Are the Developers hypocrites

They say don’t be toxic, but implement toxic voice lines and scorn communication of them against team mates.

Thats like calling someone trash and saying you aren’t toxic because its a world of warcraft quote from Mechagon…

Can Overwatch’s community (really) and actually ever not be toxic or annoying?

2 Likes

One person will say “#@*! You!” is not being toxic. Its a joke.
Another person will say “Dipstick” voiceline is toxic. Its a joke.

Who is right, who is wrong?

2 Likes

Neither person is being a saint, again my question still lingers in this regard for the very above reason.

The devs lied to us numerous times also. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

5 Likes

Because it’s intended to be hero interactions with heroes. Not IRL Joe being toxic to Jim IRL.

13 Likes

“we will be having more frequent and aggressive balance changes in the coming future”

4 Likes

Don’t forget that they created the experimental card to test crazy changes that would probably not make it to the main game.

We have no experimental card section for feedback, and guess what? They pushed every change to live. Even when Pros and numerous other players commented that Ashe’s scoped to unscope change is overpowered.

The experimental card is just a streamlined version of PTR now. Your feedback does not matter.

1 Like

they should’ve at least nerfed dynamite in the same patch

3 Likes

Maybe they will… in the next experimental card… which is in 2 months probably KEKW

Is this because an enemy D.Va used ‘‘is this easy mode?’’ or is it because you were complaining and your Mercy used the ‘‘someone call the whambulance’’? I need to know which one hurts you the most.

6 Likes

So now we complaining about voice lines? I—

5 Likes

Toxicity isnt telling someone is doing something wrong, or saying something as a voice line. Being toxic would be being overbearlingly insulting, or rude to someone.

saying “could you not play ashe, we dont need an ashe” is not toxic
Saying “ashe doesnt work out against the enemy” is not toxic
Saying “could we change the dps please” is not toxic
If the person is not directly insulting you. Theyre not toxic.
Saying gg at the end of the match is not toxic
Even saying EZ isnt toxic, its just a d***head thing to do.

Being annoying is not being toxic.

Because of people who spam reports about people saying “gg ez” once in chat, we dont have a properly functioning report system, because the entire system is flooded with a bunch of snowflakes taking offense over every small thing on the game.

"someone call the wah-mbulance"

4 Likes

It could be that one part of the development team finds the toxic voice lines to be funny while another part of the team doesn’t like that kind of communication at all. I dunno.
It doesn’t matter much what the voice lines themselves are though, because toxic players will find ways to be toxic regardless of the voice lines they’re given.

I think that most people are missing the point, The “toxic” voicelines are meant to be for hero to hero, not player to player.

Ah, the old argument…

Jeff said, “it´s not fun to play against oneshotting heroes”

Yet something like Widow can still do that.

Can´t have a cake and eat it too…

yes devs are definitely hypocrites.

Exhibit A:

yet completely ignore how infinite tp ruined any independence sym had. not to mention infinite tp + nerfing the rest of her kit despite the fact that we had them in the unnerfed state for over a year prior to double shield meta and she was underperforming during all that time across various meta shifts. i.e. they nerfed the individual balance of a hero hard that was already individually underpowered.

Exhibit B:
They said the 3.0 rework for sym is to make her more dynamic and flexible. fast forward to sigma patch they roll out infinite tp that pretty much took all that away while simultaneously saying “it’s less restrictive”. absolutely BS.

1 Like

One has to be really “special” to identify with a virtual heroes quotes in order to take them personally and toxic.

It all went downhill since like Season 4 onwards… we aren’t mildly toxic but pure toxic waste.

And that honestly should close this topic.