Baptiste - Developer Q&A

How did Baptiste get his name? (Who on the dev team came up with the name?)

26 Likes

Did Baptiste meet some of the other heroes during his life (as a Talon soldier, or not).

19 Likes

Did Baptiste work with any of Talon’s leaders before he defected? Or was he more of a foot soldier? I’m curious to know what Moira, Reaper, Doomfist, and Sombra all have to say about him and vice versa.

21 Likes

Not sure if this counts as a question but, can you give us an idea you had for 1 of his legendary skins?

10 Likes

Baptiste does speak Haïtian Creole/Kreyol but can he also speak French?

9 Likes

Was Amp Matrix and Immortality Field ever in the others spot, Amp Matrix being the E and Immortality Field being his Ult? If yes, why did they get swapped around?

27 Likes
  • Is Baptiste sympathises with other groups? Does he have a chance to be a member of the recalled new Overwatch?

• What was the inspiration of his design?

7 Likes

I don’t see it as broken since it can be destroyed like any other turret in the game

7 Likes

why Baptiste now when we still have many questions about that robot lady Mcree found

4 Likes

Baptiste gay?

O V E R V F I R E TOP

22 Likes

Has Baptiste met any of the other Talon heroes before? He didn’t appear to be a high enough ranking Talon agent (since he had a more standard Talon uniform and helmet) so has he ever seen any of the other members before whether it’s from a mission or in passing?

8 Likes

Which heroes will interact with him? I mean will have a dialogue before the match starts.

9 Likes

if I recall correctly, baptiste is french. does this have some sort of relation towards widowmakers story considering that he was once apart of talon and more than likely spoke to her?

4 Likes

Hi, super excited for Baptiste’s release and how his addition expands the lore

Now that it’s revealed that there was a “Caribbean Coalition” created to fight the Omnic Crisis, I’d like to know how they survived or fought against the Omnics. And how did the countries in the Caribbean worked with eachother to fight? (Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Cuba, D.R., Haiti, etc)

And I personally would like to ask if there will be any more people from these countries represented into he game , like maybe characters in Baptiste’s story arc, or in the history of the Caribbean Coalition.

Thanks!

23 Likes

Exactly what is Baptiste’s background as a medic and how is it that he has access to his medical tech?

12 Likes

As the most recent healer added into the game, where did you look for inspiration into both his kit and his design?

6 Likes

Did baptiste fight against black watch in the Rialto incident?

17 Likes

Baptise 've left Talon. Have Sombra or somebody else from Talon contacted with him after that ?

13 Likes

Is there any connection between the new Havana poster and the release of Baptiste ?

12 Likes

Does baptiste have any affiliation with sombra? Or did he at least hear rumors about her

10 Likes