Are Mercy players no longer worthy of being individuals or human (we're called creatures now too)?

Funny that you should mention that, since the Mercy main you are referring to is me, only I did not talk about any cult - that was a reply someone made to my thread in which I, as an associate professor, was quite curious about the research potential in observing the forum behavior.

Or as I replied to a previous thread:

Wait, you?
Hah, what do you know? There are 2 guys that did this.
Let me see whether I can find the second one. That one is just memeing, while you have serious expertise in the matter.

Edit: Damn it! It got 404.

what could possibly make people dislike mercy mains?

could it possibly be the spam?
could it be all the whining?
could it be complaining about mercy in non-mercy posts?

big think :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Mercy crying threads are like my favorite song at this point. We’re people too! THIS IS A VIDEOGAME!

1 Like

I don’t really have any expertise in this subject matter, but I can’t keep my brain from thinking about things from a research perspective when I see interesting topics popping up.

I think the topic you’re looking for was removed.

1 Like

Yup it did.
At least you have better knowledge on this subject than I do.

You’re feeling it now, aren’t you? What the rest of us live with everyday.

Your own mortality.

Everyone gets criticized and ridiculed for whatever they play. You don’t even play the game anymore so why are you bothered by the words of individuals you’ll never meet on a game you’ll never play. You’re not special for playing Mercy. Not anymore.

Having empathy for people being treated unjustly is not exclusive for people who are active in the game. I actually created this thread after observing someone with a total of 3 posts on this forum getting the full brunt of pent up frustration directed towards him/her, just because this person created a topic regarding Mercy.

Oh how the tables have turned, before the mass mercy threads the entire forum just hated dps mains.

I mean, Blizzard locked the 18k+ comment Mercy thread without responding to it. Ask them to reopen it if you really want the posts to stop.

Well, any degrading treatment, regardless of categorization, is wrong.

Yeah the mercy Revert requests are LITERALLY the #1 trending topic on Google when it comes to Overwatch. Infact it CLOUDS out the searches for Overwatch League and the backlash is IMMENSE. Ive NEVER seen a game issue so talked about ALL over the Interweb. IGN, Reddit, youtube, etc. Strawpolls with SIGNFICANT numbers, show it clocks in at a 73% for people wanting that Mercy Revert.

Including your happy meme factories with literal Mercy generation. I’d say they need to take the hint.

Bring mass rez back, Fix it’s LOS, give the ability a 25% healing of total health upon rez so EVERYONE on the opposing team isn’t mad, and call it a day.

That way they can still have their mass rez back. The players come back , and we call can get along just fine.

As soon as Mercy’s issues go away, sure!

And the complaints are here for a reason.

Why don’t you…

3 Likes

Literally no one cares to listen to Mercy mains whine any longer, especially not Blizz.

“Mercy’s issues” are gone. She’s finally in line with the other healers so that Moira, Ana, and Lucio won’t be considered “trolling because mercy is better” anymore.

Think she’s unfun now? Tough.
Learn another hero, or quit the game. It’s not hard.
If Mercy being awful boring is what it takes for the game and other healers to be balanced then so be it.

2 Likes

You need to stop using ‘literally’ as a crutch word, as it doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means. After all, as we can clearly see from the posts here, yours included, people care very, very much about what Mercy mains think and do.

2 Likes

Moon, it’s best to let them fight their own battles, telling them to stop will not matter.They will keep going and keep going. It’s best to let them fight, not trying to stop it.

Mercy does not deserve more attention than heroes who have been F tier forever.
However Mercy posts spam the forum pushing down anything about other heroes.

Me me me me me now now now now wa waa waaa!

2 Likes

i realy donut care about propa englesh on the ovrwotch forums

Perhaps not, but you do care about what the Mercy mains think. That seems to be your problem. That, and women having opinions on things.