Agree with this 100%.
I’m currently suspended for “Abusive Chat” until August 30th, and can safely say that it’s an unjust suspension.
- I get false reported for playing Symmetra (I’m a Sym main)
- I get reported when back-talking and defending myself against someone who is already piping up about “no skill”, “bad player”, “gg ez”, etc.
- I’ve been reported for saying “c9”. Kid you not. Someone got offended by me saying “c9”.
- I’ve been reported by enemies before, such as angry Genji mains who get killed by my sentry turrets.
- I’ve been reported for saying something like “why does hanzo have to expletive exist” in match chat, despite it not being even aimed at anyone or insulting anyone’s play at all, it’s literally just a way of venting frustrations
- I’ve been reported before for simply saying something like “X isn’t working, can you switch now”
And like you said, mute and avoid as teammate exist for a reason, yet people don’t use them. It’s always jumping straight to reporting.
The automatic report system is also flawed, as automatic suspensions handed out for a large number of reports aren’t even checked properly and are handed out purely based on “oh you’ve got 100 reports over time, that means you must’ve been toxic, right? there’s no way anyone would ever false report”.
Not to mention the game would be 1000x less frustrating if Blizzard actually addressed issues way faster, such as the countless bugs on heroes (Rein/Road/Doom/Sombra/Sym/etc.) or the heroes who receive reworks and remain borderline busted and meta-defining for literal months (Mercy/Hanzo).
(And of course they keep adding stun abilities and CC, cos we don’t have enough of that already, right?)
Excuse my ranting, but god I just hate how Blizzard is neglecting their game and then blame the players for their frustration so harshly with suspensions, especially considering the report system is automatic and flawed.