Are limited skins ruining ow?

I kind of see your point but also idk. Like they do the 3 weekly event challenge skins to encourage playing throughout the whole event, and I think it’s cute how they come w sprays too.

Annual All Stars skins would be cool if they came back every year in addition to the new ones.

They should keep MVP skins in the OWL token store year-round in my opinion. If someone is going to be crowned the MVP of the entire OWL for that year and the designers are going to work making a whole skin around them, why is it only available for 2 weeks? :skull: At least make it available for the entire year or something.

1 Like

Ever heard from wow mounts?
No?
Better not start the game, more items removed than in the game.

I still collect every mount i can, well knowing there are over 3000 legendary mounts never available again forever.

So will nobody ever play wow bc he can’t get these 3000 mounts? (skins) nope

The only skin I really wish for is the Mercy All-Stars skin I missed out on while taking a break from OW for a couple months. Only true pink mercy is sparks mercy.

3 Likes

Uhhh thanks I guess?

Ruining? They’re mild inconveniences at worst.

No. I don’t even see them while playing. Just on death, potg and the winner’s circle.

Skins are not important.

Thunder Doomfist? Have I missed a challenge?

It’s annoying, but I think those are the least of this game’s problems.

No.

The only thing that ruins any game is the players.

1 Like

short answer… no

long answer…nnnoooooooooooooooo!

1 Like

devs can ruin games too tho or more commonly publishers…STARES IN EA

So devs can’t possibly ruin the game?

This is pretty much what happens in every game when people join over 3 years late. Of course there is going to be items/cosmetics people missed out on.

They don’t effect the game at all

No, everything but the event skins are.

You didn’t miss a challenge, it was the OWL skin made for the San Francisco Shock after they won the championship

The game has much bigger problems but I don’t think the current system is sustainable or smart in the long run.

Eventually, there’s going to end up being hundreds of skins locked away forever. That’s a huge turn off to newer players and an absurd amount of wasted revenue.

I expect they’ll be making pretty massive changes to the monetization and skin system with OW2 though.

1 Like

I feel you. People who are collectors that start to play the game on a later date will be frustrated that they can’t have some of the best skins and their enjoyment of the game will be 0 then move on to different games. I myself got tired of paying for cosmetics and so I put down a game that I loved in the past because of that.

4 Likes

No.

I mean, if you want to play Overwatch then you want to play Overwatch. If your focus is on skins when you don’t even own the game then you probably didn’t want to play that much in the first place.

These limited time events are fun little bonuses for Overwatch players. Imagine that, rewarding the people that actually play the game with a couple of special treats every now and again, and threads like this say it’s “ruining” the game. Pathetic.

1 Like