Baptiste - Developer Q&A

Ok, let’s get this over with. Is he LGBT?

12 Likes

How did Baptiste get his Biotic healing? From Moira because she works for talon??

17 Likes

Oh, I should’ve put context, my bad. I meant how the drone gets destroyed after the player gets Damaged for a D.Va Bomb or etc. I think it should be the opposite, right?

Who’s the leader of the Caribbean Coalition that Baptiste was apart of? How big of a group was this coalition, even?

5 Likes

What was the decision to make “Immortality Field” an ability instead of an Ultimate? With something so powerful as to prevent allies from dying, it feels that it should be an Ultimate.

And on the flip side, Amplification Matrix is very powerful since it doubles damage and healing for friendly projectiles, but I’m not sure if it’s worthy of being an Ultimate since there are plenty of damage amplification sources.

8 Likes

They release three heroes a year (March, July, and November) so this isn’t out of the ordinary. Whether you like it is another thing but yeah Baptiste’s reveal/release is on a schedule.

2 Likes

In an interview with Stylosa, Jeff mentions that the devs wanted a “badass hero” so they made Baptiste although his origin is heartwarming it’s hard to see him as a “badass hero” is there any plans to show us how he’s a badass hero in a comic, an animation, or something in order to prove this statement true?

1 Like

Who made Baptiste’s gear? It looks very much like Zarya’s, which I assume was made by Volskaya Industries.

7 Likes

Did Baptiste have any connections with Moira?

4 Likes

What are Baptiste’s opinion/thoughts on his Talon bosses, Doomfist and Reaper, and co-members Sombra, Moira and Widowmaker? Were they ever in a mission together and how well did that mission go?

And as a victim of the Omnic War, what does he think of Overwatch from the original Strike team, to the Golden Ages and now? Since he defected from Talon, would he consider joining the newly recalled Overwatch group?

PS: Aside from his gameplay, I absolutely love his Origin Story short: the lore, his lines, art and voice acting. Kudos to the Overwatch Team :two_hearts:

20 Likes

Why is Baptiste unable to damage enemies like something of an Ana nade?

1 Like

Why Baptiste can’t heal himself with his grenades? :c

5 Likes

When can we expect baptiste to come out, sorry for my impatience. I love this game! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How much did Baptiste’s hero design change from initial concept to final design? Were there any ideas you had that had to be scrapped?

17 Likes

Did Lúcio’s music influence Baptiste somehow, since they come from a similar area or is their age difference too big for that?

1 Like

Do you think Baptiste will help Soldier 76, Ana, or the Recalled Overwatch agents in taking Talon down? Or is he going to go on his own mission, kind of like Lucio, D.Va or Zarya?

5 Likes

There has been a trend with heroes, supports especially, of putting their most powerful tool in their basic kit, on a long cooldown. This trend has continued with Baptiste, and his Immortality Field.

What are the reasons for making this a basic ability instead of his ultimate, and is there a concern of having too many of these ‘mini’ ults on basic kits in the future?

7 Likes

As it is well known, the current meta primarily revolves around so called “GOATS” composition, as demonstrated by Overwatch League teams during the matchups. Was there any thought behind how the new hero will be able to diversify the play style by making the matchups more exciting and encourage innovation?

1 Like

Through out testing the new heroe Baptist, do you think he will be a replacement support in the GOATS meta on the next patch or be a counter towards goats in a different team compesition?

1 Like

When will his cosmetics go on ptr?

3 Likes