Basic decency regarding Mercy

I find it hilarious that you chose this quote. She’s “fine”. Proceeds to nerf her a few patches later…

Mass Ress Mercy was in the game for longer. :stuck_out_tongue: It is always going to be better. Also, Valkyrie got brought back after two years. There’s still plenty of time.
Oh, and you’re actually losing if you have more casualties. :man_facepalming:

In terms of debating, we are definitely winning.

well debate on buddy, if that makes you feel happy go ahead, I’ll grab my pistol and my staff and I’ll be playing Mercy

I’m the better battle Mercy. You’ll never win. :smiling_imp:

I’ve been preaching “revert the nade nerf” for months, I never start threads “calling out” the devs though. If its natural for you, fight the urge.

It’s not like the devs are going to just leave Mercy like this, she’s certified Best Girl, the OG main healer. It’s the aggressive tactics that keep the devs from communicating.

You want to do a protest? You want to keep everyone’s mind on Mercy? Make a thread asking forum users for ideas to make Mercy more fun, every day. Encourage serious discussion on the issue, try to keep suggestions balanced. Then watch as people who don’t even play Mercy be all like, “how come this isn’t Mercy’s ult?” or “Mercy really ought to have 5 more healing a second.” And watch them be doing that in posts about other heroes, or other topics entirely.

1 Like

I don’t think so. Group 3 sides with neither side of this discussion.

This is a result of her being popular and subject to large changes without much communication. People care about her, and they’re discussing her in the forum that’s meant to contain these discussions.

The discussion has been getting more and more acrimonious on both sides. That’s the reason that Blizzard needs to gather courage and step in. They need to give a clear stance, and clear guidance. Otherwise, this can’t help but continue.

1 Like

Normally it is not natural to me, but today was an exception due to Jeff’s statement.

I don’t know about Reaper (since he was a hardcore RP’er), but I do know that Sprinkles more or less had controversial opinions about Mercy that a lot of pro-Mercy individuals didn’t agree with to the point where he would get falsely flagged at times (something that they have even stated themselves).

I don’t think taking mirth from these types of suspensions (they’re not the only one who’s been victim of this) is cool or funny in any way, shape, or form.

These types of false-flagging suspensions are very petty and only serve to make both sides hate each other even more.

Remember that Titanium fiasco from a few weeks ago? That’s why the devs stay out of this.

1 Like

Not to mention that showing them off like a trophy of war is against CoC. Not very tasteful.

1 Like

No, no, no… Permanent bans are never a result of false flagging. The moderators take time to investigate situations like that throughly. Besides, he was extremely toxic and often resorted to ad hominem whenever proven wrong. Like, he was one of the main people pushing the ‘Mercy cult’ agenda. His ban was 100% justified.

That was such a non-issue, too. Lmao.

you know what these people are completely ignoring because they have no way of actually measuring it other than a few of us coming here and actually saying it?

That people enjoy current Mercy and let me tell you that just as there are very interesting people with interesting points of view regarding Mercy being incredibly different from before the other side of the coin is no better, a revert on Mercy (with or without tweaks) WILL bring a ton more people to the forums and the complains will continue with a totally different tone lol

devs know this and they choose to simply ignore the shallow voices that insult them but it has come to a point where these mercy “players” (some of them don’t even play the game) feel entitled to spam and insult the team and quite a bit of the community

1 Like

Quite literally, was a response to someone claiming that we’re going to get banned for spam. Also, it’s public information. That being said, I’ll delete the replies nonetheless.

People tried that in the past. Well, not new posts every day, but I’ve seen most of the threads which were intended to be constructive get derailed by people who dislike Mercy. The common reply is usually “You just want Mercy to be OP” or “she’s an entry level hero, she should be weak”, or “If you don’t like her, learn a new hero or stop playing”.

There are people who are upset on both sides, and unfortunately that means we don’t get to have much productive discussions anymore. I can’t remember a time on the forums where productive discussions on Mercy haven’t been met with unproductive counters.

2 Likes

Honestly, if that’s what happened to them, discussing it like this isn’t very “basic decency”

And I can think of people on the opposite end who deserve it just as much just based on their rhetoric.

And no, bringing them up as an example isn’t an appropriate reply.

2 Likes

so??? now people can’t have their own opinions? dude this is an open forum if you post something you will get both sides, what if they say that you just want mercy to be OP? do you want her to be OP? NO! then why do you care?

What happened to them? You mean, they got banned for being toxic? Yeah, I mean, I get what you’re saying but they never showed this decency in return. That aside, I understand where you’re coming from. Apologies.

Never said it was.

There’s a ton of debate here about how heated the rhetoric is getting on either side. Both sides are feeling persecuted when they’re merely being disagreed with. That’s precisely my point. The reason the debate is so heated is because there’s so little information to go on and so little guidance on Blizzard’s part.

It doesn’t matter how scared Blizzard is of commenting on this issue. It’s absolutely their duty to do so. They should be as explicit as they can, and be forthright enough to defend their stance.

I don’t know about all that…I’ve seen some nasty personal statements levied towards his direction as well.

And looking through a lot of his posts, I see a lot more nasty responses made towards him rather than the other way around so who knows.

Yeah, that’s the biggest issue I have with all this.

The reply was to Rocktopus who suggested creating a thread asking forum users for ideas to make Mercy more fun, every day. I am not trying to prevent people from having their opinions. I am simply stating that creating a thread asking forum used for ideas to make Mercy fun would quickly derail into heated arguments very quickly, and would not work.