Ban Visor App -------------

There are far better reasons not to play Comp.

3 Likes

It’s sad that the only reason I don’t use it is because it requires me to not play in fullscreen.

2 Likes

This is why you play the game and watch guides. Everything comes with time if you really make effort for it

if it’s not already on their radar after how much buzz has gone around about it already, that’s kind of depressing.

1 Like

An app like this is very bad for a game like OW. Correct me if i’m wrong but gamesense is an actual skill around here so if I now have a 24/7 assistant covering up for my lack gamesense how is that fair.

I’m for banning it. I donno.

23 Likes

Again it’s not telling it’s suggesting if you listen to it it might help. You can still play out of position, and die. Which happens alot to me, again this app is meant to help those not noticing small details. Like myself I’m terrible at that and I know I can’t improve on it because of my personality.

Overwatch is not a pen and paper game, it’s a game where quick decisions in the moment matter. Knowing when to play aggressive and when not to and tracking ults are skill players learn and differentiates the bad from the good. If you need an app to tell you when to play aggressive then you aren’t good and you aren’t learning, you’re being ghosted.

23 Likes

Ill see if i can download it to test it out,

First post i saw about it was literally 2 days ago. And it might be on their radar i dont know i dont work for them. They have to test the app etc to check whether its legal or not.

You would need to use it for a few games to get a great sense of how it works. Wait till it is comparing your averages to yourself not at your skill rank. then you will see that it’s just any old app.

People only see the negative part of it but actually can help bad people to get better.

Just imagine a teammate using this telling them to protect his/her healers better ? instead of telling him/her " stupid X protect me you dam retard"

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here for you.

ANTI-CHEATING AGREEMENT
Last updated February 3, 2016

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., by and through itself and/or its affiliates (“Blizzard”), considers the use of ‘unauthorized third party programs’ for hacking, cheating, botting and/or changing or facilitating gameplay to be a gross and serious violation of the Battle. net End User License Agreement (‘EULA’). An ‘unauthorized’ third party program as used herein shall be defined as any third party software, code and/or method not expressly authorized by Blizzard, including without limitation, any ‘add-on’ or ‘mod’ that in Blizzard’s sole determination:

A: enables or facilitates cheating of any type, including botting and/or changing or facilitating gameplay;
B: allows users to modify or ‘hack’ a Blizzard game’s user interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly allowed by Blizzard in the EULA;
C: intercepts, mines or otherwise collects information from or through Blizzard games.

15 Likes

If anything, it just makes players lazy and not use other communication skills to call out potential ults. Just use you guesstimates and don’t rely on a random app.

In Hearthstone you have 2 (?) ish minutes per turn, making it very easy to jot down information. Nobody is picking up a pad of paper when someone uses an ultimate in Overwatch and noting the time.

Not a very good comparison and I think apps like this should not be allowed. If Blizzard wants this information in the HUD they should add it themselves to keep an even playing field, not allow 3rd parties to add to it.

6 Likes

Many can’t understand game sense (see what I said before about this). I have a friend who can’t see junktraps. What so ever but his accuracy is amazing and that’s why he is in diamond. It’s not cheating. It really really isnt

They literally don’t though. They can make an official judgement right away saying until further investigation its seen as cheating.

1 Like

So if someones looking at an app during the game that puts them at a disadvantage. If someone tells you when to be aggressive and you eventually start doing that in your games. Thats being coached not ghosted. I think its insanse people are losing their minds over this app. When theres literal boosting sites. And coaches.

2 Likes

whoever uses this app is probably using macros too and think its not cheating because it just “helps them” 4Head

download soft aimbots while you’re at it to “help” your aim

7 Likes

What if I told you all XL2 the NYXL Contenders Team uses this or SF shock or even Soul Dynasty? Would you believe me? No but guess what they do so should we just get rid of those teams?

The goal is to track it and make the game easier for people. Its not perfect yet but you can see where this is going. If that App is not going to be banned… say bye to game sense being a skill.

2 Likes