As a Sombra main, Hack shouldn’t hurt Lucio as much as it does

Locking out his wall ride is enough, it doesn’t need to completely shut off whatever aura he has going on.

As it stands Lucio is the ONLY healer to be utteraly incapable of healing his allies when Hacked. That’s just unnecessary. Hack should instead lock Lucio into whatever song he’s in, that way she isn’t erasing his existence for the next 6 seconds

64 Likes

It just stops him switching the aura. The aura still works.

Which is all it does. (it DOES stop him wall riding or amping it up though)

(edit) : I’m a dumbarse, It does work like that anymore.

3 Likes

That’s how it used to work, they changed it so it turns off now.

27 Likes

Uh…the aura is gone while being hacked.

5 Likes

What?

Ok, I’m with OP and Xestern. It shouldn’t.

3 Likes

In the previous iteration of hack, Lucio just ignored being hacked because it didn’t really do anything.

5 Likes

Yeah back when they changed Sombra’s hack to disable button activated passives (phara flight, Mercy float, Lucio wall ride), they also decided to remove Lucio’s aura he had active.

As others have pointed out before, why does Zenyatta get to keep his balls in play but Lucio’s loses his aura? The whole aura change is really inconsistent.

9 Likes

I’m fairly certain Hack didn’t take out his wall ride in the previous iteration. Wallride was what Made Lucio so difficult to deal with even when hacked, it wasn’t the auras

6 Likes

Correct, wallride was originally still capable while hacked.

1 Like

I do think the aura should stay in effect, though the way Zen’s orbs are treated is consistent with any other deployable object in the game

2 Likes

Zen’s doesn’t get removed as it’s an ability already in play like Junkrat’s Trap or Mei’s Ice Wall.

The only inconsistency with Sombra’s hack that should be addressed imo is that it doesn’t remove Brigitte’s Inspire passive, which is ONLY activated with a button press.

Blows my mind how they’ve still yet to change that.

5 Likes

Brigitte’s Passive is in the same category as Moira and Reaper’s. While technically initiated by a button press, it only activates if the weapon makes contact with an enemy

It’s less a trait of the hero and more so of their weapon

6 Likes

True, I think those should still be hacked though.

It feels very odd that Lucio’s aura of healing gets negated while Brig’s doesn’t.

Also would provide some incentive to hack Moira/Reaper when they aren’t ulting.

Just seems inconsistent that they’re the outliers when it comes to passives.

1 Like

Even if they just locked Lucio into his healing aura it’d be better than what he gets now. Like I said, when he gets hacked, his existence is pretty much erased for the next 6 seconds

2 Likes

Lucio is one of the most oppressive heroes against sombra, it’s great that she can deliver the same pressure onto him.

3 Likes

I’m sorry. WHAT?

Explain it to me, how is Lucio oppressive to Sombra?

6 Likes

No spoonfeeding :bowl_with_spoon:

100% agree. The old aura lock was perfect. Also from a game health POV, Sombra hard counters Zen, and soft counters Moira. Logically speaking, Lucio should be reasonably strong against Sombra, so that she doesn’t competely dominate all Off Support options.

1 Like

it doesn’t. This was before Sombra hack buffs, now it completly shut down every single one of his abilities including healing/speed aura.

It stays for the same reason reaper keeps lifesteal passive, its not an on press button. Try missing with the fail or shotgun, nothing happens. They happen as a result of a certain event happening. Sombra doesn’t disable event passives, same reason Mercy still keeps her hp regen.

Also Lucio’s aura is already in place, no reason he should lose it.