Banning by reports is disgusting

Sounds like you play competitive mode in a team-based game and only play heroes that don’t really help your team very much.

2 Likes

Anybody who only plays both Torb and Sym is trying to get reported. Had OP been a one trick one or the other then so be it but only playing both? Yeah, he’s trolling his teams knowing full well what he is doing.

If you knowingly are picking it and not really helping your team then it’s more about you not caring about 5 other peoples experience in the game and only worrying about yourself.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen anyone get a ban for playing heroes and i play a ton.

It’s more likely you were rude to people and got a ban for it but don’t want to admit it.

2 Likes

I thought sym was fixed to no longer be situational?

by high ranked I mean plat and higher, and high ranked players only because they’re more likely to take it seriously. You would still have to put it at a high threshold (something like 100 players would have to vote to ban the person) but I think it would work better than what we have.

I think that is incredibly short sighted to believe only a high rank can take it seriously.

Why not just elect people because they are good people rather than “This guy is Masters so he knows whats up.”

2 Likes

That is what they believe, sure. And that is the problem, fact should be separate from fiction. If I have the golds, I am the highest performing DPS and “helping my team.” Even if I was the worst player on the team, a false report is a false report. So while your observation is correct, that is precisely the problem.

7 Likes

Yup, im excited to see how she is when she comes to comp. But I was talking about the last season he played, which was only sym and torb, right now you cant even pick sym. So she was very situational when he played it

You just did, in this thread. And there are plenty others if you would like to use the search function. Even in this thread, the names Fuey and Stevo were brought up. It does not really matter how much you play. What matters is how well you pay attention and well, I have news for you.

2 Likes

that’s not what I meant at all. I don’t think all bronze players would mess the system up, but enough of them would that it would invalidate the good the system could do.

Because high ranks cannot be toxic or incorrect?

1 Like

you love twisting my words don’t you?

the current system is not ok (specially if its true that the system auto bans without no one looking to the reports). i dont know too much of USA culture but i play on the brasil server (known as the most toxic, brasilians are a nightmare) and its always the same: if a match is lost someone is getting reported (i would say 90% of the lost matchs), it doesnt matter the reason of the lose, what people doesnt get (at least on my server) its that there will be ALWAYS one winner and one loser, there shouldnt always be a reason to report someone just because we lost, sometimes you lose because the enemy team was better.

3 Likes

I’m just trying to understand the logic. How do you decide which of these high ranks is given the honor of judging reports and who isn’t?

If it is just about a judge of a persons character there is no feasible reason a Bronze player cannot do it too.

I am just simply trying to understand.

1 Like

You’re getting reported 40 times a month? For doing what?

2 Likes

If your “playstyle”(I;E doing what CnFlagration said or if you wish to be given an extreme example: simply feeding without doing anything else) ruins the experience for the team then obviously you are in the wrong and should be punished accordingly.

Its EVEN in the code of conduct(The “rules” we follow) that someone else quoted in this very thread. Disobeying and violating the code of conduct will result in a ban. No matter how much you try to “justify” the ban “being wrong” because “I can play what I want however I want” or because “I paid for the game, I can do what I want”. Fact of the matter is:

You can’t play what you want whenever you wish it. That’s not how Overwatch’s competitive mode works(Assumed its comp we are talking about. Its the mode that “matters”). In competitive you play to win and if switching to another hero means you increase your team’s chance of winning then you have to switch. This goes without saying. It also applies to everyone on the team.

1 Like

Wouldn’t work because you can just have trolls say the report is bannable when it isn’t. Being high rank doesn’t mean you would never think of throwing (Dafran).

1 Like

it’s not about judging character it’s about judging action. If the person is breaking the rules, they deserve to punished, and if somebody is false reporting, they deserve to be punished. Now I could be wrong on this, but most of the false reports I see are in low ranks people reporting others for playing characters they don’t like or for just not performing up to their standards. Would you agree with this assessment?

And in all honesty, this idea wasn’t even mine to begin with, it’s a system that I saw somebody else post about, they said CS:GO uses this system and that it’s cut down on false bans.

It’s a cooperative game, though.