Are there so many cheaters or what?

I am not sure what the deal is, but at least half of the games I play it feels like there are cheaters. I mostly play QP but my comp rank is gold 3. I know the matchmaking for QP is far wider than it is in comp. The highest rank I have every verified in one of my QP games was Diamond. That being said I have way too many games where someone or multiple people have near perfect aim. A Gold - Diamond Ashe should not be hitting every single shot, yet I see it all the time. I want to report all these people. Is there any reason not to report people who have near perfect aim?

4 Likes

There is a lot of afk bots and triggerbots and wallhackers lately.

3 Likes

Report them, if they have consistently perfect aim they will get more reports over time and usually banned within a few days. If someone’s aim on kill-cam looks even a tad off (frame skips, flicks which occur milliseconds before the killshot takes place) I generally report them, and every day get the “Thank you for reporting” notif. which implies they were banned in some form.

1 Like

maybe i had one earlier this morning. a tank player that was rein and hog. only reason i noticed was because the game was epic and close and i felt like i made a big difference as sombra. watched all the enemies in replay and noticed strange behavior from the tank heh

2 Likes

Don’t know that I’ve ever seen a legit cheater, but I’m on console.

Idk if I have some super mega 1 in a trillion luck or something but in my 700 hours of playing this game I have yet to meet a cheater.

Tbf, I only played SOME comp during OW2 S1 and almost none in S2, then nothing.

And to this day, I think I’v only seen one cheater, one Cassidy with the lifeguard skin during season 1. But can’t even confirm it.

I do know there are cheaters in the game, but wouldn’t say there are many.

You must be lucky, I report people I think are cheating almost every day and I get a good number of notification back from blizzard that say thank you for report and that some action has been taken.

Before I uninstalled for the next 3 seasons, I was just getting a ton of smurfs.

People like that need to just be IP banned honestly.

2 Likes

IP ban wont do anything since they can refresh new one instantly,hardwareban is way harder to dodge.

1 Like

Just something to prevent masters players who washed out in comp from coming into my matches please.

I’ll even sing Blizz praises, even though I hate that company lmao.

1 Like

Love the gaslighting “I’ve never seen a cheater” posts from all these useful idiots. Just using google, you can tell this is the 2nd most hacked game, only losing to Fortnite. Yet, considering the player base of both games, it is a much (MUCH) more egregious problem in Overwatch.

2 Likes

A lot of cheaters but what can you do?

Yes. What i find the most are triggerbots and wallhacks. This Is so tiring

If you are confident they are cheating, you should report them - I get the impression the games anti-cheat system is heavily reliant on players reports.

I had a literal bot rein that didn’t move unless an enemy was in front of him. And would stand still and hold up shield? It was weird as heck. Definitely not a human player.

WTF is going on with all these cheaters and bots

watch the codes…

9SCN4D
KY4VS3
1Z05FA
MKKGP3
YC9V0B
119R7R

i had these all in less than a week

1 Like

Looks like a normal Reinhardt player from metal rank to me. They’re either too aggressive or too passive as I see many in my Bronze matches. Last time I logged in more than a week ago there was one playing exactly like this. Our Support started screaming in VC “SWING *****!”

Could be no way to know but I’ll report if it’s weird.

I’m not surprised there are auto playing bots now. Easy battle pass grind ig

I just had a Lucio shut us down in bronze 3. He got 18 kills (with 1k heals) on a payload defense round. I mentioned to my team that I suspected that he’s cheating and they said, “No, he’s just a Smurf.” How come when I play M-F 9a-3p (before work) there’s hardly ever any “smurfs”, but on the weekends, they’re everywhere. I went back, watched the replay and his crosshair was straight hugging everyone. I usually hit 45-55% hit with McCree but, I can’t kill a Lucio before he kills me?

Replay link code: 42ZNX5

1 Like