Baptiste is boring

He is the most fun support after Lúcio imo.

Then don’t play him…

To many people, he isn’t boring.

It’s not like there’s many options. Out of the 7 supports he’s very bland.

We need more lively supports with engaging abilities not a flying lamp that loads every 25 seconds. Smh there are workshop modes that fix these problems and they’re a blast to play.

Well he is supposed to be the 76 of Supports. That sort of military type of hero.

It would’ve been cool to have an actual field medic that saves people by using combo’s or abilities but instead we get a disk and burst farts.

Bap was a letdown for me

I’m so sorry you feel that way, Karen, unfortunately the manager is not here to speak with you at this time. I’ll be happy to let the appropriate teams know how you feel about Baptiste. Many things have changed based on customer feedback and your opinion as such a loyal customer is very valuable to us.

Have a great day.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with all of his abilities being boring, but his overall design and skins are very lack luster, I remember seeing a thread a while ago of “which hero do you usually forget exists” or something along these lines, and most people replied with baptiste, which I have to agree with because he’s very bland.

It’s kinda sad how they add all the fun abilities onto dps, while on support they just seem to tick off a list “can heal, check. can save people, check” and so on it goes.

In what regard? A mobile healer with a tethering heal beam?

Not the first healer in a game I’ve crossed that does that.

Maybe the resurrection?

But that’s not “original” either.

2 Likes

I kinda wish they switched his left and right clicks, so he deals damage with grenades, and heals with with his hitscan burst. Obviously the numbers would need massive changes, but would make him more interesting to play.

I have to agree with most of this. I’ve been saying that since his release. His character feels like they took a bunch of abilities that hadn’t worked for other heroes and mashed them together.’

He’s hot

Lt. Morales and Auriel were in HotS before overwatch came out and they say this i…

1 Like

Hell ever play evolve?

Medic in there called Val. Has a “med gun” that connected a green beam to her team mates.

All hunters in that game had jet packs that let them fly and dodge in bursts.

Her secondary put a hit marker on the monster so her team mates could shoot it and she’d augment their damage.

Sound familiar?

Mercy is a basic design that’s been around in numerous games before it with a few tweaks.

No fault of blizzard- it’s very difficult to be genuinely unique in these types of games at this stage of things. For the most part you’re going to do something someone else has done and tweak it to fit your format- especially a basic trope like a heal beam, because it’s been proven to work.

1 Like

Yep, Evolve came before Overwatch and that game had a healer with a targeted heal beam along with a healer that could rez. Hell the beam healer also had the ability to boost their team’s damage. She did that in a very different way, but it was still an element of her kit.

1 Like

Read one post up :joy:

1 Like

Pro tip: you don’t have to play heroes you don’t like playing. :joy:

Opinion. Because bap is my favorite support.

It sank because blizzard butchered the hell out of it. It was a very unique ability that was very helpful.

Do I like an angel of Mercy to you?

I’m sure some players are glad that they introduce another shooter-typed of Support like Ana instead of the ones like Brig & Moira.

Lmao my bad. I just got to your first comment there and immediately Evolve came to mind, guess I should have kept reading before I responded. :sweat_smile:

But yeah true story, I really feel like Overwatch took some elements from Evolve’s hunters. Val was straight up Mercy 1.0 but unlike Mercy she was a badass combat medic.

1 Like