AVRL (Overwatch caster) on Mercy damage boost

23 Likes

No, Mercy is not the problem, the problem is these poorly designed heroes (Soujorn, Ashe etc), she is not the problem, Mercy existed before all those heroes :wink: .

43 Likes

I think the thread is interesting, it is basically a bunch of people who want the hero just removed from the game.

No trying to hide it, no trying to say what you could replace the beam with. No attempt at wanting it balanced.

They just want the hero gone.

90 Likes

Yes, they are the Mercy haters, who want to remove her from the game and her from existing.

13 Likes

And then the same people rage at blizzard about why their que times are 30 minutes long.

75 Likes

What an excuse for poor game design, glad youā€™re not in charge of this ship.

12 Likes

This particular take is interesting:

Iā€™m not even a Mercy player (I donā€™t even like playing Mercy) but that ā€œcertain group of peopleā€ are Overwatch players first and foremost and Blizzard employees like AVRL would do well to remember that. Outright disrespect and hostility like that towards the playerbase is way worse than any overpriced items in a shop will ever be.

72 Likes

Oh sorry, Mercy is not a badly designed hero :wink: .

3 Likes

Sorry where did I say Mercy is the issue here?

Hmm, nah, I donā€™t like Sojourn doing 195 damage bursts even if there are no damage boosts in play. Itā€™s nice that they lowered it from being a one-shot but even so, I still find railgun horrible to face.

36 Likes

ā€œpoor game designā€ ,with those words you imply that, if it is not so, then i apologize.

Its not unexpected that this is his reaction tbh. Mercy by nature makes OWL less ā€œpogchampā€ because she takes the place of a potential aim based hero in the teamcomp,not to mention she can undo someones sick headshot.

If something is bad for OWL it puts his job at risk,hence he dosnt want it. Thats all there is to it.

But rest assured,when OWL is finally cancelled, we, ā€œthe certain group of peopleā€ will celebrate and play an actual fun game that is not held hostage by e-sport anymore.

24 Likes

any excuse not to nerf le reddit wholesome precious hitscanerinos

17 Likes

Heā€™s allowed to have that opinion. Heā€™s even allowed to express it. What he should not be doing is - as a Blizzard employee - demonising segments of the Overwatch playerbase. You and I are allowed to do that (within reason) - we donā€™t work for Blizzard.

34 Likes

Imagine replacing damage boost beam with speed boost beam instead. Make the beam green lel

Or maybe if you want to keep it blue, damage resistance

1 Like

What is wrong with Mercy 's design according to people? She is literally a full healer, she is suppossed to be done once you kill her tethered partner and do almost nothing by herself. How is that a bad design? What I find atrocious design is that every other support outheals her because ā€œduh Mercy strongā€

8 Likes

The problem is not Mercy and rather the OP and broken DPS that just get MORE broken and OP with a pocket.

I dont think I have seen any Mercy main that really wants to pocket a DPS for the complete game. The fun thing was always to jump around between teammates and help out the complete team.

I hope that they rework Mercy again to enable her to be the flexible, evasive healer again instead of a pet to DPS players.

49 Likes

That would be interesting, I wouldnā€™t mind damage boost changing, but I think itā€™s funny that he said Mercy mains are crying.
Iā€™m also thinking the initial tweet was because heā€™s was tilted or something. I do think itā€™s funny though, he sounded like a raging forum member :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yes to this! As a Mercy main Iā€™m tried of just boosting DPS - Tank - DPS, oh our Ana is low, heal her, then back to boosting Sojourn - so I donā€™t get screemed at and reported-
:blush:

1 Like

Agreed.
But letā€™s face it.
They are never gonna rework sojorn to not have the railgun.

If they ever make another 1 shot hero or high burst damage iā€™m done with this game.

2 Likes