Are people this deaf? OW2 is clearly coming in 2022

Probably because they’re designing skins for several new heroes.

I don’t know how you figure that one out. All it could mean is a ton of OWL skins dropped all at once. Or even better, more of those “home” and “away” or OWL teams skins. You know, those recolors that represent a certain team. That’s more skins this year than any before.

And if you consider those “redesigns” skins (which I do hope you can run OW1 looks over most of those), that would be some 35 (I’m assuming with few new heroes). That would still not be more than any year before.

Yes, we know there are hints, and that’s nice. But it wouldn’t kill anybody to have actual communication on ow2 development, and clear announcements or roadmaps that make it obvious what their goals are

1 Like

well, to be more specific, he said more legendary skins than any other year. so no, it isn’t just recolours or OWL skins.

It is 100% sure that OW2 will not come 2022 as it has already been confirmed by Blizzard, unless Microsoft is so dumb to rush out an unfinished product.

This is not 100% correct. They have communicated during the call that the games needs more time than expected, due changes in leadership. 1 day after that AndyB answered this:

“One rumor to clear up: I’m seeing a lot of folks assuming a launch date in 2023 is wrote. Without being pedantic, I want to point out that there was no release date or beta date communicated in yesterday’s earnings call. While I’m not prepared to discuss dates with you here today, I want to quash the rumor of a 2023 release date as being somehow “official”.” - Source: As a former apologist, I have lost hope - #112 by AndyB-11735

My guess here is that the release schedule has probably pushed back to Q4 2022 and not Q2 2022. So we need to wait what ABK is announcing next week Thursday to their shareholders. If you are interested you can join the call and hear what they really saying instead on only looking on the pdf they posted after the call without any context.

1 Like

They clearly said that Diablo 4 and OW 2 will not be released in 2022 and you don´t say something like that when you are not 100% sure.

Which means that even 2023 is not set in stone and it might be even later.

Source? I’ll give you 5 dogecoin if you can give me a quote.

Lol.

1 Like

Last years ActivisionBlizzards earning call.

They did not in that call say that Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 would not be released in 2022.

I’ve read the transcript.

This has been explained multiple times within this thread already.

1 Like

Correct. They only thing they have stated is that it takes longer than expected and that we will hear more news on the progress throughout 2022. Many shareholders, journalists, etc. directly saying that it will not come in 2022. I agree that the pdf they have shared wasn’t that clear enough and gave many the feeling that if will not coming in 2022. I’m still thinking that we are getting the first Part of OW2 this year and the other half (PvE) in 2023.

Since there is no word of any beta, alpha or even pre order, dont exepct OW2 any time soon.
Dont give in to the hype once more people, it is not healthy in this game enviroment anymore.

More skins might be connected to adding new shop, more OWL skins and stuff like that, there is no reason to expect it just to be OW2 as of now.

I agree on that and AndyB already mentioned that “Content Creators” is a tool for Blizzard’s marketing strategy for major beats announcement and my guess is that we will see more about this when we are getting closer to the OWL Season 5 in April.

1 Like

Except for the one that OWL will be using in 3 months and need to have access to for practice at some point before the season starts.

1 Like

The thing is… I can remember that I have read somewhere that a Blizzard spokesperson mentioned that this build is exlclusive to the OWL and it should hype up the Community for things to come in the future… I just hope that they using a Beta drop like Valorant or Content Creators, cause it would makes a lot of players mad only seeing OW2 without experiencing it ourself.

Why narcissistic leadership is a bad thing in overwatch and other blizz games not to mention higher ups in the company.

Source: ht tps://investor.activision.com/events/event-details/activision-blizzard-third-quarter-calendar-2021-results-conference-call

Clearly says “we will deliver a lot next year but not for OW2 and D4”

This is the actual quote:

The thing you have put in quotation marks (you know what they’re for, right - they’re for quoting a person) was not said.

No-where did they say that Overwatch 2 was not launching in 2022. That’s your conclusion, but it’s not a quote. It’s a fabrication. You made it up.

They also said:

Which means that they have changed their forecast to indicate there will not be a significant contribution to revenue from Overwatch 2 or Diablo IV in 2022. That does not mean they won’t release in that year. It may just mean they won’t release as early in the year as originally forecast and that, as a result, the expected revenue for fiscal 2022 will be lower (with the implication that the revenue for fiscal 2023 will be higher).

We specifically had a Blizzard employee tell us on this forum to not interpret this as “Overwatch 2 is now releasing in 2023” and no, that doesn’t mean “Overwatch 2 is releasing in 2024”, either.

This has been repeated over and over within this thread: Blizzard are being deliberately vague until they are required to give their 2022 projections next week and you are being deliberately obtuse in ignoring this simple fact.

2 Likes

Adding more to what you’ve said, there was an insider info that before the delay OW2 was suppose to release before summer 2022. Jeff once said they prepare new event skins 1 year in advance and I think the reason we’ve got only 2 legendaries is this was suppose to be the last event before release of OW2.
If my theory is correct we won’t see Archives event at all, coz they didn’t prepared skins for Archives for the reasons stated above. Also season 5 of OWL is around the time Archives would be life, so we’ll have a ton new info about OW2 or even playable beta, so what would be the point to held an old event anymore.

1 Like