Banning by reports is disgusting

You sent a video of random clips of you from multiple, unrelated games as evidence of a person doing “poor teamwork”?

I would agree with your comment, but seeing how toxic this game gets players emotions and also how oppressive their policies are. I can’t agree with your comment. Too many abuse it for laughs or because they’re flustered.

How do you know other people’s per map winrates?

Statistically, Torbjorn isn’t good at all on control maps for my example. It is very clear why, as well.

With specific people’s win rates, I would check their profiles to see what their win rates are. If they’re like +40%, give them a chance. Anything under? I would simply ask them if they could switch. Now, we don’t have that utility anymore. People who harassed others for it, ruined it for those who use it properly.

Statistically, across all players, perhaps.

Sometimes you’ll have someone on your team, who is, believe it or not actually most successful as torb, on all map types, specifically KOTH and payload attack.

But instead of trusting your teammates and giving them a chance, you choose to become tilted, and throw the match and/or report them.

Edit: if you’re checking profiles, and asking nicely with actual basis, that’s fine. But if I disagree with your assessment, you’ll have to live with that.

1 Like

No, in general, he is considered not good on control based maps. Just because some players can play him well, doesn’t mean he as a character is inherently good on them. That is my point.

Refer to last comment.

I just said I give them a chance if they’re +40%. That’s a low win rate. I am all for giving people a shot, don’t get me wrong, but if someone has a 30% win rate on Torb and a 55% win rate on Genji, I’m going to ask to see if they can play Genji.

I don’t. It’s annoying, but I’m not going to harass the player.

The only time I probably threw a match, it was in QP and I was… ahem under adult drink influence… But it started it!
No, but seriously, I have never thrown a legitimate match. That’s childish.

Not all of the time, really. I do believe that it should be a reportable offense, though.

There is nothing wrong with that, no. You’re allowed to assess and you should have the right to continue to assess, but that ability was taken away.

If I say that playing Torb on control map might not be a good idea, and you continue to play him, which costs us lets say a round, then it should be considered soft throwing. I understand you could be good, but if you’re doing nothing for the team after one round, still refuse to switch because you like Torb, then it should be a reportable offense for soft throwing. If I’m playing a hero like Genji and I am doing bad after a round, I switch it up because I know it isn’t working for me, nor is it working for my team. Apply this to Comp only, of course.

1 Like

Dude, I am sorry to say this but if you are receiving 40 reports per month, I think that the issue probably lies with you; not the system and not the people who are reporting you.

2 Likes

Now see here’s the thing.
I’ll have people threaten reports for when I play torb.
60% wr, and I don’t pick him situationally.

On the otherhand, I have a 30ish% wr on zarya, I am a terrible zarya. But if I pick her, because others have looked at their own ability, and the abilities of players that aren’t me, I don’t get threatened with a report.

I’m not denying that it happens. It does, and I understand that it sucks a whole bunch.

People who report based on hero selection alone. Heck even people who blame losses on it in and of itself. They, like yourself, are a reason I cannot enjoy playing heroes I’m good at. It’s the reason I instead, must only ever play arcade and qp. It’s the reason, due to this exile, that even in qp I need to defend my choice to try my best to win given my own personal statistics.

I really shouldn’t have to justify my hero choice under threat of report or ban every. Single. Match.

1 Like

If you’re playing Torb and have a 60% win rate, by all means, play him. I would personally give you a chance because you have such a high win rate.

If I saw you playing Zarya with a 30% win rate, I would ask you if you could play another hero to maybe strengthen the team. I understand that meta is a good way to strengthen a win, but if meta fails in the equation, you should always go off of your best heroes.

2 Likes

or the players that have emotional problems. You think I can trust an oppressive policy when emotional players going to abuse because they did not win the match or wanted a specific individual to swap thinking the outcome would be better, but it didn’t? Yeah sorry I can’t.

3 Likes

Explain to me how any of their policies are oppressive. Please, do so.

Sure, I totally understand that. However, if What the OP said is accurate and that is 40 reports monthly, something is wrong. Think about it, dude.

1 Like

Players who perform bad in matches or happens to be one trick can get a ban. Calling a player a cry baby when they cannot accept a lost grants you a ban. Yes that happened to me because I played as Bridgette.

All you need is a premade group that dislikes your performance or anything around that to get a ban. What makes it even more oppressive is that your appeals are ignored even though you’re in the right. I had this same experience in Hots, but guess what? Hots accepted my appeal because they know players can get emotional especially in pvp games.

I don’t need to think when you have to deal with a lot of emotional players on a daily basis because they don’t like your performance and did not win.

2 Likes

You cannot get banned for being one trick outside of the automated system. Plain and simple.

I hate to sound like a righteous parent but if a lot of people are raging on you because they did not win because of you, maybe some self reflection and less stubbornness is needed?

Sorry to break your bubble, but you can. You can get a suspension out of it too. Players will report for anything they dislike. I’m not blind to unfair ruling which this game provides.

You see how you responded in that manner? That’s how players get flustered and start reporting. If anything you just promoted more toxicity.

That’s how crazy this game can get when players dislike certain stuff and abuse the system.

1 Like

I just love this argument against direct Blizzard quotes.

Everyone: You got what you deserve you filthy one trick!
Blizzard: Hey guys! We don’t ban players for one tricking even though we do…

@OP, I’d recommend privating your profile. Players will continue to do this kind of teardown on most of your arguments until you hide it and they look at your actual argument instead of the hero you play.

6 Likes

Players like those abuses the system. They fail to realize they’re making the game even worst especially for new players.

1 Like