Are Mercy players no longer worthy of being individuals or human (we're called creatures now too)?

I see a really bad trend where Mercy players, regardless of opinion or past actions, are treated as one unit; not even worth the status of being individuals with their own opinions. I am absolutely fine with being criticized for things I’ve said or stated, but very often I see criticism directed towards me that other people have said, and just because I happened to main Mercy once upon a time (I haven’t even played the game since January) I am accused of having the same opinions. I am old enough on these forums to know how things work around here, and I am using myself as an example but my concern is really about how this affects other Mercy players in general.

It’s dehumanizing… And it’s a growing trend… and I predict that this thread will get toxic very quickly but it is not my intention to stir up inflammatory discussion. I am genuinely concerned about this trend.

45 Likes

Please stop spamming the forums.

Mercy posts are ignored by Blizzard for a reason.

Take the hint pleaseeee

36 Likes

This is not a post regarding the state of Mercy as a hero, but regarding the treatment of people, which is very different from other topics with the word Mercy in the topic title.

13 Likes

But surely by making this thread you’re singling out Mercy mains as “one unit” yourself, no?

The very thing you’re standing against…

17 Likes

Maybe mercy players would shut up if blizzard responded

Its a vicious cycle

Blizzard doesnt respond ----> + mercy threads -----> blizzard ignores them ------> repeat

21 Likes

Not at all, and I don’t really see how you could interpret my post like that. I am making an observation and using myself as an example. I see this trend frequently enough to be concerned about it.

6 Likes

Fixed it for you :sweat_smile:

Besides, they did respond, once.
Given it was long ago, but they clearly said ages ago that they’ve no plans to revert her.

10 Likes

People have always disliked Mercy for being able to resurrect a whole team, for having an se exploit and being OP for a year.

She’s called no skilled and her onetricks and mains are called boosted. It’s just how it is. I think it’s mainly because people are angry that a Mercy main who’s so-called “no skill” is outranking their “skilled” hero.

3 Likes

Ignoring someone is a childish act and never fixes anything as we can clearly see…

13 Likes

So is 100s of Mercy mains spamming the forums just to whine about something that is clearly never going to change.

6 Likes

Speaking about an issue does not make you guilty of it.

I don’t get how you got to this conclusion.

11 Likes

Also they said that moment that they think mercy is in a good spot as well, and she got nerfed again after that so that doesnt hold anymore tbh

13 Likes

You mean something like “Mercy is not fun anymore” and people answer with “She won’t get reverted!! Get over it when will you mercy mains…((300 words of hate later it ends))” like wtf?

2 Likes

It’s good to show disappointment from the community to the developers. People care about their favorite hero. You’re the one wasting your time.

8 Likes

You’re right, getting through to Mercy mains is just as hard as getting through to Blizzard anyway

1 Like

I’m fine with them in the game, playing as Ana or Zen is great having a Mercy main besides me.
The forums are a completely different world, there’s nothing else to discuss because it’s full of spam of Mercy, i didn’t care at the beginning but it’s getting really annoying now, it’s out of control.

1 Like

why are you guys jumping on Qwazi, they just said they don’t like being treated like that and you go and do what they said its wrong with this community.

can’t we be nice to each other? if you dont care about mercy and dont think anything’s going to change… dont write about it? and if your opinion is diffrent please don’t be mean to people who want their main changed. every opinion is valid. yours and mine.

16 Likes

From what I’ve seen on the forums when ever Blizzard acknowledges complaints that effectively boils down to “we hear you, but we disagree with you” it just causes even more threads to be made.

For example, when they said they weren’t going to revert mercy awhile back there was a massive influx of threads on the matter for the next several weeks.

It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation for Blizzard. If they don’t respond people claim Blizzard is ignoring them, if Blizzard responds with any form of disagreement towards the player complaints they just cause more outcry from the players.

This happens with every issue I’ve seen so far from roadhog’s rework to dva’s changes to the mercy complaints to Symmetra’s balancing

3 Likes

Wait so you don’t have a Genji main boyfriend boosting you?

4 Likes

What you are missing is, that these are not the same people. The loudest on the forum are always those who disagree the most with something. Those who don’t probably will just play the game or something else.

However after 6 months it does feel like mercy is actually unfun to everyone, mercy main or not. I don’t mean now and now i don’t mean unbalanced, just unfun.

3 Likes