Baptiste - Developer Q&A

How old is Baptiste? When in the history of OW does he join Talon? Like before ow fell a little after? When’s his birthday? Month and day is enough. What’s Baptiste’s favorite food? The tech he uses, is it tech developed by Talon or tech Talon stole/acquired?

10 Likes

They confirmed way back at Blizzcon that we wouldn’t be getting Echo next, so it’s no surprise we’re still waiting to learn about what she’s all about. We’ll find out sometime in the next year and ~eight months, considering she’ll be one of the next five heroes.

2 Likes

How does Baptiste feel about Omnics? Would he happily fight alongside an omnic for the greater good, or would he prefer to see them eradicated?

10 Likes

I assume Mercy is rather famous in all things medicine, what does Baptiste think of her and her work?

27 Likes

Compared to other healers, how do you feel Baptiste will be balanced upon release? His healing output is greater than mercy’s and heals multiple targets, as well as his heal over time and immortality utility. His healing could be comparable to moira’s but with the added utility of immortality field and ranged healing/damage. What do you have in store if you find him too strong/weak to play? I’m sure you have backup patches and adjustments for that

6 Likes

Is, or was, Baptiste part of the Overwatch organisation after leaving Talon?

1 Like

What was the intention of giving Sombra excessive flaws like interrupts and translocator denial? Why aren’t these doctrines practiced on other heroes?

2 Likes

When did you first start developing baptiste?

10 Likes

What is Baptiste’s relationship like with Sombra, seeing as she was the one looked for information about him?

19 Likes

What inspired the decision for Baptiste to be Haitian?

4 Likes

Here’s my question, why bring a new character when Ashe hasn’t even been out for a year?

top or bot? :slight_smile: uwu<3

10 Likes

How long was Baptiste in Talon for? Long enough to work and interact with any of the Hero* Talon Members, and/or to fight against Soldier or Ana?

12 Likes

When will his cosmetics be available on PTR.

10 Likes

Actually hes Haitian, he does speak a French dialect from Haiti (creole is called? I don’t know much about this)

I do wonder how he would interact with Widow, considering they both speak French but with different dialects. Would be interesting

6 Likes

Why do we not have a support hero that has a ‘cleanse’/immunity to status effects as either a brief aura, or chain effect? Zen orb could be dropped, anti could be dropped, stun wouldn’t have effect…
go a step further and have their shift (assuming the cleanse was on e), cleanse enemy of effects as a one shot… it could have the dual-edge nature of even cleansing stuns/sleeps, but mainly about denial.
we need at least ‘rock/paper/scissor’ picks in each category instead of just all rock or all paper. But instead we have checkers vs rock paper scissors - the only way to make sure we are even playing the same game is to have counters to effects actually in place. So my question: Will we get cleanses? Actual Counters? or just more toolbox items for goats?

1 Like

Damn, we’ve got to ask questions about Baptiste?
Alright here’s mine, is Echo the next hero coming after Baptiste? Say yes.

6 Likes

Are you new? They release one new hero approximately every four months. It’s been like this since Ana’s release July 2016.

3 Likes

Will Baptiste be a character in new comic or animated short?

13 Likes

does baptiste have a family? has he interacted with any of the in-game characters other than those involved with talon? lorewise, how did talon react to the news of him leaving?

19 Likes