to be

What will you do?

and in order to be completely transparent I will tell you what I would do if they come forth and say: don’t worry guys, we agree with Titanium and we’ll give her pacify

I would disagree with their decision but as soon as pacify hit the PTR I would jump in and I would start playing with it in order to learn how to use it best. Your turn

1 Like

Some of us are holding out hope. Holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, they will have a change of heart and restore our fallen angel to her former glory. :angel:

And they weren’t showed decency either. Perhaps that’s what went wrong
Also Reaper is literally an RPer Lmao

Like, I can’t believe some of these folk are spared. Like, not naming names but it’s far from one-sided.

But I digress

4 Likes

Anyhoo, can we change the topic now? I really don’t want to get suspended. :weary:

and the opposite doesn’t work either, why do you then chose the negative approach if both yield the same result?

I believe, to make the game more balanced, mass Resurrect should return. After all, it wasn’t reworked for balanced reasons anyway and balance is clearly a concern as of now whenever we talk about Mercy. :smiley:

(With tweaks ofc!)

I think you might be confusing me with someone else. I’m not bombarding you or anyone else. I’m doing my best to put up well reasoned posts that further the debate, and I’m also trying to be respectful to the other side. You’re not being persecuted (at least not by me). You’re being disagreed with.

The reason that people want to post on the game forums is the reasonable belief that this influences the game developers. A visible issue garners attention. This is precisely the reason why you don’t want these posts on the forums.

Also, if people were scared they might change their minds, they wouldn’t be here engaging in debate.

I do a little bit of both. Sometimes I create positive and constructive threads and see them get derailed before dying fairly quickly. Sometimes I create critical threads and see them live on for a long, long time. I am not seeking recognition though in my experience an idea usually has more readers if it starts out critical. That said, I don’t create critical threads to get more reads, I create critical threads when I’m being critical.

Rat main here: I can definitely relate. We get people who think Junkrat should be F tier because they don’t like him, or he’s too easy. You think Mercy is controversial? I have to triple check the OP for any Junkrat discussion I post, have to double check every reply I write.

But we keep rolling. I keep posting. I’m 8000 in and I’m here to ask you how you’d rework Junkrat to make him less oppressive and more skillful? What would you think about moving him to a different role?
I’m over the top and I don’t stop,
I’ve got to rock so my main can pop,
I keep 'em mods cocked but get my threads locked? Nah, I’ll be posting till the day we’re all shocked.
Argue against me and get served,
Get heated, you’ll get swirved,
I’m loaded with memes when they’re deserved,
But I’m serious, the nades need a revert.

I don’t know why I started rhyming but anyway, kill em with kindness.

1 Like

I don’t do Selena Gomez or shows about suicide.

I would reply to the post and say -

Thank you for the great game and all the work and love you put into it. I had a wonderful time playing it since open beta.

I appreciate your honesty in this matter. I don’t however agree with the balance philosophy you’ve chosen for Mercy. While I play other characters, I’ve always enjoyed Mercy the most, up until her recent change. I’ve recently found myself playing the game, and I think it might be best for me to take a break for a while until this issue is sorted out.

wait you think that what is said here influences devs opinions? like for real?

I know they said there were 3 pillars that drove changes and one of those is the community but… you are a bit too hopeful in regards to these forums and their impact on the devs, look we don’t want the spam, that’s all… I personally don’t care if you want Mercy to have mass rez back, I mean I don’t want that but you are entitled to your opinion, we know what your opinion is, there’s no need to spam it

If anyone thinks that devs will one day read a thread and say: “yes, this person is exactly right, I’ll do what he says!” I’m sorry but that person is incredibly naive… what I’ve seen though is that when the “community” comes forth with an idea that aligns with their current thoughts THEN they’ll implement it (mei and reaper have been the only ones in this boat and well… I proposed a nerf to mercy’s healing to 50 hps and they did it even though they didn’t acknowledge it when I wrote it so…)

but that will never happen with your ideas because it’s more than obvious that it’s not in line with theirs… so I don’t know about this spam hostage approach but I don’t think it will yield the results you’re hoping

You just quoted on of her songs. Also, the show was dope. People tend to exaggerate a lot when talking about sensitive topics such as teen suicide. I only linked it cuz you quoted her song and cuz Hannah Baker and me connect on a spiritual level.

Just not for me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Show was awwwwwful. Especially compared to the book. And even then the book was kind of… sensational. Not in the fun way.

I do think community opinions influence the devs. This has happened before, and it will happen again.

I think you’re either confusing me with someone else, or thinking of all Mercy posters as monolith. I don’t want a revert (in fact, I want res removed entirely). I’m also neither spamming nor holding the forum hostage. In fact, no one is holding the forum hostage. People post threads about things that concern them, and reply to the ones they care about. The proliferation of Mercy threads is indicative that people care about the issue. You do to - you’ve been posting in them.

1 Like

Yeah a small price to pay for actually trying to understand where all of this spam comes from…

it does but… not in the way you think, as a community we are a conglomerate and this forum is but a single conglomerate out of severals that composes what is the real community… thank you for not being one of the spammers but you added 3 threads today that talk about the same thing or at least about stuff related to mercy, they could have perfectly been a single thread

Ok, my stand on that is also no, I wanna keep rez but ok

I hate you…

don’t take seriously.