Are you allowed to have an alt account?

Yes! That means that one player pays for the same game twice of more. I dont think they would ever be against it. Lol

That’s why I originally got my second account. Practicing new heros in QP is horrible for anything outside practicing/warming up you aim.

I think I made the account to specifically learn D.Va and practice my terrible dps heros.

When role que came out it no longer mattered cuz my dps play no longer effected my predominately tank hero playstyle in open comp.

My tank SR’s are near identical on both accounts since I have more or less learned how each tank is played but my dps SR’s are very different. My main account is Gold with Mei/JR/Ash and my other is low silver with me using Hanzo, Tracer, and Widow sometimes.

1 Like

I think before the introduction of RQ and private profiles, Alt accounts were kinda Okay-ish. Cause when u would have wanted to play DPS, u would have gotten flamed for it.

Priv. Profiles helped there a bit, but also helped hiding throwers and cheaters.

RQ was the change we needed right from the scratch imo. After we didnt really? needed alt accounts anymore.

Now streamers have also their fair share of being bad rolemodels in this topic. It didnt matter much for GM / Top500 players, but they certainly had a negative impact here, making it very casual for players to create / buy new accounts and lop on lower ranks to dunk on lower ranked players.

1 Like

You can have alt account. Their not same thing as smurfing so it doesn’t matter.

It’s fine as long as you’re trying to win.

On console it’s not hated. At least half the people have them. I have one alt that I use for more casual play on comp. I still try to win, but I’m not “try harding” and I’ll actually use DVA lol. My main is a rank above and I only play it when I’m in the mood to try hard and I only play zarya and sigma.

Im talking about pc i have an alt on console. Pc players tend to dislike alts but i know almost everyone on console has alts so people don’t complain much.

No, that’s not how it works.

By purchasing the game, you have to agree to the TOS and COC. In those, throwing behavior is prohibited.

So no, you do NOT have the right to throw.

1 Like

No TOS are not binding because there is no subscription. The game has already been paid in full for. The game is fully online only and thus the whole game would be denied to the buyer. The TOS would not hold up legally in court. So yes that is how it works. You paid for the game, you have the right to play it how you want.

dude, if activision blizzard can make money with it, you sure can expect it to be legal.

This is one of my alt accounts :sunglasses:

Nothing wrong with having alts as long as you’re not being a bad egg in your games (no throwing).

Grant of License. If you accept and comply with the terms of this Agreement, Blizzard will grant, and you will receive, a limited, revocable, non-sub licensable, and non-exclusive license to use the Platform subject to the “License Limitations,” set forth in Section 1.C below, as follows:

(
)

1. Disrupting or assisting in the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
  2. Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

I highly doubt you even remotely understand how a TOS and Code of Conduct work. They cannot take away your game but they have full legal rights to limit YOUR use of THEIR systems and servers.

But purchasing the game, you also get a license to play. Violating the terms of said license will have it promptly taken away. Theyre not taking away your game; they’re taking away your PRIVILEGE to play it. Keep in mind all they sold you was a black screen with the OW Logo on it; you have to have a license to play.

Have you even read the TOS?

The quote from my previous post is a direct citation of the Blizzard Terms of Service.

1 Like

They don’t have legal standing to pull such a bait and switch. There are laws surrounding reasonable expectations of consumers. Any customer goes into the transaction assuming they are buying a product not a service. Which like I said has it’s own protections which overrides such underhanded non binding legal contracts. It’s like fine print that says you owe 2000% interest if you miss a loan payment. They can make the demand but good luck for them winning that in court. Like I said earlier the full game is walled behind their network thus it’s holding your property and ability to play the game you paid for hostage. This shouldn’t be a hard concept for you to grasp. That is the very reason why they forfeit their right to make such calls. If they limited your gameplay to non multiplayer content on the game then they could argue that since they are still giving access to the game but they aren’t smart enough to do that. They’d likely lose that argument too given the nature of the game itself being advertised as a multiplayer game.

That’s the thing though - you STILL have access to the game. You just cannot log into your account in order to play the game.

They can ban your ACCOUNT, which doesn’t cost money to create - only purchasing the game on said account.

1 Like