As a Sombra main, Hack shouldn’t hurt Lucio as much as it does

Sombra is the hero that can hard counter most heroes in the game.

2 Likes

Eh, I don’t mind it honestly. Permanently active AOE healing already causes enough problems as is. It’s good that there are ways to shut it down temporarily.

While I will agree AoE healing is a bit strong when piled on, Lucio’s aura is only 16 HPS, so it’s not like it’s difficult to chew through

But everyone has different thoughts on different things

2 Likes

Lucio is not instantly dead if he gets hacked. If he’s bouncing around the enemies when he knows there is a Sombra her gets what he gets.

Outside of him playing poorly against a known danger Lucio has tons of ways to avoid hack from straight up ranging it or just turn’ n’ boop.

If you’re a lucio and you hear the start of a hack, you basically have to either run and hope you can get to your team who will probably not help you anyway or just accept the fact that you’re dead because reaction hitting a sombra with lucio is near impossible(unless they’re close enough for a boop). Sombra hack just ruins lucio so much more than any other support, tank or dps and it doesnt really make any sense why, it seems like another forced way of trying to nerf goats, but all it really did was make ladder lucio way worse.

1 Like

I think speed song should be shutdown as it is clearly communicated as an activated passive.

Heal song should not be. It is on as soon as he spawns.

Brigitte’s is a weapon passive, weapon passives are not deactivated. The same is true of Moira’s lifesteal.

2 Likes

Sombra breaks Lucio’s legs just like she breaks McCree’s legs.

Reaper’s is not a weapon passive, it is a hero passive and therefore not deactivated. It is applied to all damage he does, including quick melee.

Moira is not particularly bothered by Sombra, no more so than any other healer.

It literally turns Doomfist off as well.

1 Like

It really doesn’t. You literally can only walk and shoot when hacked.

It used to, I screwed up, he was one of my mains for a while, but I’ve not kept up with him.

Agreed, his aura doesn’t even require a button press so it doesn’t make sense for it to turn off, they should just make it so he’s unable to switch like you said.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not just “no arguments to back up a false claim?” because that’s exactly what it seems.

Maybe he got owned too hard even after hacking a Lúcio? Idk :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Except Hack has more range than Soundwave does, making it inconsistent at best, not to mention his projectiles are way to slow to stop Hack, unless Sombra is way too close for her own safety.

1 Like

Baiting for a response is pretty rude, adjust yourself, nevertheless we’d rather have to discuss the issue of one man army lucio’s who like to go in, not heal anybody and hunt for soundwave environmental kills, hopefully the nerf will tell Lucio players ‘Hey, stop moving around solo’

Yeah, he shouldn’t be able to switch songs, and he shouldn’t be able to wall ride, but let the song keep playing.

Lol I was all like “Then wtf is the problem then 0_o”

Was he able to change songs? That still seems like a significant problem, especially as switching between speed/heal/wall riding is so integral to kit. I mean sure he could just roll around and shoot his crappy weapon, but that’s not gonna cut it at higher ranks =\

But that’s an on hit proc effect like Reaper life steal (is his removed? I don’t think it should but these should be consistent regardless). What your talking about is removing the ability for her to use her primary fire.

To be fair though, I can only think of two on hit effects in the game though so it’s a pretty rare interaction in this game

Good points and distinction!

Lucio actually starts in Speed Song, not heal.

As someone that loves Lucio, I was also saddened by the hack buffs against Lucio. Still, I think Sombra vs Lucio’s interaction is fine, in this game.

Everything doesn’t have to be 1:1 - Lucio has a lot of advantages that other healers do not and can fend against other DPS’s better than most due to his amazing self sustain/mobility options.

Sometimes, like in the case of Wrecking Ball and Pharah, a hero’s mechanics may be their downfall in the face of a counter…

• Wrecking Ball diving a team only to be hacked by Sombra puts him in a position that can lead him to his death vs other tanks that play closer to his allies. Hack effects him more because it counters his playstyle.
  • Pharah’s flight mechanics, which give her a positional advantage over her teammates, also puts her into a far more harmful position against a Widowmaker than her teammates (at least, until they create an aerial tank).

I see Lucio in the same light as those two when facing a Sombra. His playstyle and mechanics get a big reality check when Sombra focuses him which may force him to play like Zenyatta and hug up against other allies. Sombra having that advantage vs all the other dps heroes sounds alright and I think the devs were more concerned with that sense of balance rather than making sure every hero is affected the same way. :slight_smile:

1 Like