Are limited skins ruining ow?

Do you think limited skins are ruining ow? Every event there’s 3 new epic limited skins. Frequent owl skins and weekly challenges like tracers comic. I’m not saying that all limited skins should be stopped but most of the skins now are limited I think it’s rather ridiculous

18 Likes

No

66 Likes

They’re only cosmetics…So, no.

55 Likes

Yes but almost every new cosmetic is limited now if it was only a few I’d have a different viewpoint but there’s too many being added now

3 Likes

Yes.

Someone hacked Blizzard’s store and bought Pink Mercy in 2020.

So, yes.

They are.

2 Likes

Ok. So what? It doesn’t impact gameplay.

9 Likes

I’d actually argue they’re one of the few things financially supporting it atm.

5 Likes

Most of them aren’t even that good (to me)

I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a limited skin and went (OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THIS NOW)

2 Likes

It might start impacting gameplay if it continues at this rate.

1 Like

In what way?

6 Likes

Someone literally bought Pink Mercy from the store in 2020 by hacking it and retrieving the old URL and purchasing it.

1 Like

What has that got to do with gameplay?

15 Likes

What’s stopping them from trying to hack the game next? Or make cheats? Idk man. It’s tiring that people have to literally hack Blizzard to get the cosmetics they want.

2 Likes

Slippery slope isn’t an argument…

19 Likes

Whatever then. See ya around.

2 Likes

Unless the limited skins make characters perform better its a definite no.

Thats just me personally, I do not care about cosmetics.

1 Like

Yes, from my perspective, it ruins my enjoyement of this game. I really like cosmetics and I started to play just last christmass, only to find out, that I missed some of the best skins for my favourite characters, that are not going back. Mercy - 3 skins -pink, doctor, all stars, Lucio - All stars, Demon hunter Sombra, Ana bastet,…
Yeah as someone, who mained support role for 6 months and than switched to dps, I am “really happy” to play the year, when all stars are going to tanks and there is no chance to get the old skins. It´s just a bitter feel in my guts to see this skins in game knowing, that I am never going to get them. I found my self less and less enjoying this game and more to focus on other games…

10 Likes

Do I think they’re ruining anything? No, not really.

Is the frequency getting pretty ridiculous? Yea.

Like, I can see the annual all star and Blizzcon skins, but we also get MVP skins, 3 skins per event, what feels like half a dozen mini events, and the occasional “I dunno here’s a random OWL skin”.

Seriously Blizzard, calm down. I can’t even call it money grubbing because half of them you just get after 9 wins. It’s just excessive.

10 Likes

This.

People have emotions and I love that this community just ignores that.

7 Likes

Almost every new skin is limited to 9 wins which makes players leave, try to afk out or resort to hacking. So its a big yes.

1 Like