Are Most Forum Users Just Trolls?

I was asking questions of your thought process behind your post and stated beliefs.

There’s no way to provide statistics for something that you can’t get statistics for. I merely asked what percentage of players “you think” actually go around wrecking games for fun. It would’ve been a subjective answer for the sake of honest dialogue.

Here’s the exact quote.

Because you responded to something in a way that didn’t make sense to my reply my guy. You replied to a response that contextually didn’t make sense.

I wanted clarification, I actually couldn’t tell.

I suggested it was.

You suggested the game was more toxic, and then went on to be toxic.

That sounds pretty ironic to me, maybe intentionally ironic, possibly even satirical.

I wasn’t trolling at all, I was making an observation.

Buddy I’ve kept things very polite, the conversation didn’t derail until you started assuming the worst of me rather than just taking my words as they were intended to be taken: at face value.

No, I’m someone who wants a conversation.

I can be abrasive at times, but I’m not here to derail or enrage or harass.

I didn’t fault anyone, I suggested those who look for toxicity tend to find it and are often most vocal about it:

I don’t want anyone to face toxicity in game, and aim to suggest they take all precautions against it if it bothers them that much.

Never blamed you, if I did, you should be able to pull a quote.

I suggested you might have a blind spot for my quote above, everyone has and affinity for blind spots in some way.

Clicked on the post, forgot we interacted until well into my initial second quote honestly.

But while we’re here, can we drop the hostilities? The point of the second reply was to show that if you’re suggesting that “trolls are insulting you” is the reason you’re abandoning threads that maybe you shouldn’t have examples floating around of insults levied against someone who was nothing but amicable in their approach to a conversation.

It’s always a good feeling when someone takes my advice.

1 Like